What song are you listening to right now?

Neat never heard of japcore before. At first I thougbt he song would be something else with the sorta smells like teen spirit boxcar sounding intro but he. It got to the hardcore part. I was listening to the saetia song and in the comments someone mentioned jazzcore which I'm not very aware of and so just googled it. I do think I was vaguely aware of naked city, had maybe come across it randomly before now perhaps, but they were the first band hat came up when I googled he term and I thought the song pretty interesting

Love a bit of noise. Been in a couple of noise bands. I'm too old for it now. Here's a young local band - Famine - keeping it old-style

A man in England saying he is too old for something is just wrong but I know what you mean as I feel the same about a number of things these days.

Sometimes music can surprise you and drag you in even though you normally listen to other types of music and a big variation is always nice.

"his [coy's] influences, according to rock critics who'd noticed, included earl bostic, stan getz, and legendary new orleans studio tenor lee allen." (inherent vice, p. 37)

"inside the surf-sax category," hope shrugged, "coy passed for a towering figure, because he actually improvised once in a while" (s.a.)

Stan Getz no love?

Just a sniff of the live performance by legendary swedish rocker Rock Ragge who died not long after this gig. I was sat at the back eating with dad during this gig at this venue which is a jazz museum that arrange concerts at summer.

Just look at those old ladies rock with inflatable guitars. I was easily the youngest in the crowd and felt right at home as I love the old folks.

Just a sniff of the live performance by legendary swedish rocker Rock Ragge who died not long after this gig. I was sat at the back eating with dad during this gig at this venue which is a jazz museum that arrange concerts at summer.

Just look at those old ladies rock with inflatable guitars. I was easily the youngest in the crowd and felt right at home as I love the old folks.
Forgot the video:

well, yeah, he is kinda interrogatin new people every new chapter, but id say this is the structure of a traditional detective story so far, an easy surf read. and shame on you, spellin wolfmann with only one "n", you probably remember that he is proud of his jewish-german roots and likes to surround himself with members of the aryan brotherhood. ive read the scene today when doc discovers his collection of ties...

But my poor spellin and haphazard grammar are my thing. I'll have to take your word on following the detective based genre as I dont read many of any outside of Sherlock or the Maltese falcon kinda stuff. Yeah that far in it or still following up on the original "mystery" but I found by the middle that he sorta drops the wolfmann, just for you, plot line and the new characters keep coming and get more involved. Didn't you say you'd read it In German. If so I guess you already know what happens but I found it started new plot lines and kinda forgets about the first ones after a while until it's ready to tie it up. Initially I was afraid it would come together and just insinuate and leave the plot an unresolved impression of perspective

yeah, yeah, be it your thing then. here, thats 4u:
'what can you tell me about mickey wolfmann?'' if she took even a second to breathe, doc didnt notice. 'westside hochdeutsch mafia, biggest of the big, construction, savings and loans, untaxed billions stashed under the alp someplace, technically jewish but wants to be a nazi, becomes exercised often to the point of violence at those who forget to spell his name with two 'n's. whats he to you?' (p.7)

his forgetting the latest plot development kinda underlines the topic of docs drug-related loss of memory, i kinda guess, if ya know what i mean. so far, they all fit in nicely with and addin up to each other like the waves at the beach on a quiet day, the tsunami always present in one's imagination

im kinda surprised by the use of "hochdeutsch" here. usually it only means "standard german" language in contrast to all the dialects we have. so if there is a hochdeutsch mafia, there could also be a bavarian one, or a swabian, a saxon one, a low german, well, you get my point, i hope

now, there is a song related riddle i cant make sense of:

"wow, well never trust a flatland chick, man, prime directive of life at the beach, all weve been to each other too, hey if thats the way it must be, okay, as roy orbison always sez," holding out his wrists dramatically, "lets git it over with --"

there are some hardcore roy orbison fans around here, if i remember correctly, maybe they can help...?

I know nothing about the German language so I don't know if it's a reference to anything specific or if he just means he general German mob. I do find it kinda funny there's a part in the book about forgetting the n at he end of his name. Honestly I was only sixty percent confident I was even remembering his name correctly or if it was something similar. Though wolfmann and his quest to look for him remains in the background by the time he looks for coy at the band house after meeting his widow starts researching the golden fang and the schooner rediscovers coy at the mental hospital and finds out about real coy travels to the golden fangs head quarters to the building site to vegas after the loan shark to the cop conspiracy plus all of he other people he meets and discovers in between etc it just gets very muddled with stories that are only maybe connected and so convoluted that it all starts to just seems so comically improbable if hey are indeed really connected and separate from the initial prompt of finding wolfmann as a favor for his lost love. By the middle of the novel, after new characters who at first seem to have little to do with he main plot but then do and from the way one thing leads to another story tangent to another sorta connected plot tangent and so on I thought in the back of mind that it was possible the book would just end as a string of maybes and loose threads you could maybe see a connected story in if you were really high and paranoid. It was a paranoid time which I think is kinda reflected most in coys story and I think the plots overly complicated web also reflects that in an amusing sorta way. Like a story you'd tell to other stoners while you were smoking a fatty that you heard from other stoners. Like I said though I was happy it did come together however improbable. As to the Orbison reference I've no idea. I like his music but am not that hardcore I guess

Sweden's Miss Li was finally fed up being this indie girl banging a piano while wearing weird hats and has now transformed into a radio hit wonder. A perfect song for a car ride and this song tells me she might just sing an entry in next years swedish song contest and try to qualify for the Eurovision.

I had no idea that Laleh had performed live on American Idol with Adam Lambert. I saw that girl perform at a festival in Stockholm in a tent in 2003 or 2004 as a complete unknown and since then she has had an amazing career in Sweden and abroad as well.

This is her tribute to the victims of the Utöya massacre:

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom