When did Morrissey and Jake break up?

ACTON

Don't Leave Us In The Dark
Apologies in advance if this topic has already been coevered in the Forum but I didn't see it.

I was wondering if anyone knows when Moz and Jake broke up? I think it was after Vauxhall but before Southpaw, and that the song 'Best Friend on the Payroll' was about Jake (perhaps 'Sunny' was also). Was it prior to recording Southpaw? If yes, then could it have been a factor in the depression that hit Moz around the time of Bowie's Outside Tour, contributing to Morrissey's early departure from that world tour?

If Sunny was about Jake then does that imply there was a drug problem? I know that Moz has said that 'the other person stopped loving me' so perhaps Sunny has nothing to do with Jake at all.

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been coevered in the Forum but I didn't see it.

I was wondering if anyone knows when Moz and Jake broke up? I think it was after Vauxhall but before Southpaw, and that the song 'Best Friend on the Payroll' was about Jake (perhaps 'Sunny' was also). Was it prior to recording Southpaw? If yes, then could it have been a factor in the depression that hit Moz around the time of Bowie's Outside Tour, contributing to Morrissey's early departure from that world tour?

If Sunny was about Jake then does that imply there was a drug problem? I know that Moz has said that 'the other person stopped loving me' so perhaps Sunny has nothing to do with Jake at all.

I think ''Sunny'' is about Alain's brother

Acton, from what I'm piecing together, I believe they were together two years and I think they met in 1994 so I'm guessing 1996/early '97 was the breakup? My uneducated opinion (and an informal poll of pals) says that while Best Friend was likely about Jake, Sunny was indeed abt. Alain's brother.

It was definitely between Vauxhall and Southpaw because Jo Slee was back as his PA in 1995. I have a quote from Jo in mind but am not sure if it's real or made up "He cared for Jake a lot and was terribly cut up when they parted company".

And in Autobiography Moz hints that he blames himself for their parting "But the lonely season must return, for that is what it does. No matter how your new circumstances pad themselves out, the roots of your behavior patterns have already marked you out for slaughter. The realistic essence of the true you made its mold back in the Queen's Square and Trafalgar Square of years lost. My days at Delresto, with Jake, with Arnold, free of the monastery, full of child-like forgetfulness, all come to a sudden end as night returns at last. Back, instead, to the slowness of days and London's grey noons, where I pack up my NWI life and, why bless my heart alive, how unusual to find myself alone and perishing once again".

Shiver me timbers! Blimey!

I reckon Moz and Jake never broke up because they were never a "couple". Jake, jut like Damon now, was his Personal Assistant (PA). Jake is married now to a WOMAN, has children, and lives in the Midwest and probably goes to McDonalds.

Sunny was inspired by Nancy Sinatra's dog that was named Sunny and recently passed away. Talk about being off track.

Once again, Morrissey is not gay.

There is a passage in Autobiography where Morrissey recalls Alan Bennett detecting that something was not right in the relationship..."Alan isn't entirely fumbling in the dark, as I had already made plans to lower myself into my new flat on Fitzwilliam Place in Dublin...the new life wipes out the old as 1995 starts".

I've often read that Morrissey seemed low and not particularly talkative during the Boxers tour in February 1995, so it seems most likely that the split happenned in late 1994.

SOSB

Relationship may have on the rocks for a while before the split but it's been said it lasted two years and started in 94. I don't think it had much to do with morrissey leaving the tour or not wanting to perform live though. After he left the Bowie tour he played like two weeks later according to passions just like mine, arranged his own shows, so he either got over it quick or it was just the Bowie tour itself that caused him to not play

There should be a thread about this already as he mentioned this affair in a magazine interview. Moz says he was dumped and it broke his heart. He is on a table or something when photographed for that interview.

If I remember correctly the title of the interview was "After the Affair" or something along those lines. It surprised me for years and years that so many missed that interview where he admitted his gay relationship.

I think the interview was made during the boring Alma Matters era cause he had his hair quite slick at the time and wore very polished leather shoes for the interview pictures.

He's never looked more gay than in those interview pictures.

I believe it was a humasexual affair actually.

No, not at all that was just Moz being a coward and ducking the issue when needed by the gay community.

well what about the humasexual community ? I'm sure they needed it just as much. You gotta learn to be more open minded, the world is full of all kinds of people.

Last edited:
well what about the humasexual community ? I'm sure they needed it just as much. You gotta learn to be more open minded, the world is full of all kind of people.
There is no such thing and you know it, just a term used by snowflakes like yourself. The kids of the hippies will die under Trump and they will not be remembered.

If I remember correctly the title of the interview was "After the Affair" or something along those lines. It surprised me for years and years that so many missed that interview where he admitted his gay relationship.

I think the interview was made during the boring Alma Matters era cause he had his hair quite slick at the time and wore very polished leather shoes for the interview pictures.

He's never looked more gay than in those interview pictures.

That hair slick comes in handy for a gay lad. Need some lube? Just rub your fingers through your hair and on to your willie and your are ready for action!

well what about the humasexual community ? I'm sure they needed it just as much. You gotta learn to be more open minded, the world is full of all kind of people.

What ridiculous nonsense.

There is no such thing as a "humasexual community" and you know it.

What does "humasexual" even mean? He's not f***ing dogs or refrigerators? How profound and edgy.

Reckon this is top mental! Do you reckon that Uncle Steve actually wrote his own autobiography with all the gay fairy tales? No, it was written by some guy in a studio apt. in Alhambra that Putnams Sons and Penguin got at a bargain. Jake, Damon, Michael Stipe, ignoring David Jones death. Humasexual, A-sexual, sexual ambiguity, writing "America is not the World" from his deck in Malibu overlooking the Pacific is the Morrissey M.O. and this is WHAT SELLS. You know what doesn't sell? Walking on the beach while eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking Corona, Sunday night Spaghetti dinners with Aunt Nancy and lil' Sammy, Dodger games. and having a Cinnabon and Starbucks coffee with your gigantic Louis Vuitton shopping bag at the Beverly Center. Wake up!

What ridiculous nonsense.

There is no such thing as a "humasexual community" and you know it.

What does "humasexual" even mean? He's not f***ing dogs or refrigerators? How profound and edgy.

there IS they just don't know it yet. ;)

really "12" I expect it from TLC, but you? I thought you would be more open minded and know very well that this world is full of all kinds of people, people who find it quite empowering to create and label themselves instead of letting others/strangers do it for them.

Last edited:
there IS they just don't know it yet. ;)

really "12" I expect it from TLC, but you? I thought you would be more open minded and know very well that this world is full of all kind of people, people who find it quite empowering to create and label themselves instead of letting others/strangers do it for them.

I have nothing against people who label themselves, just not with nonsense labels that are making a mockery of things brave people have fought for.

I have nothing against people who label themselves, just not with nonsense labels that are making a mockery of things brave people have fought for.

there's nothing nonsensical about someone having to create a new word that they feel best expresses who they are, I think THAT act is brave and beautiful. I'm sorry you feel this way, and I don't see how someone expressing how they feel about themselves is a mockery to anyone one else or what they believe in.

I just hope that he doesn't (like Bowie did) go back on his word, for then there will be plenty of humasexuals that will be pissed off.

Oh for god's sake.

He could have just said he likes both, like a normal person.

Always has to be the most exquisitely special snowflake.

Last edited:
Tags
jake
Back
Top Bottom