Which is Morrissey's worst album cover?

Which is Morrissey's worst album cover?

• Total voters
Morrissey's artwork seems to have declined somewhat since the Peepholism compendium. However I do like the covers of Ringleader and Years has grown on me as a cover. THe singles have been absolutely shocking since the comeback (apart from You Have Killed Me Disc2), Paris and Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

You look at the covers for Viva ahte, Kill Bugle, Your Arsenandall, Vauxhall. All quite majestic.

Best solo single covers; Everyday, Our Frank, We Hate It, Certain People and the Roger Manning ones for Interlude and Roy's Keen

Bluebirds - take a quick look at LMKY, which I linked above. That was a refreshing photograph. You're right though - the art isn't what it once was generally.

The reissue of 'Maladjusted' looks urbane and sassy but it doesn't quite fit the mood of the record. In fact, the original art did that quite nicely. It was anxious, bored and wishing it was somewhere else.

hmmmm

Morrissey's artwork seems to have declined somewhat since the Peepholism compendium. However I do like the covers of Ringleader and Years has grown on me as a cover. THe singles have been absolutely shocking since the comeback (apart from You Have Killed Me Disc2), Paris and Something Is Squeezing My Skull.

You look at the covers for Viva ahte, Kill Bugle, Your Arsenandall, Vauxhall. All quite majestic.

Best solo single covers; Everyday, Our Frank, We Hate It, Certain People and the Roger Manning ones for Interlude and Roy's Keen

Roger Manning is the keyboard player of YATQ and YOR.

The phtographer's name is Roger Mayne, not Manning.

Last edited:
Re: hmmmm

I wouldn't say 'Swords' sleeve photo is worst, but my least favourite Morrissey album cover.

Hopefully Morrissey's next release will have a nice photo.

I couldn't give a shit what the cover looks like as long as the songs are decent!

Jukebox Jury

Re: hmmmm

Roger Manning is the keyboard player of YATQ and YOR.

The phtographer's name is Roger Mayne, not Manning.

Thanks for the correction, Boxing Days in work aren't what they were (nor my memory for that matter)

You Are the Quarry. He's got a gun in his hand and Morrissey doesn't take shots, he knocks people out in the ring. :D

I'm surprised how many dislike the covers of Bona Drag and Kill Uncle, especially Bona Drag. I think they're both really beautiful, some of my favourites! :(

Otherwise, considering the original topic of this thread, I won't vote or anything. It's blasphemous. ;)

I'm surprised how many dislike the covers of Bona Drag and Kill Uncle, especially Bona Drag. I think they're both really beautiful, some of my favourites! :(

Otherwise, considering the original topic of this thread, I won't vote or anything. It's blasphemous. ;)

Kill Uncle is magnificently pretentious. I once bought it as a poster for my wall as a teenager.

The Bona Drag cover is very good too but I preferred the photograph of him standing against a streetlamp, quiffed up and looking deeply reflective. I've forgotten the single sleeve it was on.

For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night and thought to myself the Under The Influence cover, as featured on bailiff's avatar, is a good un. And then I went back to sleep.

The Kill Uncle cover is probably my favourite. Although I loved the press advert for the Sing Your Life single more (and had that as a poster as a teen as well as the Tench Street one as featured in Bona Drag)

For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night and thought to myself the Under The Influence cover, as featured on bailiff's avatar, is a good un. And then I went back to sleep.

The Kill Uncle cover is probably my favourite. Although I loved the press advert for the Sing Your Life single more (and had that as a poster as a teen as well as the Tench Street one as featured in Bona Drag)

Thank you. Your superior Morrissey knowledge is revealed.

I love the 'Tench Street' picture. It's melodrama, Morrissey-style.

Maladjusted is the worst, but I was never mad about that stern glare of Vauxhall either.

EDIT: Maladjusted original, btw.

I didn't see an option for Subpar Grandma (original issue), so I voted for the next worst, Swords.

Moz still photographs magnificently, so why they had to use that unflattering shot of him looking constipated or like an escaped convict pausing for a breather in the midst of burying the body perplexes me.

The original SG cover was so hideous in the mid-90s I put a promo poster of it in the kitchen so I would lose my appetite. Apparently it worked because I was the slimmest at that time in 15 years.

Morrissey-Southpaw-Grammer-49639.jpg

BULIMIA BANQUET -- Why should the party ever end?

The Vauxhall sleeve is beautiful. It's melancholic and understated rather than stern. I didn't mind the original Southpaw Grammar sleeve. The only criticism from me is the colour. It could have done with being a little more colourful: monochrome sleeve art invariably looks bland and tires one before one has even set off on the musical journey of the album. I sometimes find my perception of listening to albums is influenced by the sleeve. Black with bright colours always works well, I think. I suffer from synaesthesia.

This is a particularly stylish cover, despite being black and white (the green lifts it):

Last edited:
Tags
eyesore
Back
Top Bottom