What concert/show are you going to go to next?

Tonight Puressence, tomorrow Mew, Saturday Morrissey - the weekend starts early.

mariachi el bronx 23rd november
nightmarchers 24th november
buff medways 4th december
the horrors 20th december

John Cale performing Paris 1919 in its entirety for one night only!?!

Malcolm Middleton

Buzzcocks/ The Beat (on the same night- undecided... Saw the Buzzcocks in Oxford earlier this eyar and it was great)

Stewart Lee

Cirque Du Soleil

John Cale performing Paris 1919 in its entirety for one night only!?!

Malcolm Middleton

Buzzcocks/ The Beat (on the same night- undecided... Saw the Buzzcocks in Oxford earlier this eyar and it was great)

Stewart Lee

Cirque Du Soleil

You're lucky I love that Cale album..

Love a bit of variety me - next up Gong, Marillion, Ian Broudie, and then a few NYD's gigs will get December rolling.

Off to see Luke Haines tonight...

How was he? I wanted to go to the London gig, but alas I can't go out on work nights.

My Life Story at the end of the month - any fans?

See above! I love My Life Story.

My next gig is Hugh Cornwell on Friday, although I'm only going because my boyfriend wants to go and otherwise I'll be sitting in on my own on a Friday night. The next gig I'm excited about is Marilyn Manson at Brixton (I must get round to buying tickets). After that it's Electric Six at Islington. Yay Six!!!

My next gig is Hugh Cornwell on Friday, although I'm only going because my boyfriend wants to go and otherwise I'll be sitting in on my own on a Friday night.

I saw Hugh Cornwell a couple of months ago - you'll have a good night.

Buzzcocks/ The Beat (on the same night- undecided... Saw the Buzzcocks in Oxford earlier this eyar and it was great)l

Buzzcocks every time (I've seen both this year)

Just a thought is it worth us having a thread for chat about gigs that we've been to. It might just be me who likes to pick up on what other people are watching and recommending - but anything that gets me out to see more bands is a bonus.

How was he? I wanted to go to the London gig, but alas I can't go out on work nights.
He was great - very witty and entertaining as usual! Very small venue and he played a few Auteurs songs in amongst his new solo material, nice wee evening:thumb:

I loved My Life Story back in the day and always thought they were enjoyable live - would love to be seeing them again but they are not round my way this time...

Röyksopp, tomorrow night :)
Event-24260-28-08142009-0.jpg

@ the Grand Ballroom in the Regency Center

http://www.last.fm/music/Röyksopp

As I put earlier in the topic last night I went to see Rise Against. They were totally awesome and the mosh pit was the craziest I think I have ever seen.

Anyhow after the final song what should be the song everyone leaves to. Bigmouth strikes again!! It was not The Smiths who it was by but at least it was a Morrissey related link to the concert.

saw The xx open for Friendly Fires on friday...AWESOME show. The xx sound better live than on the album (contrary to what i've been hearing) and they were the only opening act i've ever wanted to come back for an encore. the band actually weren't allowed in before their set to watch the opening act (Holly Miranda, who sucked) because they're still underage...but they all drank buds while playing. you'd think they'd drink Dos Equis...

3rd time seeing Friendly Fires and they never do a half-assed show, but seeing them in a place as tiny as The Casbah was amazing. Ed Basically sat in my lap the entire night

You're lucky I love that Cale album..[/QUOT

What a concert. Then he went into one. He obviously attracts FUNDAMENTALISTS.... when my mate told me the Chipping Sodbury song was about Graham Greene life didn't get much better than that moment

Also he didn't do an encore

David Quantwat was there, paul morley too as was james Dean Bradfield. An important gig. then

Cardiff Coal Exchange it was at. First time he's ever done that

Tributosaurus becomes the Beatles -Dec. 2.

http://www.tributosaurus.com/

I may even take my kids to their Dec. 3rd (all ages) show.
Great cover band/session musicians who come together once a month to "be a band". They have one practice and then these shows. The pull it off amazingly.

Check out who they've 'been' - I've been to a lot- Did a great Bowie show. When they did the Smiths, the lead singer weighed over 400 lbs (has lost literally a ton since) and his first comment was "I know I look like I ate Morrissey..." :lbf:

Edit: I should be at the Handsome Devilz show tomorrow- can't make it. :(

Last edited:
Corrissey-

If you are a Beatles fan, you should try to see the Fab Faux if they come around....its Will Lee from Letterman's band....he heads up a group of musicians that play Beatles tunes pretty awesomely.

I'm going to see them next month, they are doing "Sgt. Peppers" in its entirety.

Seen in the last four weeks, The Specials (amazing), The Dead Weather (fab) and The Flaming Lips (rubbish venue). I have got The Editors and The Primatives early next year...;)

Back
Top Bottom