What's your prediction for first week (UK) sales of California Son?

What's your prediction for first week (UK) sales of California Son?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He certainly knows and most people assumes that he is some sort of lunatic driven by weird impulses that follow no logic.
He is clearly obsessed with the American Civil Rights movement since a long time ago... thus the fact that he recorded this song is not so surprising.

I.e,

... Making his band play with "Return of the Black Panthers" T-Shirts... which is somehow reminiscent of Patti Smith
Or his well-known use of the image of Dick Gregory as a backdrop in his concerts...

dick-gregory-60s-photo.jpg

I think he is clever enough as to unite the dots between "Black Panthers" and Dick Gregory and a song that was played before Martin Luther King gave his most famous speech. Do those actions suggest something to you???

And I’m not racist, my brothers, cousins, boyfriends, sister is black.

Loves his country, does he? Where does he live again? He picks and chooses when to love and hate his country. He’s not even in the thick of it. He’s living in luxury out of the way and pipes up whenever there’s controversy to be had or a new album to plug.
He's hardly a 'normal' citizen - he's a global superstar who travels the world on tour much of the time.

He clearly loves his country and hates the changes that our globalist masters have inflicted upon it. Nationalism is a big crime now because it runs counter to the globalisation 'kill all cultures and extinct the white man' plan.

He's hardly a 'normal' citizen - he's a global superstar who travels the world on tour much of the time.

He clearly loves his country and hates the changes that our globalist masters have inflicted upon it. Nationalism is a big crime now because it runs counter to the globalisation 'kill all cultures and extinct the white man' plan.

Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Anyone who returns with an inanity like you just have has dropped the intellectual aspect of their argument (i.e they have ceded defeat).

You know I'm right.

You lost me at ‘global superstar’

And on a thread that’s debating wether or not he’s gonna even sell 10k records.

You lost me at ‘global superstar’

And on a thread that’s debating wether or not he’s gonna even sell 10k records.
He'll sell a lot more than that after the poster / record shop ban hype in the press. British people aren't big fans of fascism. Which is what so many clowns on the left have turned into.

Whilst out shopping in a supermarket many non-fans will see it and stick it in their trolley simply for support.

And I’m not racist, my brothers, cousins, boyfriends, sister is black.

Not really the kind of person who goes by the "I am not racist, I have a black friend" sarcasm... But an artist who has kept through the years a steady interest in showing again and again his support for the Civil Rights movement with an obvious fascination for it.

It was not by chance that he had chosen this T-shirt design featuring James Baldwin for a US tour:

2017-Morrissey-tshirt-black-is-how-i-feel-on-the-inside-768x488.jpg

Sadly the T-shirt was perceived as "controversial" and he stopped using it... Even if it is obvious that there was not an ironic use of the image of Baldwin (I still feel that it would have been amazing if some leaders of the African-American civil rights movement had showed their support.... because the idea is similar to the famous phrase by Diamanda Galas "we are all HIV positive", when she is not HIV positive herself... but the point is similar, taking the place of someone who is oppressed because of his race or because of an infection -in the case of Galas- and understanding that the oppression should be abolished).
The T-shirt was perceived as "racist" by some... I can't really imagine a racist person wearing it (try to stamp something like that on a T-shirt and wear it on a KKK rally... I would be surprised if you manage to stay there for 5 minutes without receiving at least a punch straight to your face).

It is not simply a list of "coincidences".

These are the things that the press purposefully ignores...

Not really the kind of person who goes by the "I am not racist, I have a black friend" sarcasm... But an artist who has kept through the years a steady interest in showing again and again his support for the Civil Rights movement with an obvious fascination for it.

It was not by chance that he had chosen this T-shirt design featuring James Baldwin for a US tour:

2017-Morrissey-tshirt-black-is-how-i-feel-on-the-inside-768x488.jpg

Sadly the T-shirt was perceived as "controversial" and he stopped using it... Even if it is obvious that there was not an ironic use of the image of Baldwin (I still feel that it would have been amazing if some leaders of the African-American civil rights movement had showed their support.... because the idea is similar to the famous phrase by Diamanda Galas "we are all HIV positive", when she is not HIV positive herself... but the point is similar, taking the place of someone who is oppressed because of his race or because of an infection -in the case of Galas- and understanding that the oppression should be abolished).
The T-shirt was perceived as "racist" by some... I can't really imagine a racist person wearing it (try to stamp something like that on a T-shirt and wear it on a KKK rally... I would be surprised if you manage to stay there for 5 minutes without receiving at least a punch straight to your face).

It is not simply a list of "coincidences".

These are the things that the press purposefully ignores...

Sorry, too much to read.

He'll sell a lot more than that after the poster / record shop ban hype in the press. British people aren't big fans of fascism. Which is what so many clowns on the left have turned into.

Whilst out shopping in a supermarket many non-fans will see it and stick it in their trolley simply for support.

Mate, you really think some Jeremy Kyle dole bum is gonna spent their last 20 quid on a Morrissey LP.

I know... it's easier to read the headlines of the Guardian or the newspaper of your choice and simple assume that Morrissey is racist because the headline says such thing... I know it's easier.
The Guardian love immigrants but have the least dealings with them:

"Blacks and Muslims are great! (but not on my street - I live where it's nice and white)."

No - but they wouldn't buy anyone's record, just listen to it online.

I'm thinking people who have some dough to play with.

Oh I thought you meant the influx of ‘new fans’, The Neanderthalic grunts of The For Britian Movement. Sure I suppose they could buy the cd as a cheaper option and still have change for a 2lt of White Lightning & 10 Richmond SuperKings.

Oh I thought you meant the influx of ‘new fans’, The Neanderthalic grunts of The For Britian Movement. Sure I suppose they could buy the cd as a cheaper option and still have change for a 2lt of White Lightning & 10 Richmond SuperKings.
Sounds like you live in a very crappy place!

More nonsensical 'White genocide" musings from Reelfountain yet again? Must be the awful realisation dawning that SYL could barely scrape together less than 2,200 votes in the UK's EU elections. Oh, yes. And in other news, the Mozza-endorsed For Britain couldn't even hold onto the deposits that gullible types stumped up for them to fail so very miserably with at the ballot box. Will the subject of this site have the courage to wear their badge, when he next tours the UK - should ever do so soon? Unlikely.
Plenty of us can go to bed with a smile upon our faces. :-D

Back
Top Bottom