what made you frown today?

How did your friends get refunds? I emailed ticketmaster and they said no refunds were being given at this time. Were your friends from out of town? I’m also in Vancouver.
Only one is a friend. I'm seeing her today and will ask her. The other person is someone who commented on the Morrissey Official Facebook page that he got a refund.

How did your friends get refunds? I emailed ticketmaster and they said no refunds were being given at this time. Were your friends from out of town? I’m also in Vancouver.
The friend is from out of town yes.

what a drag to drive all that way! sorry you didn't get to see him! that's mostly what I did too--walked around, got a feel for the place. the best food I ate was when me and light housework went to whole foods and got the vegetable buffet thingy (whatever they call it). everything was so good, the mushrooms, asparagus, artichoke hearts, beets. totally recommend it! are you in town much longer? I leave tomorrow. pity, we should've all gotten together and bitched about Morrissey, that cad. youre lucky you have a quiet hotel room. as always im putting up with a lot of noise. some idiot girl giggling in the hallway and people slamming doors (why do people do that? how low a level of consciousness do these people go around with? it's frightening).
I'm glad you had a nice time anyway with Light Housework. Whole Foods sounds yummy! It would have been fun to meet up for a little therapeutic bitching, but we sort of got to do some of that on here, so thank you (and Light Housework). I'm sorry noise and annoying people seem to follow you around - for me it's always rodents and various insects. Hopefully, you will get to leave all of that behind soon! I'm starting for home today too. Hope you have a safe trip home, Rifke!

Actually I'll ask her now. Hey @rifke how did you get the refund?
on the 'my account' section on the ticketmaster website. sign in, then click on the ticket you want to refund and there should be a refund option on that page.

I'm glad you had a nice time anyway with Light Housework. Whole Foods sounds yummy! It would have been fun to meet up for a little therapeutic bitching, but we sort of got to do some of that on here, so thank you (and Light Housework). I'm sorry noise and annoying people seem to follow you around - for me it's always rodents and various insects. Hopefully, you will get to leave all of that behind soon! I'm starting for home today too. Hope you have a safe trip home, Rifke!
uhhhh…. suddenly im feeling lucky that its just noise and annoying people that follow me around... :paranoid:

never had ANY issues with rodents or insects (except silverfish, but all old houses around here have silverfish-- I think?)

anyway, hope you enjoyed your time here! thanks for coming to our boring country!!

Thank you, Rifke. Is it a full refund or do you lose any of the service fees?

on the 'my account' section on the ticketmaster website. sign in, then click on the ticket you want to refund and there should be a refund option on that page.

The shops around here were packed with people and mostly OAP's and I've never seen anything like it. Seems everyone decided to go Easter shopping on a Tuesday.

I find it amusing seeing old people trying to pay with physical money and some struggling with the bank cards and soldiering on. Can't help but feel for them and if unlucky I am one myself one day.

Surely they invented disease so that some die off before they turn into that?

I stood there feeling like a director of a movie and turned them all to zombies in my head to kill some time.

If you were a local here, you would realize it's about $500,000 for 350 square feet of space! Much smarter to rent.

Are you not at all able to buy a home?

You work so you should be able to afford the down payment and be able to get a mortgage.

If you were a local here, you would realize it's about $500,000 for 350 square feet of space! Much smarter to rent.
It's one thing to be stuck in an area that is expensive but of course you can relocate and buy a home which will make you pay less a month than you pay for rent. Plus the best way to save money for the future is to invest in owning your home.

My dad bought a home for nothing and now it was worth loads and he never really spent any kind of money on the home over the years.

You also get the freedom of changing the home almost in any way you like. Renting a home is like throwing money into the sea.

Did you make it home safe, Rifke?
unfortunately :(

I think I've arrived at a decision about what I should do! (re: London)
im going to stay an extra month and leave July 5th rather than June 5th. BUT! im going to quit my job on June 4th, the same as I would've done if I were leaving on June 5th (or maybe june 10th, just to cover the extra month of rent ill have to pay). and then ill have that extra month to do all the things I want to do: read, write, watch movies, fast (since it's hard and inadvisable to fast when you have to work and be on your feet all day). since ill be quitting my job there isn't anything the credit card company can do to me that they couldn't do to me in London (unless they get an order to seize funds from my bank account, but ill have prepared for that by either moving the fund in my bank account to my new credit card account (where i don't think they can touch them) or by removing the money from my bank account as soon as it's deposited and then buying pounds from my bank in advance with the cash).

what do you think, tat?!

of course if I want to change my flight tickets i'll lose about $300 but that's okay.

also, does anyone know how long after they get a notice from a debt collector before the debt collector sues? it's a while right. like they harass you first right? and then, even if they decide to take legal action its still going to be a while before they set it up, right? ill have like 2 or 3 months right?

Back
Top Bottom