What store/shop do you despise but by necessity need to patronize?

The Seeker of Good Songs

For me it is K-Mart. I think they have the most incompetent staff...there is always some "cock-up" at the checkout, or staff who have no clue as to where merchandise is within the store.

One instance: at the checkout was a sign saying something to the order of if an items cash register price does not match the marked price the item will be discounted or free...something like that.
Well one time, there was a mismatch for the item I was purchasing. I pointed out the sign, and the clerk says to me "Oh, you want that?"

I then had to stand in line and hold up the line for quite a few minutes while the clerk called the manager and blah blah blah.

Argos. I worked as a manager in retail for three years, and it never ceases to amaze me how rude, unpleasent and totally incompetent there staff are. I didn't realise I was being so unreasonable, wanting to buy something from their shop to pay their wages, how inconsiderate of me.

I'm going to have to go with the popular whipping boy of WalMart. Usually I can avoid going there, but on occasion there is nowhere else in town that has what I need.

I don't care for the way the store is organized, what is stocked (too often cheap quality crap) or the type of people who tend to crowd the place (I must sound like a snob). The fact that I also had a bad experience there once with an ooky guy talking to me/hitting on me in the checkout line and then following me to my car.... *shudder*

Plus the company purposefully built their store just outside the city limits so they could avoid paying higher taxes. Not fair to the direct competition who had been long established in town.

I'm going to have to go with the popular whipping boy of WalMart. Usually I can avoid going there, but on occasion there is nowhere else in town that has what I need.

I don't care for the way the store is organized, what is stocked (too often cheap quality crap) or the type of people who tend to crowd the place (I must sound like a snob). The fact that I also had a bad experience there once with an ooky guy talking to me/hitting on me in the checkout line and then following me to my car.... *shudder*

I would agree with you.

I wouldn't say that I go so far as to despise them...it's more a feeling of dislike, mixed with annoyance.

But, anyway, I attend college in Roanoke, Virginia, and the only music stores that I can get to (except for a small, independent shop that sells vinyl records) are Best Buy and fye. So, I'm usually out of luck when I want to buy music, unless I'm buying a new release (I bought "Ringleader of the Tormentors" at Best Buy, for example) or something that's wildly popular.

I usually prefer to shop in record stores that have a greater range of choices, such as Tower Records.

Well at a nudge, it'd have to be the likes of Centra, Lidl, Tesco and the like.
The whole chain shop , in my experience, notion is awfully unerving, four hundred shops nationwide that are each indentical, Staff et al but sadly cheap food and wine weakens me.

Hello by the way.

Argos.
it never ceases to amaze me how rude, unpleasent and totally incompetent there staff are.

:) i was recently forced to buy stuff from argos- what really annoyed me is that when youve payed and go over to the conveyor belt thing at the back to pick up your purchase, they guys who are behind the counter thing are THROWING the packages around, dropping them everywhere and SLING them onto the counter no matter how fragile they are..... that really bugs me!!

also im forced to shop at my local tesco metro (its my nearest shop) which is staffed by a mixture of degenerates, lazy students who stand with their heads resting on the counters cos their so BORED or middle aged wimmin who are far too busy prattling to each other about their recent dramas or complaining about their husbands to serve you. god its frustating when youve just rushed in for a pack of fags in your pajamas and it takes 10 minutes.

only joking about the pajamas :)

My grandmother recently (about 2 years ago) moved back to her home area of rural, southern Oklahoma from the suburbs of Washington, DC, where she lived for about 50 years or so.

Because she lives in the middle of nowhere, the only place where she can buy groceries (unless she wants to drive the 2 hours to Dallas) is Wal-Mart. It annoys the heck out of her--frankly, I can't blame her. I wouldn't want to be in her position.

I always avoid Wal-Mart whenever I can (which, thankfully, is most of the time), though I've found that I do a lot of my shopping, by necessity, at Target, which is better than Wally World, but not by a huge margin. I look forward to the day when I won't have to shop at any of the mega-stores.

oh the worst has to be b&q.

i used to work there and everyone there was an arsehole esp the management (and those who thought that they were management).

it was just so un-utterably horrid and whenever i have to go back just walking through the doors makes me extremely angry. so much so that i try to travel to the next nearest one (40mins away!). the anger and hatred just uncontrollably wells up inside me and overcomes me, i cant help it!

Lidls- its the nearest shop. Although the Gellatelli ice cream is "TO DIE FOR!" and if you're stoned you can buy the most random shit in there (I bought a coat for a horse in there once!)

The reason why I despise it is cos its totalitarian, the staff are miserable shits (even though they're well paid for supermarket work) and um theres always some f***ing tramp in front of me who is doing their yearly shop. Oh and they charge for carrier bags.

Other shops I despise; the bookies as they always take my money. DIY shops cos they're f***ing boring and clothes boutiques with too many beautiful people secretly laughing at your piss-poor attire. Thats why I prefer big stores for clothes shopping.

My cat is obsessed with Lidle food (I don't know how to spell Laid). I'm sure it's only because it's a pain it the arse to get to without a car.

coco the cat turned her nose up at Lidl food. Shes a snob. Whiskas or nothing.

The fact that I also had a bad experience there once with an ooky guy talking to me/hitting on me in the checkout line and then following me to my car.... *shudder*

Perhaps this person was involved in the "dating service" Walmart was rumored to begin...? :D No, i totally agree - Walmart has to be the worst place to shop and their reputation certainly doesn't help things.

As for me, I love the Costco, but always end up spending entirely too much time there because I never know where anything is located and nor do the people who work there for some reason.

coco the cat turned her nose up at Lidl food. Shes a snob. Whiskas or nothing.

Tullulah the cat hates Whiskers. I gave it to her once, and she looked at me like I'd tried to get her to eat her own mother. She won't eat tinned cat food at all, only the pouches which are, of course, much more expensive

I really have to say how much I hate those precious little health food shops helmed by stinky anorexic bearded hippies wearing birkenstocks and tie dye where everything is outrageously priced and the hippy follows you around attempting to discuss the nutritional value of whatever you look at!!! Everything you buy comes home smelling like incense, too. I'm all for the little man getting ahead, but these places are worse than the Local Shop in League of Gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom