What ever happened to the Julia references?

I can confirm the rumours about her taking other fans seats. She tried it with me once, and she wasn’t even in my seat. She refused to stand up to let me get to my seat. I had to be very direct, and she eventually let our group of 4 through. Her friend, a Chinese/Japanese looking female, spoke for her. “Morrissey wants to be able to see her” she said, to which my response was “Well he should have given her a f***ing ticket up front then”.

About 5 minutes later the seat occupants turned up. They were a right pair of oddballs, but they saw her and her friend off quickly enough. They were arguing with each other when they arrived, and I think she decided this was too much of a challenge, even for her.

If she’s suddenly gone, then she has left as she arrived. I recall the pre Julia years. Then she just appeared and we all got to know about it.

She's in this video, which was at the Hollywood Bowl in November. She seems to push in front of another fan. Her 'banter' with morrissey does seem a bit forced from her, like she's taking that step over the 'fan' boundary into friend. However, note how she is on the wrong side of the barrier to be as close to Morrissey as she perhaps feels, or wants people to have the impression of.

To be fair, I’ve heard Morrissey refer to Julia as his friend. In Cambridge when he banned the fan for calling her a “c#nt” he defended her by saying something along the lines of “And who are you? Julia is my friend. Now Leave...”

This has nothing to do with her abhorrent behaviour, which many of us have personally witnessed.

IMO, what happened to Julia is that Morrissey sent her this statement for True-to-You and she either declined or hesitated, and that was that. Her last post on her website was the day before.

Is she the one who slapped hands with him at the end? I liked Morrissey's victory dance in the elevator. LOL.

"Will not trouble you." - :hearteyes:

She's in this video, which was at the Hollywood Bowl in November. She seems to push in front of another fan. Her 'banter' with morrissey does seem a bit forced from her, like she's taking that step over the 'fan' boundary into friend. However, note how she is on the wrong side of the barrier to be as close to Morrissey as she perhaps feels, or wants people to have the impression of.

IMO, what happened to Julia is that Morrissey sent her this statement for True-to-You and she either declined or hesitated, and that was that. Her last post on her website was the day before.

well, if you watch the video post #24 you can see that their exchange is a happy one, so I don't believe there was ever a bad falling out. Most likely only they know why there is no longer TTY.

Hi guys,

For many years, I knew Julia very, very well. I have seen her in many different places, and all different shades of light, dark and in between. So...

The person in the Morrissey LA video above is not her. Yes, it does look like her, but it is not. Julia is much thinner, shorter, and has a much more prominent hooked nose.

I, too, would like to know what happened to her. I have no idea myself, but I hope she's OK. Does anyone know? Is she really not going to any gigs anymore?

Rtime

Hi guys,

For many years, I knew Julia very, very well. I have seen her in many different places, and all different shades of light, dark and in between. So...

The person in the Morrissey LA video above is not her. Yes, it does look like her, but it is not. Julia is much thinner, shorter, and has a much more prominent hooked nose.

I, too, would like to know what happened to her. I have no idea myself, but I hope she's OK. Does anyone know? Is she really not going to any gigs anymore?

Rtime

This is Julia 5 years ago. I think it's her in the above video. Her overall manner and smile is the same. She just looks better and healthier which is a good thing. Maybe it's doing her good to no longer be at so many shows.

[video]

Hi guys,

Rtime

I cannot claim to know Julia any more than the few dozen shows I spoke with her at. However I would argue that it is her at that event and in that video. The reaction from Morrissey alone is quite telling.

MrShoes

I met her in the lift at the Crowne Plaza after the Birmingham gig in 15. She seemed very pleasant and was asking me about the places I had seen him over the years.

Hi guys,

Rtime

That IS Julia.

One of the regulars I spoke to in Leeds told she was on the 'banned' list - along with Hugh, Mike W. etc.?

That IS Julia.

Okay guys, at what min:sec is the best time to see her face fully? I ask this seriously, because maybe I'm just not seeing it or something, because what I see just does not look like her. Serious question and thanks.

Back
Top Bottom