Which song would you like Morrissey to open with live

Kewpie

Subscriber
I'm not a fan of listing threads, but I'm so bored right now.

My choice is Billy Budd.

Over to you, guys!

Last edited:
Re: Which song would you like Morrissey to sing

Having seen him several times, I think "Shoplifters of the World Unite" works very nicely. It's still one of his more popular songs and is a crowd pleaser. It also has a good energy for an opener.

This Charming Man might work nicely as well.

Now my Heart is Full, maybe The Operation or Handsome Devil(never happen)

Oooohhhh...yes! That "Batman riff" would be great live!

I'd like to hear him sing Heart of Glass by Blondie while he does the Saturday Night fever white suit dance. The deal would be that he gets $50 million to either do this or reform The Smiths and he chooses this.

I would love him to sing Back To The Old House but he never will...

Found, found, found.

I'd love "Now My Heart is Full" to make a return. I don't believe that's been done since 2006.

Others that would be a nice surprise: Piccadilly Palare, Trouble Loves Me, We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful, Sunny, Certain People I Know, There is a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends, The Operation, Panic.

It's also criminal that Interesting Drug only got two airings in 2007 (speaking from experience, having been lucky enough to hear it in New York) and Sheila Take a Bow only one in 2012. Mainly because they sounded so GOOD live.

And I'd never tire of "Sister I'm a Poet" mainly because it's been reinvented three times over the years, as pop, rockabilly, and rock.

Edit: I misread the purpose of this thread. I see it's intent was to discuss opening songs. Mine above are choices in general.

Last edited:

I'd love to see Morrissey swing for the fences and perform a cover version of Madleen Kane's 1979 epic "You and I." It would either bring the house down or leave the entire audience in a collective stunned silence. It could go either way. It'd be interesting to see him give it a try.

If he went the more conventional route, and performed one of his (or Smiths) classics, I'd pick "The Headmaster Ritual!" I also like Harsh Truth's picks of "Piccadilly Palare" and "Sunny."

Mute witness would be great

Disappointed he dropped 'I want the one i can't have' from opening as that always got the pit warmed up

Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together.

Mute Witness would be great

Back
Top Bottom