What do you think of Octo-Lady?

I think she's absolutely vile. I really do. I've had two premature babies, it's horrible. She knew she was exposing them to all kinds of risks, and did it anyway. It was certain they would be born extremely premature. She had no right to put her children at risk like that.

I think she's absolutely vile. I really do. I've had two premature babies, it's horrible. She knew she was exposing them to all kinds of risks, and did it anyway. It was certain they would be born extremely premature. She had no right to put her children at risk like that.

They look so pitiful. :(

I had to sit through some interview she was on on tv last night.
It's very nice that she loves her children and that she believes life to be precious. That and a $5 will get her a cup of coffee.

I think she is dillusional.

I heard that $165 thousand number and I believe it was money she had. She isn't getting any government money (according to her) currently, except for food stamps.
She is spending her student loan money on family needs.

I think I am going crazy at times and I only have two children in diapers, and it's difficult enough when the youngest doesn't want to sleep at night.

Compare and contrast her with the Dugars or whatever their name is who have the 18 kids.
Even though they get mocked, they are self sufficient, unlike puffy lipped Octo.

edit (where'd she get time to make a website, and who cares for the litter when she is out doing interviews?)

I read somewhere that she gets $165K in government money.

Wasn't that the settlement she got from being injured at work years ago? I presumed that money went to her fertility treatments. I still can not even imagine having 14 kids and NO JOB!!!!

The babies do look weathered. Poor little things.

Compare and contrast her with the Dugars or whatever their name is who have the 18 kids.
Even though they get mocked, they are self sufficient, unlike puffy lipped Octo.

Seriously! The Duggers look like the picture of sanity compared to this lady. Their 18 children have come over the past 20 years or so. And with the older kids come helping hands so as their family grows, so does their ability to be self sufficient as a family unit. Never thought I would see some sense in the Dugger family :squiffy:

Why does everyone bitch about how much government money she gets? I'd rather have the government spend that money on children than on some of the bullshit that gets tacked onto spending bills.

It's not something I would do, but we have no right to criticize her choice. And odds are, they're going to be a very tightly-knit family; large families usually are.

i am not sure i should comment on this, i mean they are some here that might consider a person anti-kids because we think 14 kids is way too many for a person to have, especially given she already had 6 :cool:

Why does everyone bitch about how much government money she gets? I'd rather have the government spend that money on children than on some of the bullshit that gets tacked onto spending bills.

It's not something I would do, but we have no right to criticize her choice. And odds are, they're going to be a very tightly-knit family; large families usually are.

Does personal accountability never enter into it?
Why don't we have a right to criticize her?

It's one thing if she were supporting herself and had the children and then life dealt her a bad hand, but she didn't even have the opening ante to get in the game.

Does personal accountability never enter into it?
Why don't we have a right to criticize her?

Personal accountability? She hasn't done anything wrong. She hasn't proven herself unable to care for them.

We don't have the right to criticize her because we aren't in her shoes. Who are we to tell her how many kids is too many? My grandparents had 11. Was that too many? My brother has none. Is that too few? WTF?

It's one thing if she were supporting herself and had the children and then life dealt her a bad hand, but she didn't even have the opening ante to get in the game.

Game? Is the public support she's receiving taking money away from someone else who "deserves" it more? Hell, if I had 14 kids, I'd stab my eyes out, but if she wants that many, more power to her. She's got us all beat, evolutionarily speaking.

I hate to bring up the C word, Seeker, but isn't it rather unchristian to criticize this woman?

I hate to bring up the C word, Seeker, but isn't it rather unchristian to criticize this woman?

Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
2 Thessalonians 3:9-11

Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
2 Thessalonians 3:9-11

Wait, so we should abolish welfare of all kinds?

Ooh, guys! I hit quote + so many times I quit counting. There were too many, so I'm going it alone.

I do not agree with the Duggars' religious beliefs and their approach to gender roles, but I will argue to the last their right to practice those beliefs. They take excellent care of their children, they are well-fed, and the family is self-sufficient.

I cannot defend Nadya Suleman's right to birth a litter deliberately. The fact that she has no money of her own is only part of it. Of course she is unable to care for them. It would be physically impossible for one person to adequately care for eight infants at once. That doesn't even take into consideration the other six, who are still very young.

She cannot raise them herself. She was highly irresponsible to choose to deliver eight babies at once. She could well have been condemning them all to death, she had no reason to expect them to thrive. She'll be very lucky if they do.

I think the media is being really kind to her because she's very pretty. She'll make out very well, whether people are morally outraged or not. I know I am.

Personal accountability? She hasn't done anything wrong. She hasn't proven herself unable to care for them.

She has done something wrong and she has proven she is unable to care for them. Her mother cares for them.
The thing she did wrong is that she had eight more children when she couldn't support the six she had.
What if her mother tells her to hit the road? Who supports them then?
What if the government says, they are no longer going to give aid to any families, not just her.
She had the children knowing full well that others were going to support them.

If she were a 15 year old girl who had no livelihood and started squeezing out children, people would be all over her, criticizing her. If she were "black" and living in a housing project having a litter of kids, people would be criticizing her. Why does Octo gets a pass?

Tags
babies children media whore octopussy octuplets she's a cunt teenagers welfare
Back
Top Bottom