What happened to true-to-you.net?

Oh my

Enough! or Too much
So, what happened to True-To-You???

It is obvious that Morrissey switched to facebook and twitter and does no longer use true-to-you as his "official way of communication". Something happened?

No that wasn't Julia. It was Steve's high powered Beverly Hills real estate agent joking around with him. I reckon she just burned through her trust fund stalking Uncle Steve all around the world and now Steve doesn't need her anymore because she has no money.

Likely we'll find out when the ghost leaves Morrissey's body. Morrissey strikes me as the kind of guy who would make anyone associated with him sign a non-disclosure agreement. Loose lips, y'know.

Had this been a swedish fan with a blog who all of a sudden stopped doing what she used to do the information as to why would have been online in no time. It seems the Moz community abroad isn't as tight as we might have believed.

I still claim that this had to do with the election of Trump.

I'm guessing BMG advised him it would be better to do it their way, and for a change, M decided to play ball. Could be wrong though.

I'm guessing BMG advised him it would be better to do it their way, and for a change, M decided to play ball. Could be wrong though.

It's obvious that nobody knows, but from all the possible theories, this one seems to make sense.
Probably BMG has someone in charge of the internet communications & social networks of their artists and when Morrissey said that true-to-you was his "almost official" page, then person probably laughed.

Likely we'll find out when the ghost leaves Morrissey's body. Morrissey strikes me as the kind of guy who would make anyone associated with him sign a non-disclosure agreement. Loose lips, y'know.

I prefer the theory of Ketamine Sun... It is likely that BMG has some people in charge of the internet promotion and this team saw that "true-to-you" was very far from meeting some quality standards.

It's obvious that nobody knows, but from all the possible theories, this one seems to make sense.
Probably BMG has someone in charge of the internet communications & social networks of their artists and when Morrissey said that true-to-you was his "almost official" page, then person probably laughed.

Sounds about right. I wouldn't mind Morrissey setting up an official site separate from FB, but then again, who's going to maintain it as no one really seems to stick around longterm?

Sounds about right. I wouldn't mind Morrissey setting up an official site separate from FB, but then again, who's going to maintain it as no one really seems to stick around longterm?

It is very easy to hire a webmaster and you don't really need to have a "special relationship" with the webmaster.
Here's the web of some bands that don't look outstanding and were probably done by an average webmaster:
https://neubauten.org/
http://acidmothers.com/
http://coldcave.net/site/
http://www.suncitygirls.com/

None of them is a jaw dropping web, they are all identical: some photos here and there, a few mp3 to download, maybe a few videos, a short biography of the band, a section with Tour Dates and an online shop. Designing a web like those ones may cost less than the jacket that became more controversial than Kevin Spacey.

I know someone who could do all that.
And already sticks around long term.
His name begins with D.

Have you been asked yet, David?
I mean businesses is business :)

I know someone who could do all that.
And already sticks around long term.
His name begins with D.

Have you been asked yet, David?
I mean businesses is business :)

Ha, good point! Hell, I'd do it - I'm a website guy by trade. All I ask is tickets and backstage passes when he's in town.

Ha, good point! Hell, I'd do it - I'm a website guy by trade. All I ask is tickets and backstage passes when he's in town.

You should not say that SuedeMoz!
You should sell yourself better than that!

As I am guessing Moz has a very simple taste and only wants the best and believes good quality has it’s price and he is willing to pay that price but you got to convince him and imprrress him!

You are doing yourself no favour by “appearing” cheap.

But nevertheless, good luck with that!:thumb:

Unless a bands doing something special with there page there’s no reason to not just use Facebook as it’s more likely to get seen and stumbled upon that way

Back
Top Bottom