when did morrissey last spend any time with marr?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
dont mean bumping in to each other at an awards do or a gig, i mean seeing each other for some meaningful quality hours.

The guys came by last Sunday and we played some XBOX360 Guitar Hero. Johnny killed us both. Moz got upset and decided to leave early. Johnny and I were shocked. Too bad he left early, I was about to pull out my base guitar.

Missed opportunities...

:guitar:

dont mean bumping in to each other at an awards do or a gig, i mean seeing each other for some meaningful quality hours.

I would sell my soul to see them together and having a good time. But no, I dont have any information.........:tears:

so not since the split ?

Rumors have always flown about them. They are said to be feuding and then, out of the blue, in some interview with one or the other they'll say something short and cryptic to the effect of "We've patched things up". They don't say how or when.

The last time they were together that can be verified (as far as I know) was the Joyce trial. And presumably that was not a happy time. :rolleyes:

Someone reported that he saw Morrissey and Johnny in a pub in Manchester last August.

Someone reported that he saw Morrissey and Johnny in a pub in Manchester last August.

Dear Sirs,

I saw Morrissey and Johnny Marr having a pint together in a Manchester pub.

Yours Sincerely,

Big Foot

Was it Chrissy Hynd who said she got them talking around the early mid 90's?

Something about them going for a long drive together?

My mind is probably playing tricks.

Was it Chrissy Hynd who said she got them talking around the early mid 90's?

Something about them going for a long drive together?

My mind is probably playing tricks.

They did go on a drive together shortly before the Joyce trial, to patch things up. Johnny talks about it in Goddard's book.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned a recent get-together too, and they've certainly been corresponding recently about various compilations and remastering the Smiths material (Moz was involved with Sound of the Smiths, and Johnny and Stephen Street have been remastering the albums).

I think it's the case that without the music the strong friendship isn't there any more, but there certainly doesn't seem to be any animosity.

Why would he want to?

He doesn't live in the past.

I just scanned that and found no evidence offered that Morrissey and Marr have gotten together other than Goddard's book and the interview in which Marr says they hang out all the time. I find the first story plausible. The second is laughable, not because it couldn't happen, but because (as Dave pointed out) for every one news story about Morrissey and Marr's rapprochement there's another in which they either snipe at each other or reveal a chilly detachment. They might indeed go 'round arm in arm like drunken schoolgirls on holiday but I'll believe it when I see it-- their public comments to journalists are useless. (Probably by design, a prospect which I find fascinating and funny. :rolleyes:)

Back
Top Bottom