which is morrissey's favourite O.Wilde book?

miryam_moz85

MiryamLoopDeLi
maybe someone know it...i have some Wilde books..but not all so far..would be very interesting to know that..so if you have any infos..don't be shy;)

maybe someone know it...i have some Wilde books..but not all so far..would be very interesting to know that..so if you have any infos..don't be shy;)

Always thought Wilde only wrote one proper novel: The Portrait of Dorian Gray. Still I could be wrong. He wrote loads of plays, I suspect the The Importance of Being Earnest was one of his most popular (a very humorous read). Also, loads of poems, short stories. Today, one can pretty much purchase an anthology of everything Wilde wrote.

Sorry, I cannot get in the Master's head and tell you what he liked the best; however I would wager it is Wilde's writing style, i.e. the wit and humor.:)

i allways liked his fairy tales the best ...even though that wasn't really the question :]

Always thought Wilde only wrote one proper novel: The Portrait of Dorian Gray.

I need this clearing up :p - is it Portrait of Dorian Gray or Picture of Dorian Gray? The copy I have says 'Picture' but I have often heard 'Portrait' being used, were there different editions?

Yes I am a pedant.

i allways liked his fairy tales the best ...even though that wasn't really the question :]
have you got a special one you would approve?? Maybe i haven't read it, yet...;)

It is 'The Picture of Dorian Gray', and yeah it was his only published novel.
I recall reading somewhere that upon being asked what his favourite Wilde offering was, Morrissey replied, "Oscar Wilde: The Complete Works" or something along those lines.

have you got a special one you would approve?? Maybe i haven't read it, yet...;)

mmm.. The Star Child, The Young King and the Happy Prince are my favorites. And also his most well-known fairy tales i guess.. :]

I feel like a bit of a philistine...I've never really read any Wilde, I attempted 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' but I found it really hard to get in to and tedious...

Its Decay of lying, i know that for sure. I am great fan of Oscar since 1995. And i didnt know that Moz loves him that much too!

I need this clearing up :p - is it Portrait of Dorian Gray or Picture of Dorian Gray? The copy I have says 'Picture' but I have often heard 'Portrait' being used, were there different editions?

Yes I am a pedant.

I always get them confused... There is a painted portrait in the novel, so my mind always leaps to that. I usually Google it to make sure, but I was feeling lazy yesterday. Now I have brought much shame to Morrissey-Solo...:(

Back
Top Bottom