What vaccines have you received?

You received:

• Total voters
Let's see, flu shots which never do anything, in 1966-7 had a vaccine for the German Measles (that was a big thing back then.) rabies (a cat scratched me so hard on the veins that my hand was a bloody mess. Hm, pencillan but I'm allergic to it. Back in 1986 I actually caught Scarlet Fever which was no fun.

Let's see, flu shots which never do anything, in 1966-7 had a vaccine for the German Measles (that was a big thing back then.) rabies (a cat scratched me so hard on the veins that my hand was a bloody mess. Hm, pencillan but I'm allergic to it. Back in 1986 I actually caught Scarlet Fever which was no fun.

I looked back on your list, and I've had many of those shots now that I remember.

Yay disease, my favourite.

I had a MMR jab as a baba
and a menigitis one when I was about 7
oh and one for going to Tunisia because the water's a little strange
and a booster one about 2 years ago.

I missed out on the TB jab, which isn't fair :D

I don't remember, I was a baby for most of them. Actually, I have my shot record in my medical file right here, I'm just too lazy to open it up.

But, more to the point, why do you ask? Are you also interested to know whether the parents here have had their children vaccinated? Are you really looking for a debate on the efficacy and safety of vaccines? That's one topic I won't go into. Really anything to do with child rearing can't be discussed sanely by people who are actually parents, because anyone who disagrees with your parenting choices is essentially attacking your parenting, and, by extension, your love for your kids. Breast or bottle, circ or no, vaccines or pox parties, work or stay home... I don't go there. Usually.

I had a similar experience with my cat :eek: He's a devil in disguise...

I'm sorry! This cat was my beloved Siamese. He always played too rough. There was no way I'd get rabies because he was an indoor cat! My cat, Kit, is a sweetheart. She's the biggest flirt. Whenever ANY man comes calling (usually only the maintenance man, or the cable man or one friend in particular, she will roll on her back, feet in the air and roll around seductively. I KNOW I didn't teach her THAT!:)

I can't really remember- proberally got a lot of them when i was a baby. I remember my last one was the TB one- which i had to get done early and let my sister watch (because she is scared of needles) so she would see it wasn't bad. So i had her screaming in my ear when i got it done. I didn't care though:cool:... she never evn got it in the end:mad:. Now poeple don't get it anymore.

I don't remember, I was a baby for most of them. Actually, I have my shot record in my medical file right here, I'm just too lazy to open it up.

But, more to the point, why do you ask? Are you also interested to know whether the parents here have had their children vaccinated? Are you really looking for a debate on the efficacy and safety of vaccines? That's one topic I won't go into. Really anything to do with child rearing can't be discussed sanely by people who are actually parents, because anyone who disagrees with your parenting choices is essentially attacking your parenting, and, by extension, your love for your kids. Breast or bottle, circ or no, vaccines or pox parties, work or stay home... I don't go there. Usually.

Nope, I didn't want to start that debate, but it might be useful and informative! I was just thinking about how much I love vaccines so I started this thread. Unfortunately, my mama lost my record :(

I'm sure my mother made sure I was fully vaccinated, but I don't remember most, being young at the time.

I do remember one of the times when it was at school, they tested whether we needed it or not, via something which resembled a mini pepper pot. Little needles prodded in the forearm, and a few days later, they came back, and they could tell by whether the marks had gone or not, whether we needed the injection. I think this was for TB. I was about 14.

Aged 14 or 15, I got bitten by an evil reincarnation of the devil, in the form of a dog, on the way to school, and when I got to school, got sent to matron, who then insisted I needed to see the doc for a tetanus jab. While I was there, I also drank a little amount of liquid, for polio.

And there is my vaccination history which I recall :cool: :p

Nope, I didn't want to start that debate, but it might be useful and informative! I was just thinking about how much I love vaccines so I started this thread. Unfortunately, my mama lost my record :(

I love vaccines too. Overall, modern vaccinations have saved millions of lives. People forget what it's like to lose two out of three of your children to something that's now preventable, like polio, or measles.

Don't be so sure: my hubby had it twice! :eek: Once as a child and once in his late teens.

Oh how horrible for him. Yeah, but my brother and I received the Chicken Pox vaccine when I was 10 and he was 4. Since then, neither of us have contracted the disease. And I am told I never will. :cool:

And let's hope I don't! I also hear that Chicken Pox is deadly at a later age.

Back
Top Bottom