When did charming become cranky? Why a middle-aged Morrissey is so hard to love - The Guardian

Another Guardian clickbait article about Morrissey's middle-aged madness.

Yawn. Full of the usual types bemoaning the fact a man in his late 50s tends not to be the same as one in his 20s.

When did charming become cranky? Why a middle-aged Morrissey is so hard to love - The Guardian
by Dorian Lynskey
As a new biopic England is Mine charts the Smiths singer’s early life, fans speak of their disillusion at his increasingly outspoken views

UPDATE July 23:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

Here's the full page from today's Observer - notably, in the main 'News' section rather than the Review or Arts section.

40407_observer_20170723.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the full page from today's Observer - notably, in the main 'News' section rather than the Review or Arts section.

eN10UYE.jpg

The comment made on the guardian site posted here is a good one as well as the one made pointing out that he's always made extreme comments on politics. I think people were just more tolerant and forgiving of them when they were pointed at characters they considered villains. It mostly seems that people over at the guardian, and maybe some of here readers, feel somehow betrayed that morrissey doesn't agree with them. Disagreeing with morrissey is one thing, and not hard to do, but this string of articles streaming from this paper seem to demonstrate some kind of personal hurt or betrayal. They seem to really want to make a point and to discredit. Like they want revenge or something. I also think that, as many have said here over the years, that morrissey is better at commenting and more profound when speaking on personal human experience, individual existential conflict, instead of things like politics but he doesn't do this as much as he once did. Most likely because I think he somewhat conquered these issues and at this point in his life has less to say regarding them. At his point though the guardian should just make a permanent morrissey section

'kick em when He falls down''

sigh, another jumps on the bandwagon, Morrissey as human, we all know he has difficulties. I think He's on the point of go ahead, or just
disapear, and live his life anonymous. He's 58...

Morrissey has slowly devolved from what he once was. I have also been an ardent fan of many bands including DM, Psychedelic Furs, New Order, etc. These other bands have disappointed me with some music over the years, but they don't make arses of themselves like Moz does.

To be frank (not Phranc), the thing that sets Morrissey apart for me and how I've lost interest and even respect for him has been two things: 1. Lyrics--they've become shells of his once witty and artful ways. Not all of them, but most are rather sorry and lacking in romance and true creativity. 2. His outspoken criticism is so contradictory in terms of his actions--more so than the regular joe.

Poor Simon Wratten hasn't been interacting with Morrissey under his TRB persona--how sad.

oh my, life can be a real bitch. sorry to read that it's all so "unusually intense" and "hard" for you. sometimes it can really help to cry a little

Actually the post you quoted is somewhat accurate. Most of us who have been fans of Morrissey, and consequently fell in love with him and the lyrics 30 years ago, are quite disappointed and/or frustrated. That said, I can assure you that some of us are quite unusual to begin with, and also "intensely" affected by life in general. I can't speak for all Morrissey fans, but I know I fall in to the category, so I find your comment rather insensitive and common.

Why do people think that their criticisms are going to change a person ?

people, simply move on if you don't like what you see or if you think a person does things in a way that you wouldn't or believe is wrong.

Why all the :drama: ?

it's so simple !

:tiphat:

Why do people think that their criticisms are going to change a person ?

people, simply move on if you don't like what you see or if you think a person does things in a way that you wouldn't or believe is wrong.

Why all the :drama: ?

it's so simple !

:tiphat:

I don't see anyone here trying to change Morrissey; implying this is ridiculous.

Most people who are critical of what Morrissey has become are simply pointing out the obvious.

The people who get upset with these critiques are the snowflakes like you who believe Morrissey is infallible and not able to be criticized.

The snowflakes here cannot handle the fact that people can still like Morrissey and be critical and harsh on him. This is what's beautiful about free speech.

Just another reason why he has lived in LA since 1996. 200,000 miles away from England or how many miles away LA is from England. Don't Brittish people have anything better to do? Don't you Brits and Euros work? It can't always be a kickball championship month when no one works.

I don't see anyone here trying to change Morrissey; implying this is ridiculous.

Most people who are critical of what Morrissey has become are simply pointing out the obvious.

The people who get upset with these critiques are the snowflakes like you who believe Morrissey is infallible and not able to be criticized.

The snowflakes here cannot handle the fact that people can still like Morrissey and be critical and harsh on him. This is what's beautiful about free speech.

Dear 'FAN',

'I don't see anyone here trying to change Morrissey;'

then what do they and you benefit from criticizing ? What is your goal by doing so?

'Most people who are critical of what Morrissey has become are simply pointing out the obvious.'

then why are they pointing out the obvious? Why bother? How would that benefit anyone ?

'The people who get upset with these critiques are the snowflakes like you who believe Morrissey is infallible and not able to be criticized.'

I would never say that, anyone however perfect will be criticized by
those who are probably imperfect in their lives and most likely criticize others simply because they can't face their own shitty lives.Other than that, I don't see why they bother criticizing at all, I mean how does it benefit anyone?

'The snowflakes here cannot handle the fact that people can still like Morrissey and be critical and harsh on him.'

Again, what do people think or hope to gain by criticizing someone they supposedly like? Sounds crazy to me.

'This is what's beautiful about free speech.'

free speech is one thing, but sounding like an insane person is another. For why do they think that their whining and criticisms are going to change a person that doesn't fit or no longer fits their imagined ideal of what this person is or once was to them? It's all in your head, and there are doctors to help you. PLEASE GET HELP.

these people :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:, & need to... GET A GRIP ! AND move on.

Dear 'FAN',

then what do they and you benefit from criticizing ? What is your goal by doing so?

'Most people who are critical of what Morrissey has become are simply pointing out the obvious.'

then why are they pointing out the obvious? Why bother? How would that benefit anyone ?

'The people who get upset with these critiques are the snowflakes like you who believe Morrissey is infallible and not able to be criticized.'

those who are probably imperfect in their lives and most likely criticize others simply because they can't face their own shitty lives.Other than that, I don't see why they bother criticizing at all, I mean how does it benefit anyone?

'The snowflakes here cannot handle the fact that people can still like Morrissey and be critical and harsh on him.'

Again, what do people think or hope to gain by criticizing someone they supposedly like? Sounds crazy to me.

free speech is one thing, but sounding like an insane person is another. For why do they think that their whining and criticisms are going to change a person that doesn't fit or no longer fits their imagined ideal of what this person is or once was to them? It's all in your head, and there are doctors to help you. PLEASE GET HELP.

these people :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:, & need to... GET A GRIP ! AND move on.

Morrissey phoned. He would like for you to jump off the 86th floor of the Empire State Building. Do you have a parachute?

Dear 'FAN',

Thanks for proving my point, snowflake.

Thanks for proving my point, snowflake.

Or maybe people like the way Morrissey is? I like the way he speaks honestly about how he sees the world. I'd much rather hear that than some canned politically correct nonsense. I don't understand how he can be picked apart for being himself. Accept him for what he is.

Or maybe people like the way Morrissey is? I like the way he speaks honestly about how he sees the world. I'd much rather hear that than some canned politically correct nonsense. I don't understand how he can be picked apart for being himself. Accept him for what he is.

Yeah! Right on! Screw all this PC nonsense! You should be free to be as racist as you like! Damn those pesky laws passed by our democratically elected representatives that stop us from from saying those things 'we all think in private'

free speech ? and mere opinions, just like yours.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom