What's the best Morrissey solo video?

Why would I ever spend a nanosecond looking for a video of Robbie
You wouldnt, it was a joke. A bad joke, but a joke nonetheles.

I really like his videos during the Southpaw era, Dagenham Dave and Boy Racer.

80s: Ouija Board, Ouija Board

90s: has to be November Spawned A Monster because it's iconic. But Tomorrow and Dagenham Dave are also very good.

00s: All You Need Is Me without question.

10s: Spent The Day In Bed, possibly my personal favourite of all Morrissey videos.

That said I think spent the day in bed is a good video and November is shot really well. The color on playboys is pretty cool. Jacky is fun and kinda neat but overall music videos has been probably the weakest part in his artistic portfolio. They’re all just kinda meh. The Uk in the late eighties and nineties made some great music, some of my favs, but I can’t really think of any music video that really stood out

That said I think spent the day in bed is a good video and November is shot really well. The color on playboys is pretty cool. Jacky is fun and kinda neat but overall music videos has been probably the weakest part in his artistic portfolio. They’re all just kinda meh. The Uk in the late eighties and nineties made some great music, some of my favs, but I can’t really think of any music video that really stood out
I think the videos Anton Corbijn shot for Depeche Mode in the late 80s and early 90s were pretty awesome.

I think the videos Anton Corbijn shot for Depeche Mode in the late 80s and early 90s were pretty awesome.

I’ll have to look at them as I don’t know many of there videos. I do like his photos a lot. I’m not a music video expert by any means but in general most of the videos I can think of are just band performances or some cheap gimmick like Jarvis in a shopping cart. I also think America had some really good videos during this time so maybe that's just left me with an overly critical armchair perspective

Tomorrow-so simple but so good.

Hands down this:

I like all of his work with Tim Broad, including the 2 Smiths videos.
I think these are the videos that Morrissey is most proud of too.
And "Spent the day in bed" was quite funny.

Back
Top Bottom