whats behind these" xx is on a distinguished road" at the userprofiles?

Re: Member rating thing

If you have some posts you think are unfairly marked or some of those excellent posts you think should be marked positively, feel free to post the links here. The idea is to reward users for good posts and discourage bad posts, the weighting is to combat abuse such as friends marking up your posts regardless of the actual content.

This is definitely happening. I personally don't care because I don't even read them, but it's become a useless system. I guess it gives the trolls something to focus on that doesn't interfere with the flow of conversation, so there's that.

This is definitely happening. I personally don't care because I don't even read them, but it's become a useless system. I guess it gives the trolls something to focus on that doesn't interfere with the flow of conversation, so there's that.

I think it's funny how the people with reputation scores in the red complain about what a bad system the rep thing is, and they say how it's all just trolls calling the shots behind the scenes, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Strange thing is that very, very few users have anything less than at least one green dot. Could it be that maybe -just maybe- people here simply don't like what you have to say, and -by extension- don't actually like you?

Nah...that's ridiculous, right?

I think it's funny how the people with reputation scores in the red complain about what a bad system the rep thing is, and they say how it's all just trolls calling the shots behind the scenes, etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Strange thing is that very, very few users have anything less than at least one green dot. Could it be that maybe -just maybe- people here simply don't like what you have to say, and -by extension- don't actually like you?

Nah...that's ridiculous, right?

I had four green positive dots. Then I started bickering with Viva and they dwindled, I had one yesterday, then red today. Now if I join the "ranking" game, my opinion is useless? It's their little plan to squash a voice, that's why their's have grown exponentially and people who disagree with them dwindle. I got PMs and emails saying that I was a good person for calling you guys out, probably people who don't play the ranking game. Whatever, I don't give a shit really, but it does reek of ballot stuffing.

I had four green positive dots. Then I started bickering with Viva and they dwindled, I had one yesterday, then red today. Now if I join the "ranking" game, my opinion is useless? It's their little plan to squash a voice, that's why their's have grown exponentially and people who disagree with them dwindle. I got PMs and emails saying that I was a good person for calling you guys out, probably people who don't play the ranking game. Whatever, I don't give a shit really, but it does reek of ballot stuffing.

Thesmithsmorrissey claimed to have gotten a lot of congratulatory PMs about standing up to us, too...and look how stalwart he ended up being. I do not suffer the illusion that I am universally loved here, and I have no difficulty understanding that a few squirmy little crickets need to see a hero in any jackass who thinks he has the balls to confront me. Funny, though, how they could only voice their support for you guys privately...

I love Viva, I think he's a great guy, and we all know I've had my differences with him in the past. NHNS, too. But I am telling you, no one is interested in turning your green dots red, at least not just for the sake of it. There is no conspiracy.

I can only speak for myself definitively but I'm pretty sure they feel that way too. They are very vocal in their disdain for you and I doubt they have much invested in your actual reputation tally. Franky it's a function none of us take too seriously.

You can believe that or not, I really don't care.

Thesmithsmorrissey claimed to have gotten a lot of congratulatory PMs about standing up to us, too...and look how stalwart he ended up being. I do not suffer the illusion that I am universally loved here, and I have no difficulty understanding that a few squirmy little crickets need to see a hero in any jackass who thinks he has the balls to confront me. Funny, though, how they could only voice their support for you guys privately...

I love Viva, I think he's a great guy, and we all know I've had my differences with him in the past. NHNS, too. But I am telling you, no one is interested in turning your green dots red, at least not just for the sake of it. There is no conspiracy.

I can only speak for myself definitively but I'm pretty sure they feel that way too. They are very vocal in their disdain for you and I doubt they have much invested in your actual reputation tally. Franky it's a function none of us take too seriously.

You can believe that or not, I really don't care.

When you talk about Viva and NHNS, it reminds me of when people on the frink used to fantasize about Morrissey sipping tea all day and reading literature by the fireside. Like homey doesn't play video games and eat shit food and be a lovely slob. :D You have a very skewed, idealized take on your hero.

When you talk about Viva and NHNS, it reminds me of when people on the frink used to fantasize about Morrissey sipping tea all day and reading literature by the fireside. Like homey doesn't play video games and eat shit food and be a lovely slob. :D You have a very skewed, idealized take on your hero.

Ridiculous.

Davidt, can you at least add a poll onto this page? You'll be alarmed to find how many people hate it.

Well BrummieBoy, I think you have successfully conquered Morrissey-Solo. It's all yours.
By the way, could you tell me a bit about your Morrissey Hoax Thesis?

Can't tell you the thesis unless/until the autobiography is released/escapes. If he's barking enough to actually publish it, then the Thesis will probably have to be nailed to the doors of Wittenberg Cathedral......which will be a real shame because, like everyone else: my 'sunk investment' in Moz can't just be redeemed through ebay/freecycle.....sigh...he was.......so promising.....when he accepted advice from 'the men in grey suits'.....:(

but the Hoax Theory is not about Moz or this site specifically, it's about 'The Fame'..... generally........

regards
Prince Hurry'up'Harry, carm on, get your bits out for the lads/lasses.
Your Royal Arse'n'all
aka: Beau Brummell Boy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...t-off-your-arse-you-can-achieve-anything.html :lbf:

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

i couldn't possibly comment.jpg :straightface:

Why don't you add it yourself?

some men here
they have a special interest in your career they wanna help you to grow and then
syphon all your dough
why dont add it for yourself?
then youll see the glass
hidden in the grass
some men here
they know the full extent of
your distress they kneel and pray and they say
long may it last
:rolleyes::guitar:

A poll would be moderately interesting but that still gives credence to delusional group think dynamics rather than genuine free speech. It's kinda 'ironic' that 'fans' of The Outsider Morrissey [sic] seek comfort in herd approval just as he seeks herd acceptance through Big Music Corporate Contracts, Keys To The City and Manchester City Council 30 years service/retirement awards. Rebel yell! :rolleyes::lbf:

It makes more sense for each user to decide if they wish to be part of the Social Narcissist angry chimp 'reputation-fest'. Or not! Separate the 3.0 marines from the 2.0 pogues who wanna still party like it's 1999! It ain't...although it's interesting that both Prince and Morrissey have, effectively, 'gone on strike' until the 'recorded music industry' is safely herded back into the corporate rock whoredom that Web 3.0 will undoubtedly re-establish once the 'freetards' are decimated. I'm assuming Morrissey will sign some 'exclusive' with the FB/T/G+ behemoth once he realises they'll soon represent a return to the safe corporate sanctuaries he so inexpertly tried to game once he escaped the Rough Trade enclave.

I can see why you chose 'Morrissey' as a 2.0 project. In the mid-90's it was still possible/plausible that he would sort his 'issues' out, and perhaps become 'almost as big as Elvis'. But it's almost certainly over now. He seems to be addicted to pseudo-conflict as the decision to back off from the eNMEy High Court case exemplifies. He's a washed-up Boomer and I can't see how he can 'explain' his behaviour this time. Joyce. eNMEy.Copenhagen. trolling all & sundry. The denouement is unexpectedly crass. Merck has now surely realised that Morrissey is co-dependent and lives and breathes this site. Without it, the NME, Joyce, the Royal Family and all the other psuedo bete-noires: he's utterly lost. He no longer has anything to say to anyone with a modicum of insight. Morrissey will never make a realistic proposal to buy/reform/archive this domain: he needs you. LOL!

If this site didn't exist, Morrissey would have to invent it.

He won't reposition Brand Morrissey as that would rob him of a vital excuse for his underachievement in relation to his stated career goals. 'Bigger than Elvis'? yeah, right! :lbf:

I couldn't quite believe the 'Who is Morrissey?' defacement of Oscar. More than the now-obvious trolling of Oslo, China, the Olympics: that really was a step too far towards pantomime parody. If anyone had shown me that in 1983, i'd have said: "Never!"

It's really rather hard to absorb how it's all collapsing in ruins. Very sad. Very sad indeed.

-you're handling the pressure rather better than i expected. the inmates can riot all they like, i'll leave when i'm ready, not when they tell me to.......the drones are ready to swarm, if needed.....[sigh]

the lulz!!!!

regards

BeauBrummelBoy
Prince Harry's Arse'n'all Brummie-Bum-Boy's-Bum-Chum! LOL! to the max!

mozarse.jpgharrieboy.jpghandinglovearse.jpg

You can't post polls on other people's threads...can you?

No, but if the issue is as important to you as it is to Crystal Geezer, you could make a separate thread with the poll as the basis.

No, but if the issue is as important to you as it is to Crystal Geezer, you could make a separate thread with the poll as the basis.

It's not important to me, I just learned how to do it the other day. I was just being observant.

I'm not sure it's the most important thing in any of our lives, compared to family health etc.
We all have other much more important concerns and worries.
When I give reputation I leave my name at the end so the person knows who it's from and why.
Perhaps if the anonymity was switched off it would reduce the suspicion and provide a feeling of genuine feedback.

Back
Top Bottom