What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

It's hard out here for a pimp.

I gave it to myself. "Don't EVER get into a couple's fight. Don't even talk to ANY of them. Ever again, you stupid girl"

Sharing is caring :straightface:.

Ok, my last answer was just a joke. Here is my real answer.

The book The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz has these 4 rules to live by. I consider this to be the best advice I ever received.

1. Be impeccable with your word
2. Don't take anything personally
3. Always do your best
4. Make no assumptions

#2 is hard to explain but if you can embrace it the amount of peace you can find in your life is pretty amazing.

The book is in any reputable bookstore. I recommend it to everyone. (No, I am not on commission)

The book The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz has these 4 rules to live by. I consider this to be the best advice I ever received.

3. Always do your best
4. Make no assumptions

#2 is hard to explain but if you can embrace it the amount of peace you can find in your life is pretty amazing.

The book is in any reputable bookstore. I recommend it to everyone. (No, I am not on commission)

Why do you recommend it? What's so good about it? Sounds like it might be the kind of book I might want to read.

3. Always do your best
4. Make no assumptions

Heee, have you read the whole book yet?

And chocolate, Miss Lemon? A refined young lady like yourself, must like chocolate!

Oh absolutely :thumb:. Stay away from MY chocolate lest you want a beating.

Why do you recommend it? What's so good about it? Sounds like it might be the kind of book I might want to read.

The value of the book is that it allows you to be in control of your life.

The idea is that everything anyone does is an agreement they have made with themselves.

If someone calls you ugly and you let it affect you, then you have made an agreement with yourself to let the manifestations of someone else become your reality. At the same time, they have made an agreement to inject poison into a situation.

If you make the agreement to always do your best, you can focus less on the outcome and more on the fact that you did everything you could to get an outcome you desired and if it didn't, you can't blame yourself.

The book is really good and will cover what I left out plus expand a lot on the things.

Heee, have you read the whole book yet?

I have the audio book.. so I can't say I have actually read any of it :)

I have listened to the whole thing but there is a lot of God related stuff that I tend to skip.

This book can be 100% appreciated even if you bypass the religious portions.

Back
Top Bottom