Whatever happened to Julia?

A

Anonymous

I remember reading stuff about that really major Mozza fan called Julia (think that's her name) she was the one who gave up everything after hearing the gospel of Moz & followed him across the world. So what happened because she never seems to be on the scene anymore....is she over Moz then or did something happen??

TTY was active from the fanzine days of 2004 right through to late 2017 before ceasing (Central is about 14 months old).
Julia was spotted regularly at gigs, then vanished.
This appeared to coincide with the appearance & increased use of Morrissey Central and then ultimately TTY being removed from advertising and all statements going through SER.
It's pure conjecture to suggest arguments, being broke or feeling put out by another announcement site etc... - we will probably never know.
Does it really matter?
Without trying to sound harsh, her 'story' was not what drew anyone to her site and the gig reports were seldom glowing if Morrissey spoke directly to her on stage.
The information (especially Morrissey quotes/statements) is still accessible and will live on in one form or other ;)
Regards,
FWD.

I believe she was at first nyc gig?

Can anyone who was there and knows her confirm this though? Because from what I understand, she hasn’t been at any of the recent gigs, and the last time I know that she was definitely at a gig was a few years ago. She basically disappeared off the scene completely. I actually tried phoning her not too too long ago, and that number she had for a long time was no longer in service. I hope she’s well regardless, I would sometimes worry for her.

Friends always fall out in the end. It's part of life and natural. Today I cannot understand why I ever became friends with the people from the past and they feel the same about me.

People move on in life.

Can anyone who was there and knows her confirm this though? Because from what I understand, she hasn’t been at any of the recent gigs, and the last time I know that she was definitely at a gig was a few years ago. She basically disappeared off the scene completely. I actually tried phoning her not too too long ago, and that number she had for a long time was no longer in service. I hope she’s well regardless, I would sometimes worry for her.

I can confirm I saw her on opening night, about 5th row orchestra or so.

I think you can see her in this video from 2017 (ironically shot by Sam, who seems to have edged her out of the scene when it comes to media representation) - Morrissey spots her at around 3:33 and playfully gives her a slap before legging it. If it isn't Julia it sure looks like her.

she can be seen in the Hollywood Bowl Morrissey Day video, approaching Moz as he walks, it seems she expected a bigger reaction from him than what she got.

Maybe Moz got bored of her.

true to you was a pretty bad site,it had a main page and that was really it,one good thing was Ms question and answer sessions,it was the last time fans really had a chance to ask him things.if she still attends good on her, if not, no big deal.

Yeah she gets mentioned in one of the nyc threads and still attends shows just not all over. If I had to say I would guess she just got older and has less time for it all. It happens

The whole purpose of groupies and female fans is that they are gorgeous and she kind of ruined that.

The whole purpose of groupies and female fans is that they are gorgeous and she kind of ruined that.
Yet you hide behind Anonymous. What a rude comment.
I will say that she put more into her True To You paper fanzine than most all the other cobbled together Xeroxed B&W zines.

Yet you hide behind Anonymous. What a rude comment.
I will say that she put more into her True To You paper fanzine than most all the other cobbled together Xeroxed B&W zines.
Urbanus here, thought that was pretty obvious. Met Julia once in Karlstad and could not believe how ill she looked. Easily the ugliest woman I have ever seen live and on tv.

Yes she was in nyc.

The music in that video is in the pre-show tracks...(pre-videos).

I remember reading stuff about that really major Mozza fan called Julia (think that's her name) she was the one who gave up everything after hearing the gospel of Moz & followed him across the world. So what happened because she never seems to be on the scene anymore....is she over Moz then or did something happen??

Back
Top Bottom