Where/how did you meet your current/last partner?

Where/how did you meet your current/last partner?

• Friend of a friend

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • At work

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Internet dating

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Internet (other)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • At a wedding

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • On holiday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Approached (or was approached) in a bar/club

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Not telling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Never really been out with anyone properly

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Went out to buy a loaf of bread but ended up in the pub instead. He came in and saw me sat there on my own, felt sorry for me and we had a few drinks together and then went for fish and chips. That's romance for you in Yorkshire:D

awe,that is sweet.

Yeah it is I guess. Now we're hitched. The one before that was my manager, and the one before that I met at a club (totally hot, but totally dumb), and the one before that was (not joking) in a Del Taco drive-thru (you know the 3am car to car thing), and before that at a cemetery (don't ask).

I have mixed feelings about dating and the internet. I know people who have met others that they are currently either are dating, engaged to, or married to through the internet.

However, there is a downside to using a medium in which you don't stick with your usual social circles. There are some real lulu's.

For example, if you want to meet that special someone who you are going to have to pick up from the bus stop on your first date, who you end up marrying 2 weeks later, and who absconds with thousands of your money, then Craig's List is the place.

How is a 'social circle' contstructed anyway, it's just by accident. At least on the internet they might have the same interests as you, be that gardening, stamp collecting, or bdsm.
There are nutters. But there's a lot of nutters just in life anyway. I grew up with three, for example (well, five if you count me and my mum as well). :)

My boyfriend was my lecturer at university (I was a mature student). I waitied till the end of term and asked if we could meet up to 'discuss lecturing' (bless him, he didn't get it at all!) That was seven and a half years ago :guitar:

My boyfriend was my lecturer at university (I was a mature student). I waitied till the end of term and asked if we could meet up to 'discuss lecturing' (bless him, he didn't get it at all!) That was seven and a half years ago :guitar:

High five to you! :clap:

It took my h 8 years to notice that I like him... :rolleyes:

At a Tool tribute band. Ick. I should have known :(

We met at a government training course, although he wouldn't talk to me much when we were on the course. Then we both went for the same job & I got it. After a few months he also got a government job, emailed me & then we started meeting for Friday night drinks.

I 'd like to think I chose the 'right' partner because of this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/aug/13/medicalresearch.medicaladvicefortravellers

Apparently, contraceptive pill may result in women choosing the wrong partner

Ok, well, we met in a class freshman year of college. The class was unbelievably boring, and after a few weeks, we'd caught each other's eyes and started to sit next to each other. It turns out that she lived in the dorm next to mine, and my room looked out over her room. We started spending all our time together, as friends, and things got more serious a few months later after she'd extricated herself from a bad relationship and I had a falling out with a high school friend of mine whom I was madly in love with.

In another 2 months, it'll have been 18 years since I met her in that classroom. :sweet:

Something along these lines. College, dorms, late at night, drinking, some misinformation, a bad kiss, an apology, etc. 17 years ago. If it hadn't been for the misinformation, it would have stopped right there.

There was an interesting looking man watching me at the Art Insitute a couple of weeks ago, but I really am not in a position to launch into anything new at this point.

Met Brian on the interwebs. I was looking through the Yahoo member directory for someone to chat with that had similar interests. He listed a lot of the music I like, The Cure, Depeche Mode etc. And he was local so I messaged him. We chatted a few brief times and stopped then again like 5 or 6 months later we chatted more and met for coffee. I had a boyfriend at the time but it was on it's way out. Brian thought I hated him when we met the first time. Anyway, we hung out a few more times, went to a club night where I got drunk and we had fun. Not that kind of fun, ew. Next day I broke up with the bf and we started officially dating 2 weeks later.

Oh yes, I've met most of my exes on the interwebs as well. I suck at meeting people in person. I think there was only once or twice I've connected with a guy in a normal situation, like at a party or whatever.

Yeah it is I guess. Now we're hitched. The one before that was my manager, and the one before that I met at a club (totally hot, but totally dumb), and the one before that was (not joking) in a Del Taco drive-thru (you know the 3am car to car thing), and before that at a cemetery (don't ask).

i have a relationship taco drive thru story,though mine is a bit different,i wanted to break up with a g/f,we had been living together and dating for about a year and a half,but she was only home every other weekend because of a job she had,so i finally was like i cant deal with this and did the cowardly call to break up with her,she in her car,in a taco bell drive thru,long wait and line,so by the time she ordered her number three combo or whatever the dead was done.

did i mention her birthday was two days away?

yeah im a terrible person.:rolleyes::cool:

i have a relationship taco drive thru story,though mine is a bit different,i wanted to break up with a g/f,we had been living together and dating for about a year and a half,but she was only home every other weekend because of a job she had,so i finally was like i cant deal with this and did the cowardly call to break up with her,she in her car,in a taco bell drive thru,long wait and line,so by the time she ordered her number three combo or whatever the dead was done.

did i mention her birthday was two days away?

yeah im a terrible person.:rolleyes::cool:
That sucks cause you know she got to the window and grande sized it.

Back
Top Bottom