What does "Trumpshifters" mean?

It's just a case of not having anything more clever to say, I'm afraid. Better than You're the one for me, Trumpie.

"It's more or less spiritual shoplifting, cultural shoplifting, taking things and using them to your own advantage."
- Morrissey interviewed by Shaun Duggan in 1987

that's his explanation of 'Shoplifters', so I guess we could start from there.

"It's more or less spiritual shoplifting, cultural shoplifting, taking things and using them to your own advantage."
- Morrissey interviewed by Shaun Duggan in 1987

that's his explanation of 'Shoplifters', so I guess we could start from there.

That was a lie he told to placate Rough Trade, the BBC and Tyne Tees Television according to Autobiography. The song is actually about shoplifting. "Trumpshifters" is bad wordplay I'm afraid.

People who shifted Trump into office? I don't know or care really.

That was a lie he told to placate Rough Trade, the BBC and Tyne Tees Television according to Autobiography. The song is actually about shoplifting. "Trumpshifters" is bad wordplay I'm afraid.

wordplay? maybe. It's just that it has stuck, so I'm thinking it must have some meaning for him at least.

Was thinking that the 'trumpshifters' are those who have the power to shift him out of office. 'Trumpshifters of the world unite and take over' then again, probably not.

I thought it meant shifting Trump (getting him removed)

wordplay? maybe. It's just that it has stuck, so I'm thinking it must have some meaning for him at least.

Was thinking that the 'trumpshifters' are those who have the power to shift him out of office. 'Trumpshifters of the world unite and take over' then again, probably not.

That's it! Ding ding ding! You got it. I can't believe I didn't see that myself. Now that you have said it, it is so obvious that this is what he means. Very smart of you. Thank you. (I am being sincere in case there was any question, this being the internet and all.)

It means Donald Trump is a piece of shit, asshole, waste of carbon who deserves to get anal cancer, AIDS and ALS all at once. Glad I could help.

It means Donald Trump is a piece of shit, asshole, waste of carbon who deserves to get anal cancer, AIDS and ALS all at once. Glad I could help.
I would be thankful this thanksgiving if his turkey and stuffing were both dry, and he choked to death in dramatic fashion in front of a camera.

To 'trump' means 'to fart' in colloquial British speech. So it's a song about 'shifting' flavoured wind from one's rectal passage, possibly in the general direction of the current US President. That's my interpretation, anyhoo.

Reckon I can't take this anymore. You Brittish and other assorted foreigners don't stop and it is part of your culture to surrender and give up. Stop trying to make everything that Uncle Steve does sound Brittish or foreign when he is right now at the Beverly Center with Nancy and lil' Sammy at Starbucks drinking coffee and shopping for Black Friday deals. No he is not beeeeck in Chicago getting ready for the gig tomorrow.

It means the Democrats who went against their party and voted for Trump. Steve is already planning his Democratic party political career when he runs for Mayor of L.A. and then governor of California. Wake up.

Reckon I can't take this anymore. You Brittish and other assorted foreigners don't stop and it is part of your culture to surrender and give up. Stop trying to make everything that Uncle Steve does sound Brittish or foreign when he is right now at the Beverly Center with Nancy and lil' Sammy at Starbucks drinking coffee and shopping for Black Friday deals. No he is not beeeeck in Chicago getting ready for the gig tomorrow.

It means the Democrats who went against their party and voted for Trump. Steve is already planning his Democratic party political career when he runs for Mayor of L.A. and then governor of California. Wake up.

When did the British surrender? They did all the hard work in WWII, only for some clueless yanks to come over and try to steal all the glory.

You're right. You're the one for me Trumpie would be better.

Your Trumpenal

You're Gonna Need Trump on Your Side
Tremulous Trump
We'll Let You Trump
National Trump Disco
Certain People I Trump at
We Hate it When Trump Becomes Successful
You're the One for Me, Trumpie
Psychotic, but Still Trump
I Know Trump is Gonna Die Someday
Hopefully Tomorrow

Back