• 2006- Tour of the Tormentors

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • None, he sucks in concert!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
Hello all.

My vote goes to the Kill Uncle tour. The bootlegs from that tour sound awesome, and I wish he still occasionally dipped back into his archives and played "Sing Your Life" or "King Leer" just one more time!

Hello all.

My vote goes to the Kill Uncle tour. The bootlegs from that tour sound awesome, and I wish he still occasionally dipped back into his archives and played "Sing Your Life" or "King Leer" just one more time!

The Gong tour was memorable for so many reasons. He was back, had new songs, and the crowd were so, so hungry. Fantastic.

Peter

P.S By the Gong tour, I mean the "Unnamed Tour" listed above

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd even go one further and say the second leg of the "Kill Uncle" American tour. The tour he did in 1999 was great, too, because without any new music it was just him roaming around playing for hardcore fans. Using "My Way" as his outro had some extra punch when he didn't have a record label.

2002 unnamed tour. "Kill Uncle" is a great one too but I prefer his "desperacy" during this tour. Plus it had a better coverage.

As someone far far too young to have been to any of the Kill Uncle gigs can anyone explain why everyone say's they're considered so great?

Bad songs off the album and the bad were shockingly bad based on the Dallas DVD and all the bootlegs I've got.

Was it just that it was Morrissey right there on stage after he hadn't done any gigs for three years and any tours in five?

Oh, I voted Boxers. But of the three tours I've seen I'd have picked this last one.

I liked Your Arsenal the best. Any tour where he sings Certain People I Know, National Front Disco, Girl Least Likely To is a great tour.

Maladjusted was the worst, because the shows were so short. 60 minutes just doesn't cut it.

Have to agree with Uncleskinny here.
At the risk of sounding like an "i liked him when nobody did" arsehole, the '02 tour felt like he was playing just for the faithful. I'll never forget the frisson when i heard "first of the gang" for the first time, it was like a thunderbolt. And "I like You" was absolutely astounding on that tour, much quicker and much more exciting. And then the stage presence was just wonderful. An artist of this calibre just singing for the love and joy of singing and what he was getting back from the audience who had stuck with him through thick and thin.
I liked him when nobody else did.;)

As someone far far too young to have been to any of the Kill Uncle gigs can anyone explain why everyone say's they're considered so great?

Bad songs off the album and the bad were shockingly bad based on the Dallas DVD and all the bootlegs I've got.

Was it just that it was Morrissey right there on stage after he hadn't done any gigs for three years and any tours in five?

I'm also far far too young but I think he sounded very energetic and really made the songs from the album come alive.

And truthfully, i dont think that the songs on Kill Uncle aren't nearly as bad as the production is. It completely destroys an otherwise good album.

Have to agree with Uncleskinny here.
At the risk of sounding like an "i liked him when nobody did" arsehole, the '02 tour felt like he was playing just for the faithful. I'll never forget the frisson when i heard "first of the gang" for the first time, it was like a thunderbolt. And "I like You" was absolutely astounding on that tour, much quicker and much more exciting. And then the stage presence was just wonderful. An artist of this calibre just singing for the love and joy of singing and what he was getting back from the audience who had stuck with him through thick and thin.
I liked him when nobody else did.;)

everyone has liked morrissey since day one.. dont try and sound so significant

Oh, I voted Boxers. But of the three tours I've seen I'd have picked this last one.

I tell you why, I'll tell you whhhhhhhyyyy. Being as I became a Moz fan right after the split of the Smiths and the Wolverhampton gig, and listening to the songs....... I mean, to finally have a "proper" tour announced and it was to be his first time solo in the states. The expirience of lining up at Music + ditching school to make sure we got ANY tickets and meeting fans was the best, not sitting behind a computer buying tickets as we do now getting to the show and seeing an arena full of OTHER Smiths/Moz fans was orgasmic (there was no internet to see how many fans there really were in '91, you knew they were out there but, you didnt know the magnitude untill you arrived to a sold out gig) Seeing the ligths go down and Harvey K, Edith S. staring back at the crowd was stunning. Seeing The Lads, as they were referred to then, exploding on stage like comets, Morrissey reaching out to the fans in the front, (the actuall gigs are somewhat of a blur, to emotional) I was young then, Morrissey powerful presence giving me the balls to jump down a 8foot or higher, bleacher stand at the UCLA gig in '91 ( I was originally 4rows from being the last row in the venue and made my way to the pit).
Kill Uncle.....nice, very nice.....You really had to have been there.

I'm also far far too young but I think he sounded very energetic and really made the songs from the album come alive.

And truthfully, i dont think that the songs on Kill Uncle aren't nearly as bad as the production is. It completely destroys an otherwise good album.

He indeed was very energetic and indeed did make the songs from the album come alive. The production really does ruin the album. The only song on their that I'm satisfied with the production on is Sing Your Life, and possibly The End of the Family Line. The former combines all the quirkiness and unusual flairs of Kill Uncle and turns it into a very good thing, and Family Line works with the other songs but I don't think it is really trapped in that era. It feels like a song that can roam free from the bondage songs like Sing Your Life are in, if that doesn't sound too freaky.

I think a slightly harder sound that isn't really rough or aggressive though (it actually would've been an excellent and definable progression from the sound of the Bona Drag era, especially the later singles, to Your Arsenal) with a slightly unusual kick in there but no real quirkiness was what was called for. In fact while we're at it the lyrics could've used a little bit of a re-writing, in a more solid, graceful manner. Overall it still wouldn't turn out as fantastic as Vauxhall or Your Arsenal or Viva Hate, but it would've been a lot better.

Family Line works with the other songs but I don't think it is really trapped in that era. It feels like a song that can roam free from the bondage songs like Sing Your Life are in, if that doesn't sound too freaky.

Do you work in music journalism per chance???

Best tour was OH ALL OF THEM. Nah 99 and 2002 were something special... no record deal, no publicity (unlike since the 2004 comeback special!) and a fantastic, wide-ranging setlist.
Look at me, these are some of the songs I've done (I always rememebr the comment that went along the lines Bacharach and David would have sh*t to have made that song)

I think the 06 tour would have been up there too if he had done the arena set in some of those little venues. But 2006 did see my favourite ever Morrissey gig.

I voted for the unnamed tour as well.

Though it should be known as the 'Viva Hate Tour' seeing as though there was so much material from the album and there wasn't a tour when it was released :p

I voted for the 2006 tour as it was the only time, ever i had experienced him performing live on stage but with me being obsessed with him and everything he does, i would have voted for all of them if i had seen them, just seeing him live was enough for me. My partner in crime who introduced me to the world of Morrissey said to me that once i had seen him in the flesh i would be bitten by the bug, and i fully agree with him :D

I voted 1991 Kill Uncle tour but really i cant remember any of it

Was very very drunk

Back
Top Bottom