What is your favourite topic about Morrissey?

what is your favourite topic about Morrissey?

• Total voters

Kewpie

Subscriber
Since the tour ended, we've almost run out of discussion topics about Morrissey.

Feel free to add your thoughts.

Last edited:
I like finding out stupid details. Like what cookies he likes or his favorite shampoo. :o

I like to know who he is suing, who's suing him, who is he threatening to sue, and want to know why he hasn't covered A Boy Named Sue.

Oh yeah. I'd like to see that.

By the way, has he ever mentioned her at all? I always wondered what he thinks about Kate Bush, since he likes Kristeen so much.

In the Robert Mackie letters (1980/81) he said her voice was "such trash!". I've never believed him for a second...:D

In the Robert Mackie letters (1980/81) he said her voice was "such trash!". I've never believed him for a second...:D

Oh damn. I don't think I believe him either. Just like when he said he didn't like the Ramones (in the late 70's?) and now he does.

And he never mentioned her after that?

how can anyone possibly run out of topics of discussion when it concerns the Smiths or His Mozness?

Oh damn. I don't think I believe him either. Just like when he said he didn't like the Ramones (in the late 70's?) and now he does.

And he never mentioned her after that?

I haven't heard anything about him mentioning her after that, no. It was well before "Hounds of Love" came out though, so he may well have changed his opinion. He was a nobody when the letters were written, so I think he may just have been envious of Kate's success.

OMG!! :D I LERRRV ME some Maury!!!!

I learned Spanish just to watch Cristina back in the day! She's coming back with a vengeance!

Fierce!! ROAR :D :D LOL!!!

I will feel the same way about daytime TV when Jerry Springer and Maury are gone.
Hey Flax, in that picture below, is that Mary, the virgin mother of Christ? And is that a spliff she holds in her holy hands? And tell me, would the mother of christ have decent weed?

Hey Flax, in that picture below, is that Mary, the virgin mother of Christ? And is that a spliff she holds in her holy hands? And tell me, would the mother of christ have decent weed?

That's her, moments after coming back from Walgreens with her pregnancy test kit and thinking "holy hell! WTF am I'm gonna tell Joseph???"

I haven't heard anything about him mentioning her after that, no. It was well before "Hounds of Love" came out though, so he may well have changed his opinion. He was a nobody when the letters were written, so I think he may just have been envious of Kate's success.

Kate Bush is absolutely flipping awful. The worst singing voice of all time. Morrissey was absolutely right about her.
I've seen some of her TV appearences recently and they are just horrible. But she's one of a depressingly large number of bands/acts who no-one is allowed to criticise - if they dare to, it must be because they have their own agenda e.g. jealousy of their success!
Other people in this category include Radiohead, The Elbow, The White Stripes, Polly J Harvey and many, many more. Emperors without clothes, the lot of them.

Kate Bush is absolutely flipping awful. The worst singing voice of all time. Morrissey was absolutely right about her.
I've seen some of her TV appearences recently and they are just horrible. But she's one of a depressingly large number of bands/acts who no-one is allowed to criticise - if they dare to, it must be because they have their own agenda e.g. jealousy of their success!
Other people in this category include Radiohead, The Elbow, The White Stripes, Polly J Harvey and many, many more. Emperors without clothes, the lot of them.

I love Kate to pieces (the title track of The Kick Inside is a masterpiece), but I'm not going to open that debate because it's not really relevant. The confusion arises because Morrissey said he hated Kate Bush, yet he loves Kristeen Young - who is basically a diluted copy of her! It doesn't make sense :cool:.

I'd take Kate Bush any day over Kristeen's painful yelping and screeching. Listening to her for a matter of seconds makes me feel murderous.

I like finding out stupid details. Like what cookies he likes or his favorite shampoo. :o

Me too! I was just thinking I like finding out the little, (but not really gossipy) details about him. Although that is interesting too.;)

Me too! I was just thinking I like finding out the little, (but not really gossipy) details about him. Although that is interesting too.;)

I kind of got stupid excited when it was confirmed he prefers sandalwood incense. And when he wore that Archie Griffin tshirt in front of the taco truck I got excited that he'd wear a Heismann trophy winner AND associate himself with a a very downhome element of Los Angeles culture all at the same time. I melted a little bit. :o So AmAIRRRRRRRican. LOVE IT!

I love Kate to pieces (the title track of The Kick Inside is a masterpiece), but I'm not going to open that debate because it's not really relevant. The confusion arises because Morrissey said he hated Kate Bush, yet he loves Kristeen Young - who is basically a diluted copy of her! It doesn't make sense :cool:.

I'd take Kate Bush any day over Kristeen's painful yelping and screeching. Listening to her for a matter of seconds makes me feel murderous.

I love Kate Bush also.
As for Kristeen, if all you've seen of her is when she opens for Morrissey, you might change your mind after you listen to this album:

shoes.jpg

My guess is you're probably not gonna do it, but I'd be curious to know what you think of it since you like Kate Bush.

Back
Top Bottom