Poll What should Morrissey do next?

What should Morrissey do next?

• Drop Morrissey Central

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Give an honest interview

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Apologize for supporting For Britain

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Record and release an album. Forget BMG and get on with it.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I love the s,M

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
He said that everyone prefers their own race. To many, that is close to a definition of racism. He's never been a Conservative. He once sang a song about a Conservative leader (Margaret on the Guillotine), and he also sang a song criticising so-called shy Conservatives (Glamourous Glue).
it's a scientifically proved fact. using this statement as proof for racism is ridiculous.

Connect with his fans through this pandemic. There are lots of things going on with artists originally from Manchester, Liam Gallagher did his Down by the river gig, which was really innovative, New Order released a new single called Be A Rebel, James are recording a new album and have released snippets of it, there are lots of things he could be doing if he really wanted to.
But he won’t.... he has his ways of doing things...
I’ve heard he’s working on list of the lost, part two......
revenge of the bulbuls salutations 😭

Of course people prefer their own race....by definition, read the words rather than what you’re hoping they mean.

Drop the music for a while and start work on volume 2 of the Autobio.

LOTL It has its faults, but I wouldn’t mind if he gave another work of fiction a shot. Though he could most likely be working, has been working on new songs, he doesn’t need to see the band to do this in the beginning stages.

LOTL It has its faults, but I wouldn’t mind if he gave another work of fiction a shot. Though he could most likely be working, has been working on new songs, he doesn’t need to see the band to do this in the beginning stages.
LOTL was so appalling that I'm hugely wary of M writing fiction. Maybe some essays or short stories or something but nothing similar to LOTL.

LOTL was so appalling that I'm hugely wary of M writing fiction. Maybe some essays or short stories or something but nothing similar to LOTL.
Amy... list of the lost had a decent plot, take away the meat industry, Thatcher, Royalty out of that plot , then there was ... was something reasonably readable.....
He just got carried away with his usual ramblings.....
Let’s remember a 1970s relay team killing a tramp, then being haunted to death.... Quite a good plot really, but he blew it..... big style...
But don’t give up ...
He’s got more to offer I think.

I wouldn’t call it ‘so appalling’ but rather it was ....strange to a fault, to say the least. It did have its moments though.

So, I didn’t mean something similar to LOTL. But another work of fiction that would be, could be better than his first.
I liked it a lot. Never read the autobio, but thoroughly enjoyed LOTL.

The last three albums had a heavy production (I think the derogative is "overproduced", but I like how they sound).
However, I would like a new album with a collection of hits, "Suedehead", "Everyday is like Sunday", "Interesting Drug", "Tomorrow", "Speedway", etc... BUT just Morrissey and two acoustic guitars.... and I don't mean down-tempo versions sounding like a bossanova, but maybe even a bit faster than the originals.

Somehow like a "greatest hits", but acoustic. No pianos, no Green Day singers... quite minimalistic and raw at the same time. Mostly an album in which his voice shines.

I know, most albums nowadays are somehow like the prelude of a tour. I doubt there will be a tour in the near future (Covid is not going away as fast as we expected)... so it's a good moment to record something that may not need a tour.

OK... that's the first thing. The second one would be hiring me as his manager, because I know exactly what he has to do.

Release an album of unreleased rarities. God knows there are tons of them from various eras.

Amy... list of the lost had a decent plot, take away the meat industry, Thatcher, Royalty out of that plot , then there was ... was something reasonably readable.....
He just got carried away with his usual ramblings.....
Let’s remember a 1970s relay team killing a tramp, then being haunted to death.... Quite a good plot really, but he blew it..... big style...
But don’t give up ...
He’s got more to offer I think.
It was an unedited cringeworthy mess - which was really surprising because Autobio was excellent.

I liked it a lot. Never read the autobio, but thoroughly enjoyed LOTL.
Autobio is fantastic, well worth checking out.

Fair point but I think the phrase 'tend to stick with their own communities' is probably fine with most people (it's nuanced, there's an element of doubt, and communities can include people of different ethnic backgrounds).
But 'prefer their own race' probably isn't.
Go to Malaga in Spain and you will find large English (mainly and annoyingly Cockneys) communities drinking British beer and eating from fish and chip shops all harking on about too many foreigners in England (without any hint of irony) for them to move back.
They dont speak Spanish and hang out with their own kind

I'd like an Orchestral album, of original songs with big ballads etc and great vocals ,maybe in the style of Come Back To Camden,Blue Dreamer's Eyes,

My advice would be a sex change. Shake things up a bit, you know?

He can't record and release an album - he hasn't got a record deal.

Back
Top Bottom