Which song is much better live ?

'You're gonna need someone...' is brilliiant on 'Your Arsenal', but the live version on 'Beethoven...' is even better. just pure power.

'You're gonna need someone...' is brilliiant on 'Your Arsenal', but the live version on 'Beethoven...' is just pure power. Simply great.

I have to disagree. The voice is too loud, the guitars too quiet, the drums and bass stumble along rather than keeping time - and Morrissey hits more bum notes than a laryngitic madonna dancing her way through 'Hung Up.'

Ripper and especially Seasick were the loveliest fare on that disc.

'Jack' and 'Seasick' are also great but just i love 'You're gonna need'. With all its faults it seems to have more energy than the album version. or maybe it's just me...:crazy:

'Jack' and 'Seasick' are also great but just i love 'You're gonna need'. With all its faults it seems to have more energy than the album version. or maybe it's just me...:crazy:

Oh you're right. When it comes to energy, it's blessed with bucketloads.

I think the album version of 'Gonna Need' is a bit stunted. To play a song like that, you need a great guitarist. Moz just had Alain and Boz.

The huge timpani drum and oddball instruments really make these songs live:
How Soon Is Now
I Will See You in Far Off Places
Pigsty

Death of a Disco Dancer (I love the distorted air-raid sounding keyboard end)

Seasick
Daddy's Voice
Ganglord
IBEH
The Loop (I love M's off-kilter wail just before each break, not sure if that's on the recorded version)
See the Boy Happy (I love hearing Mikey Farrell's trombone solo ending live, even if musically it's best on the album)
I'm OK By Myself (I personally like Solomon's long bass ending)

And of course Let Me Kiss You, because everyone knows there's about to be a shirt fight soon...

So true, especially the Beethoven Was Deaf version. It has a lot more energy live I think.

Sister was one of the songs I didn't like live. It sounds more melodic on the studio version.

Sister was one of the songs I didn't like live. It sounds more melodic on the studio version.

All songs on NWD sounds as rockabilly - and it's really good. I remember that I didn't like the studio version of "Certain people I know" but when I have listen it live I started to love it - on both versions.

anything from Ringleader, definitely, but really I agree with "all of them".

How Soon Is Now?
We'll Let You Know
Ganglord
I Will See You In Far-off Places
The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
Jack The Ripper

Back
Top Bottom