Who remembers "The Next Smiths" according to The NME - The Wedding Present

Wow Mat I had no idea you frequented these boards. I've been a fan of your youtube wedoes covers for years. Three is not a favourite but still your here, there are a few around these parts who like me love the wedding present, fan from george best, in fact one of the few bands I travelled to see. why do you always video in front of the same door, for years do you live in a shoe box?

Have you ever seen johnny Marrs, own Mat Durrance on you tube? danielearwicker this kids a class act.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qVze-Rb_E&list=UUQ7lYYP3Y2CbwcwWVIyjJrw&index=10&feature=plcp

I remember David Gedge was very flattered and I believe Moz was a fan.

I remember this being reported, although I m also mindful of a story a friend of mine tells. During the kill uncle tour my pal got on stage and approached Morrissey with a wedding present t shirt on, Morrissey took his hand but stepped back with a mock look of "what on earth is that tat your wearing"on his face. So maybe not a massive fan or maybe just didn't recognise the shirt as a wedding present offering.

I remember this being reported, although I m also mindful of a story a friend of mine tells. During the kill uncle tour my pal got on stage and approached Morrissey with a wedding present t shirt on, Morrissey took his hand but stepped back with a mock look of "what on earth is that tat your wearing"on his face. So maybe not a massive fan or maybe just didn't recognise the shirt as a wedding present offering.

If it was a George Best T-shirt, well he has a slight issue with him. Haha. Looking forward to Friday?

I am, and have been since i bought tickets, never thought we'd see Devoto doing spiral scratch i'm a sucker for nostalgia. I shall be wearing my England is mine t shirt say hello if spotted in the bar. You can tell me about Moz's issue with Georgie.
Iregular Regular, are you going on friday Pm me if you want to get a drink first.

Used to really like them, and also their brilliant alter egos The Ukrainians. With their excellent Smiths covers inUkrainian. But the next Smiths they never remotely were.

Wow Mat I had no idea you frequented these boards. I've been a fan of your youtube wedoes covers for years. Three is not a favourite but still your here, there are a few around these parts who like me love the wedding present, fan from george best, in fact one of the few bands I travelled to see. why do you always video in front of the same door, for years do you live in a shoe box?

Have you ever seen johnny Marrs, own Mat Durrance on you tube? danielearwicker this kids a class act.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qVze-Rb_E&list=UUQ7lYYP3Y2CbwcwWVIyjJrw&index=10&feature=plcp

Mr Earwicker is super duper. Very talented. By any chance, do you know of the Danish band "Northern Portrait" ?

No i hadn't so I've just you tubed them and found crazy, nice little ditty,I shall continue investigating. thanks.

Never liked Northern Portrait...I think he tries too hard to write lyrics like Morrissey.

My Chair and Door are a trademark...I'll be auctioning them off on ebay one day. I love the fact that people think its my bedroom/toilet/understair's cupboard/Parlour/Refectory/Gym/Cellar/Loft/Play Room/Music Room/Panic Room/Crypt/Monk-Hole etc...

What's happening Friday? Am I missing something great? I'm playing in Mile End on Saturday with @TenderObjects but Friday free...

What's happening Friday? Am I missing something great? I'm playing in Mile End on Saturday with @TenderObjects but Friday free...

Buzzcocks are playing two gigs they'vd called "back to front". The first at apollo Manchester, where the three main phases of the band do there thing,first the band as is now with whipper snappers on bass and drums, then Garvey/Maher "Love bites" era do a set, the night to finish with Howard Devotto joining the band play first and only EP he made with them "spiral Scratch" like I said I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Especially punk nostalgia.

Yes. Shame on them. Imagine loving The Smiths and daring to be inspired...

You can to be a bit original...I know he writes his own lyrics. But he sings like Morrissey and he write likes Morrissey. He's just trying way to hard. If the guitarist had played different to Marr, then I suppose they wouldn't be labelled as Smiths much.

I am, and have been since i bought tickets, never thought we'd see Devoto doing spiral scratch i'm a sucker for nostalgia. I shall be wearing my England is mine t shirt say hello if spotted in the bar. You can tell me about Moz's issue with Georgie.
Iregular Regular, are you going on friday Pm me if you want to get a drink first.

Hi mate, no I won't be able to make it on Friday.
Work got in the way of this one...
Have a fantastic time, I am sure you will.
See you at the M.E.N. Arena.

By the way, the weddoes are a really good band, not in the same league as The Smiths but still very good.
My favourite songs are Three, Dalliance and Corduroy.

Cheers,

I.R.

Soon as David met some floozy from this website the band more or less disappeared and got very anonymous but are still very much appreciated by their little hardcore group of fans. They tour the world on the cheap and play weird venues and sell merchandise and that's it. No glamour and a lot of hard work.

Soon as David met some floozy from this website the band more or less disappeared and got very anonymous but are still very much appreciated by their little hardcore group of fans. They tour the world on the cheap and play weird venues and sell merchandise and that's it. No glamour and a lot of hard work.

Interesting comment please expand, the long hiatus with Cinerama seemed to do the we'd does no favours, I have to admit being shocked how few people were at the Blackpool gig when the did return, but I loved that night to be fair even though I seemed relatively alone.

Back
Top Bottom