What is all this hostility to Morrissey Solo about?

Peterb

I'm relatively new to Morrissey-Solo and I keep noticing a lot of hostility to Morrissey-Solo and to individuals on various threads.
Does anyone out there know what this is all about?

I'm relatively new to Morrissey-Solo and I keep noticing a lot of hostility to Morrissey-Solo and to individuals on various threads.
Does anyone out there know what this is all about?

How much time have you got?

Morrissey-solo.com reflects the realities of the Internet more than it does the realities of a Morrissey fan club. Irksome for some.
Hey Worm, well quite and this is what I like about the site and a lot of the posters. When I started the thread about Morrissey and his musical rut soon after I joined I fully expected howls of anguished and offended Moz fans. Oh Contraire! No lynch mobs at my door at all.The discussion was informed and entertaining and, sadly, left me behind.

Once upon a time there was a guy named Morrissey who was in a band called The Smiths. He died in 1997 and was replaced by a hollow shell who is fueled solely by bitterness, blind adoration, cash, and chart positions. The Shell, knowing it could never reach the quality levels of it's predecessor, lacks any form of confidence whatsoever, so it surrounds itself with 'Yes Men', Latinos, and plodding guitarists who give him some of the worst songs of his career in exchange for a paycheck and rubbing his tummy nightly before bed and telling him "everything is going to be alright, your new album IS your strongest!" The Shell feels he should never have anything negative said about him by either his fans, the press, or his peers. When certain negative aspects about him are brought to light, he threatens with his legal team. When rational fans voice how horrible his recent output is, he makes vulgar t-shirts condemning the entire site they are on. And when that doesn't please him enough, he bans the owner of said site who supported him through the darkest point of his career.

The reason there is SO much hostility is that Morrissey has two different types of fans - those who are sane and rational and just like the music, and those who are sycophants that love everything he does, attack those who don't, and dream of him putting his genitals either on or inside them...whatever he feels most comfortable with.

That is the story of Morrissey-Solo in a nutshell.

Once upon a time there was a guy named Morrissey who was in a band called The Smiths. He died in 1997 and was replaced by a hollow shell who is fueled solely by bitterness, blind adoration, cash, and chart positions. The Shell, knowing it could never reach the quality levels of it's predecessor, lacks any form of confidence whatsoever, so it surrounds itself with 'Yes Men', Latinos, and plodding guitarists who give him some of the worst songs of his career in exchange for a paycheck and rubbing his tummy nightly before bed and telling him "everything is going to be alright, your new album IS your strongest!" The Shell feels he should never have anything negative said about him by either his fans, the press, or his peers. When certain negative aspects about him are brought to light, he threatens with his legal team. When rational fans voice how horrible his recent output is, he makes vulgar t-shirts condemning the entire site they are on. And when that doesn't please him enough, he bans the owner of said site who supported him through the darkest point of his career.

The reason there is SO much hostility is that Morrissey has two different types of fans - those who are sane and rational and just like the music, and those who are sycophants that love everything he does, attack those who don't, and dream of him putting his genitals either on or inside them...whatever he feels most comfortable with.

Nicely put Vivahate. I would imagine thats it in a nutshell.

Then you have the ex fans who ridicule current fans, as Morrissey is no longer in the Smiths and they cant get their heads roound the fact that J. Marr (God that he is) doesnt play with him anymore.
Instead of forming another site, which deals with Smiths and solo Morrissey, pre 1991, they bitch constantly and become utter bores, and hide behind the fact that they are only 'expressing' their opinions.
If they dont like the current songs/band members/tour venues/officialvideos/the lyrics/the live performances etc etc etc, then do one, and give us some peace.
There ive said it, nuff said, im off to the pub, where incidentally, most of the people in there think he is a tosser, i usually find £1.00 invested in the juke box bout 10.30pm turns me into public enemy no. 1, and i know how morrissey feels, but i dont care.:guitar::guitar:

Clever and funny! And true.

It's all homophobia.

'you can run an tell dat homeboy!!'

It's all homophobia.

not really, its more like haters who cant move on with their lives.

i will continue to read and rarely post in this site. suck my arsenal.

Last edited:
morrissey-punches.gif

tumblr_lqvexmfB5X1r1bkx5o1_500.gif

What does the envelope with brown cross over it mean? Has this thread been closed? Has the moderator objected to the subject?

Oh Wow...

No Comment

-BattleRocks-

Back
Top Bottom