What did make you smile today?

yeah, it might be okay. im a bit worried about the bedding now. I don't know if it comes with bedding or not, and if it does, is it going to be washed? or am i going to have to wait until my "assigned laundry day" to wash it and sleep in dirty sheets until then?!

I signed a six month lease so I guess I have to stay there for six months..... or not. *shrug*

Apropos of nothing... but this put such a smile on my face. My dad was going through some old papers and letters. This is about 80 years old, and it was written by his brother Ken to their dad who was away at sea during WW2 (in about 1940). Unfortunately the first page has been lost, but we have Ken's sign-off and drawings. He would have been about 11 at the time, I think. I especially like 'Us after the War' (he did in fact grow up to join the navy, like his dad), and the old BBC mic. And all those kisses... he must have really missed his dad (surprising, as he was a right little horror). Shirley is their sister. 'Bunt' is my dad - his family nickname was Bunty, for reasons I have never understood. Ken died about 25 years ago, so this is a precious piece of family history.

1583189190146.png

yeah, it might be okay. im a bit worried about the bedding now. I don't know if it comes with bedding or not, and if it does, is it going to be washed? or am i going to have to wait until my "assigned laundry day" to wash it and sleep in dirty sheets until then?!

I signed a six month lease so I guess I have to stay there for six months..... or not. *shrug*
Is it usual for rented places to come with bedding? I've never encountered that before. But then I've never rented anywhere where they told me where I had to put my shoes :lbf:

Is it usual for rented places to come with bedding? I've never encountered that before. But then I've never rented anywhere where they told me where I had to put my shoes :lbf:
some places do, some don't! I don't know. I feel like I could ask him but i'd rather just find out when I get there and deal with it then.

Apropos of nothing... but this put such a smile on my face. My dad was going through some old papers and letters. This is about 80 years old, and it was written by his brother Ken to their dad who was away at sea during WW2 (in about 1940). Unfortunately the first page has been lost, but we have Ken's sign-off and drawings. He would have been about 11 at the time, I think. I especially like 'Us after the War' (he did in fact grow up to join the navy, like his dad), and the old BBC mic. And all those kisses... he must have really missed his dad (surprising, as he was a right little horror). Shirley is their sister. 'Bunt' is my dad - his family nickname was Bunty, for reasons I have never understood. Ken died about 25 years ago, so this is a precious piece of family history.

View attachment 54814
aw that's precious! "us after the war" <3

you have to remember to feed him. he likes to sit at the table, and as you can tell from his picture, he enjoys a little beer every now and again.

He's gonna need a stiff drink when he's out of jail. :lbf:

:(

Great deep joy. Asda turned up and brought me 8 tins of tomatoes. ❤ I would have kissed the delivery driver, were it not for social distancing.

94264608_4810249769600_3216270900806549504_o.jpg

A bloke in the student flats across the road hollering out of his window at construction workers for having been making a noise since 8am on a Sunday morning, which is illegal. Well done mate! I thought it was just me who was hypersensitive.
I always think that too, that it's just me, that I'm intolerant. My grandma used to always say that things bug me because I let them bug me, which isn't true at all (not to mention psychologically wrong). I try my hardest not to let things bug me, to 'put things into perspective' so that they don't seem so irksome or upsetting (and sometimes I succeed too well: for instance I now LOVE the sound of chewing when, like every normal person on the planet, I used to abhor it, it used to make me want to smash a person's face in. Now I sit there listening in secret delight, positively getting shivers down my spine). However more and more I've been finding out that a hell of a lot of people are a hell of a lot more intolerant than I am and that most people view not having your senses assaulted constantly as a basic human right.

sam neill is so amazing. he talks his gnomes!!
great poem too, it made me think of dreamyneil <3

Sam Neill, what a star! Who'd have thought he had a thing for gnomes? I love Wendy Cope - in fact I have that poem in a collection of hers, 'Serious Concerns'. Interesting fact: the cover features a drawing of Wendy's very own Roger Bear, who has been with her since childhood and features in some of her poems. (Interesting fact as in, interesting to Eddy. Possibly).

1588533286349.png

Another favourite of mine, from the same book:

A CHRISTMAS POEM
At Christmas little children sing and merry bells jingle,
The cold winter air makes our hands and faces tingle,
And happy families go to church and cheerily they mingle
And the whole business is unbelievably dreadful, if you're single.

Sam Neill, what a star! Who'd have thought he had a thing for gnomes? I love Wendy Cope - in fact I have that poem in a collection of hers, 'Serious Concerns'. Interesting fact: the cover features a drawing of Wendy's very own Roger Bear, who has been with her since childhood and features in some of her poems. (Interesting fact as in, interesting to Eddy. Possibly).

View attachment 56262

Another favourite of mine, from the same book:

A CHRISTMAS POEM
At Christmas little children sing and merry bells jingle,
The cold winter air makes our hands and faces tingle,
And happy families go to church and cheerily they mingle
And the whole business is unbelievably dreadful, if you're single.
I've never heard of her before! I think I like her! although I hate when people emphasize being single as an undesirable state to be in. I don't think children singing and happily families would be any more bearable if you were part of a couple--in fact, it might make all that worse.

i love that she has her bear on the front! that confirms it: ALL serious artistes have beloved bears! well the fact is interesting to ME. i dont know if it would be interesting to eddy. he doesnt really get along with other bears of the male sex. you can see that he and this roger bear are not really the same kind of bear (roger is clearly no chick magnet), and eddy probably wouldnt have much use for him. i like him though!

I've never heard of her before! I think I like her! although I hate when people emphasize being single as an undesirable state to be in. I don't think children singing and happily families would be any more bearable if you were part of a couple--in fact, it might make all that worse.

i love that she has her bear on the front! that confirms it: ALL serious artistes have beloved bears! well the fact is interesting to ME. i dont know if it would be interesting to eddy. he doesnt really get along with other bears of the male sex. you can see that he and this roger bear are not really the same kind of bear (roger is clearly no chick magnet), and eddy probably wouldnt have much use for him. i like him though!
I don't know, he's definitely got that 'been around the block a few times' look that Eddy has.

1588539109299.png

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom