When did the Libertines support Morrissey?

timelessmelody

I read on the Libertines wikipedia page that they once supported Morrissey, I was just wondering if anyone knows what dates they did? I'd imagine it was 2002 or possibly 2004 time.

thats sounds like an amazing gig i heard that like morrissey is one of the libertines biggest role models when he was growing up esp doherty to the smiths alot

It was a brilliant gig. first time i saw morrissey and the libertines were great too. before i went i had only heard 'i get along', i got 'up the bracket' as soon as i could after...

Truth is the libertines weren't actually that great that evening! I'm actually a fan of their last album, they just don't do it for me live. One amusing thing about that gig was someone kept shouting for them to play "last nite" which was vaguely amusing. There was a picture taken of them backstage with moz which must be on this site somewhere. It was one of my favourite moz shows by the way.

Stanley is right, The Libertines were bloody rubbish that night and I speak as a fan of their work. Load of shouty nonsense....great drummer though!

Stanley is right, The Libertines were bloody rubbish that night and I speak as a fan of their work. Load of shouty nonsense....great drummer though!

i was pounced on by the libertines' drummer...:eek:

Truth is the libertines weren't actually that great that evening! I'm actually a fan of their last album, they just don't do it for me live. One amusing thing about that gig was someone kept shouting for them to play "last nite" which was vaguely amusing. There was a picture taken of them backstage with moz which must be on this site somewhere. It was one of my favourite moz shows by the way.

Ah, I've seen that picture loads of times and didn't realise it was from that. Thanks for all the info in this thread.

There was a picture taken of them backstage with moz which must be on this site somewhere.

there was a poster of that in the nme ages ago, got it on my wall :)

Yep, but they pulled out in last minute.

5th November 2002 gig was one of my favourites because it was my birthday, too!:)

Back
Top Bottom