When People Get Angry When People Speculate Over Mozzer's Sexuality

S

Summers

Guest
I hate it when people get mad when others speculate over Morrissey's sexuality because the person who should take the blame for "building a mystery" (as Sarah McGlaughlan would say) is Morrissey himself. The reason it really bugs me is because he pretends that he's just private and he doesn't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is it's a marketing ploy. He knows if his fans think he may be interested in either gender they will think they have a shot with him and buy more records and concert tickets. That's why he taunts the fans to climb over bouncers and molest him onstage. Why do you think Morrissey has never married or admitted if he was in a committed relationship? Because if he did his stalkers could lose interest and big promoting web-sites like morrissey-solo (which he doesn't have to pay for) might disappear. When he did an interview for the Melody Maker in '97 and said he had a love affair, but wouldn't even admit the gender of his lover that took the cake! If I had a boyfriend who wouldn't admit to other people he was with me I'd think he was ashamed of me and I'd dump him too! Then there's the lyrics--all about how lonely he is and how someone should just reach out and connect with him. All the gay and straight references are ambiguous and blurred. You don't know if he's just toying with imagery or if he's sincere. So when fans get frustrated and start questioning the nature of Morrissey try to be more understanding.
 
M

Mimi

Guest
Ever considered that it's just none of anyone's business?? It's not a marketing tool, he's just got every damn right to keep his privacy to himself, and just because he makes records for us to buy doesn't mean we are buying the rights to this side of him too. Fact.

It's very human - famous or not - to not want to have your sexuality discussed in public.

Besides, to think that he'd sell any considerable amount of records less just because he would stop keeping quiet about his sex life is pretty far fetched - otherwise, that would apply to other artists too, wouldn't it?
 
N

no one important

Guest
> When he did an interview for the
> Melody Maker in '97 and said he had a love affair, but wouldn't even admit
> the gender of his lover that took the cake! If I had a boyfriend who
> wouldn't admit to other people he was with me I'd think he was ashamed of
> me and I'd dump him too!

Although I agree with most of what you said, celebs routinely deny who they are involved with. Morrissey isn't the only one to do that.

I would guess that celebs keep parts of their love life private for their own peace of mind and privacy -- especailly if their significant other is not in the industry.
 
F

Fox in the Snow

Guest
Moz forecoming "happy" album

> I hate it when people get mad when others speculate over Morrissey's
> sexuality because the person who should take the blame for "building
> a mystery" (as Sarah McGlaughlan would say) is Morrissey himself. The
> reason it really bugs me is because he pretends that he's just private and
> he doesn't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is it's a marketing
> ploy. He knows if his fans think he may be interested in either gender
> they will think they have a shot with him and buy more records and concert
> tickets. That's why he taunts the fans to climb over bouncers and molest
> him onstage. Why do you think Morrissey has never married or admitted if
> he was in a committed relationship? Because if he did his stalkers could
> lose interest and big promoting web-sites like morrissey-solo (which he
> doesn't have to pay for) might disappear. When he did an interview for the
> Melody Maker in '97 and said he had a love affair, but wouldn't even admit
> the gender of his lover that took the cake! If I had a boyfriend who
> wouldn't admit to other people he was with me I'd think he was ashamed of
> me and I'd dump him too! Then there's the lyrics--all about how lonely he
> is and how someone should just reach out and connect with him. All the gay
> and straight references are ambiguous and blurred. You don't know if he's
> just toying with imagery or if he's sincere. So when fans get frustrated
> and start questioning the nature of Morrissey try to be more
> understanding.
I'm SO angry now... Ar-r-r-rrrrr... LOL... Hey, seriously, good point made, Moz may be a little pre-calculating in his angst... Maybe he was indeed genuinely unhappy at Smiths days, but now he seems to find his happiness in love (to whom: Stipe, Courtney L, some East LA Mexican James Dean-ish dude with a quiff, we don't know) and posh LA Hollywood Hills lifestyle. Look at Chris and Mozrebel pictures, now Moz seems very satisfied with his life, gaining some bulk, some middle-age stoic calm and knowing confidence "been here, seen that", and no one ought to blame him for this. Moz is not a statue or mummy, he evolves, yeh, he ages... I'm really intrigued... about Moz forecoming HAPPY AS A CLAM album... I would give Moz extra credit, if he would try to really reinvent himself... I'm intrigued... in a positive sense of the word...
 
C

charmer

Guest
> it really bugs me is because he pretends that he's just private and
> he doesn't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is it's a marketing
> ploy. He knows if his fans think he may be interested in either gender
> they will think they have a shot with him and buy more records and concert
> tickets. That's why he taunts the fans to climb over bouncers and molest
> him onstage.

hmmmm..... so because of this ambiguity people feel more inclined to buy records, tickets, etc? Eh? Perhaps most fans aren't as shallow as yourself. I don't quite understand your point. Morrissey is ambiguous therefore they buy concert tickets in the hope that they can molest him onstage? OK. Think it through then come back to us
 
R

Raymond Marks

Guest
I am bisexual but no one knows

No one at work or my friends know. and why should they. it is not a marketing ploy to be be liked by everyone at work. so why should it be for Moz.
the two males i have had a relationship with know, but thats all and why should anyone else have knowledge of it?? same with Morrissey. and lets face it, if he has had relationships with men, do you not think one of them would have confessed to the Sunday papers by now????
As a previous writer explained, what difference does it make to Moz fans. It makes none..... and your prejudice wont keep you warm tonight.....
 
S

Summers

Guest
Morrissey is not ambiguous, he's deceptive and manipulative.

> hmmmm..... so because of this ambiguity people feel more inclined to buy
> records, tickets, etc? Eh? Perhaps most fans aren't as shallow as
> yourself. I don't quite understand your point. Morrissey is ambiguous
> therefore they buy concert tickets in the hope that they can molest him
> onstage? OK. Think it through then come back to us
 
T

The Last White Fan

Guest
Morrissey is gay,

and good for him,

TLWF

> I hate it when people get mad when others speculate over Morrissey's
> sexuality because the person who should take the blame for "building
> a mystery" (as Sarah McGlaughlan would say) is Morrissey himself. The
> reason it really bugs me is because he pretends that he's just private and
> he doesn't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is it's a marketing
> ploy. He knows if his fans think he may be interested in either gender
> they will think they have a shot with him and buy more records and concert
> tickets. That's why he taunts the fans to climb over bouncers and molest
> him onstage. Why do you think Morrissey has never married or admitted if
> he was in a committed relationship? Because if he did his stalkers could
> lose interest and big promoting web-sites like morrissey-solo (which he
> doesn't have to pay for) might disappear. When he did an interview for the
> Melody Maker in '97 and said he had a love affair, but wouldn't even admit
> the gender of his lover that took the cake! If I had a boyfriend who
> wouldn't admit to other people he was with me I'd think he was ashamed of
> me and I'd dump him too! Then there's the lyrics--all about how lonely he
> is and how someone should just reach out and connect with him. All the gay
> and straight references are ambiguous and blurred. You don't know if he's
> just toying with imagery or if he's sincere. So when fans get frustrated
> and start questioning the nature of Morrissey try to be more
> understanding.
 
T

The Last White Fan

Guest
Get a clue he has been playing that game since the smiths,
nothing has changed.

except now if he went public with his sexuality
he runs the risk of one of his mexican fans knifing him
because they went and tatooed a gay man on their arm

Morrissey is gay, deal with it or find a new hero...

> hmmmm..... so because of this ambiguity people feel more inclined to buy
> records, tickets, etc? Eh? Perhaps most fans aren't as shallow as
> yourself. I don't quite understand your point. Morrissey is ambiguous
> therefore they buy concert tickets in the hope that they can molest him
> onstage? OK. Think it through then come back to us
 
T

The Last White Fan

Guest
Not really, it can appear that way
he is mostly just a spoiled brat
but I still love him,

> Morrissey is not ambiguous, he's deceptive and manipulative.
 
I

I keep mine hiden

Guest
Morrissey was one of the most androgenous, gay pop stars of 80's. People can spend their time to prove he's not gay as much as they want, but you don't need to be a genius to notice his homossexuality. On the other hand, he seems to be completely different off stage, I mean, very shy and discreet. He surely has nothing to win, saying to his public about his private life, AAND, let's not forget gays are a target in our society, and I'm sure Morrissey doens't want to boast his secrets to a starving arena. No one likes to see their private lives being discussed like this. It's embarrassing when people start to point their fingers.
 
L

LoafingOaf

Guest
> I hate it when people get mad when others speculate over Morrissey's
> sexuality because the person who should take the blame for "building
> a mystery" (as Sarah McGlaughlan would say) is Morrissey himself. The
> reason it really bugs me is because he pretends that he's just private and
> he doesn't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is it's a marketing
> ploy. He knows if his fans think he may be interested in either gender
> they will think they have a shot with him

Is there one fan who has seriously thought he or she had a "shot"
at Morrissey? Please!

>and buy more records and concert
> tickets. That's why he taunts the fans to climb over bouncers and molest
> him onstage. Why do you think Morrissey has never married or admitted if
> he was in a committed relationship? Because if he did his stalkers could
> lose interest and big promoting web-sites like morrissey-solo (which he
> doesn't have to pay for) might disappear. When he did an interview for the
> Melody Maker in '97 and said he had a love affair, but wouldn't even admit
> the gender of his lover that took the cake! If I had a boyfriend who
> wouldn't admit to other people he was with me I'd think he was ashamed of
> me and I'd dump him too! Then there's the lyrics--all about how lonely he
> is and how someone should just reach out and connect with him. All the gay
> and straight references are ambiguous and blurred. You don't know if he's
> just toying with imagery or if he's sincere. So when fans get frustrated
> and start questioning the nature of Morrissey try to be more
> understanding.
 
W

wicked wendy

Guest
> Morrissey is not ambiguous, he's deceptive and manipulative.

Blimey, America is harbouring a terrorist !!

Thank you for sharing this crucial insight with the rest of us.
 
F

Fox in the Snow

Guest
Are white people ah so gay-lovin'?

> Get a clue he has been playing that game since the smiths,
> nothing has changed.

> except now if he went public with his sexuality
> he runs the risk of one of his mexican fans knifing him
> because they went and tatooed a gay man on their arm

> Morrissey is gay, deal with it or find a new hero...
LMAO...
Last White Fan, Mexicans (and Argentinians like myself) would not knife you, but collectively tickle you to the insanity... LOL
You are a rare breed of a self-loving prissy idiot, you are very special... in a sense of a special kind of an idiot. I'm sure all your info about Mexicans comes from watching too many bad Police Dramas and/or semi-fake "documentaries" on TV like NYPD Blue or LAPD or Cops. ("Drop this gun, Rivera!" LOL...) Maybe if you would leave your TV at home and go out to the real World, you would lose at least some of your prejudices and misconceptions about Spanish-speaking people.

BTW, if all white people are so wonderful and gay-loving and enlightened, I challenge you to wear Doc Martens, Gucci jeans and Smiths T-shirt (with four boys on it) and walk in at any working class predominantly-white Orange County's Anaheim or Fullerton area's bar... then sit on the stool leg over leg, smoke Dunhill and order daquiri. Now I doubt you will make outta there at one piece... (Personally I prefer Rage and Mickey over Anaheim Sports Bar, Smile...)

So, are you immune to tickling, white boy...?
 
C

charmer

Guest
> Morrissey is not ambiguous, he's deceptive and manipulative.

How? Who is he deceiving and about what? Are you still arguing that because Morrissey's fans don't 'know' his sexuality they buy more records? Is this why you bought records? It's not why I have done. Have I been manipulated? You're terribly cynical
 
M

me

Guest
> Get a clue he has been playing that game since the smiths,
> nothing has changed.

> except now if he went public with his sexuality
> he runs the risk of one of his mexican fans knifing him
> because they went and tatooed a gay man on their arm

> Morrissey is gay, deal with it or find a new hero...

Oh be quiet hillbilly...
 
M

me

Guest
Re: Are white people ah so gay-lovin'?

> LMAO...
> Last White Fan, Mexicans (and Argentinians like myself) would not knife
> you, but collectively tickle you to the insanity... LOL
> You are a rare breed of a self-loving prissy idiot, you are very
> special... in a sense of a special kind of an idiot. I'm sure all your
> info about Mexicans comes from watching too many bad Police Dramas and/or
> semi-fake "documentaries" on TV like NYPD Blue or LAPD or Cops.
> ("Drop this gun, Rivera!" LOL...) Maybe if you would leave your
> TV at home and go out to the real World, you would lose at least some of
> your prejudices and misconceptions about Spanish-speaking people.

> BTW, if all white people are so wonderful and gay-loving and enlightened,
> I challenge you to wear Doc Martens, Gucci jeans and Smiths T-shirt (with
> four boys on it) and walk in at any working class predominantly-white
> Orange County's Anaheim or Fullerton area's bar... then sit on the stool

LOL fox...you are so right on...
> leg over leg, smoke Dunhill and order daquiri. Now I doubt you will make
> outta there at one piece... (Personally I prefer Rage and Mickey over
> Anaheim Sports Bar, Smile...)

> So, are you immune to tickling, white boy...?
 
W

women haters of the world unite

Guest
> Is there one fan who has seriously thought he or she had a
> "shot"
> at Morrissey? Please!
Is there one fan who really wanted a "shot" at Morrissey in the past say 4 years? He's gained a lot of weight, he's unemployed, he's losing all his hair and he has a nasty attitude.
 
W

women haters of the world unite

Guest
Re: Are white people ah so gay-lovin'?

PS. Thanks to Chris and the guy in the blue flowered shirt Moz now prefers women and stalkers do get a shot at Moz. See Alain, Spencer, and Jake.
 
Top Bottom