Who wrote this!? (wikipedia)

rogue_rebellions

What is a facebook?
"The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye" is followed-up by "(I'm) The End of the Family Line". The singer rues that he will never have children, an insult into the "fifteen generations...of mine" that produced him. There is a hint that the reason for this is that protagonist is homosexual, as he sings that these generations were "all honoring nature, until I arrive...with incredible style".[7] The lyrics are complemented by a subdued guitar backing, and the song features the kind of false fadeout that first appeared on such Smiths songs as "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore".

Homosexuality? Really? That's what you got from it? I would have thought an exceptional pair of wing tips! ha

Not that I'm upset, or delighted, I just think it's a gross interpretation of Morrissey's work. I know it has to do with the 'is he/isn't he' but I could care less. I find it irresponsible. The person who wrote this references LASID but after reading it, it does not mention "a hint of homosexuality". Really now!

Now I know most of you (if not all of you) think, 'this is wikipedia, no one takes it seriously!", but it is an excellent resource for information (I apologize Mr. Colbert) and was wondering how all of you felt.

Yeah, well... we're used to these hints and slips and red herrings. They're his specialty. That's a valid reading of the lyrics.

You're probably going to be slammed for bringing up the old "is he or isn't he" question, but the charm and appeal I find in his lyrics and persona is more about how he could be one, or he could be the other, or he could be both. The actual facts don't matter, the art lies in the way he plays and denies and contradicts himself. He really creates a space in which sexuality is a fluid construct. The hints and clues seem like fun, while the actual truth is a very private matter. In this way, he's very old-fashioned. He seems to have respect for sex and physical intimacy in a way that... nobody does anymore.

So the question isn't "is he gay or not?" but "how do you feel about your shoes?" :rolleyes:

Wouldn't honoring nature also be interpreted as having sex and Morrissey, a self-proclaimed celibate at the time, was not doing that?

I'm trying to look on the bright side.

Why do homosexuals try to make everything about them? Sometimes it's true but in this case is stretching it. MORRISSEY IS NOT GAY. I even believe he's been intimate with men but that doesn't necessarily label him as gay. The mind/body wants what it wants. Pure and simple. There shouldn't be any labels.

holy ghost!
i really can't believe this discussion! wake up all you denying straight folks and face r-e-a-l-i-t-y!!* you might feel better :thumb:

(* for those who have difficulties reading between the lines, he, of course, IS GAY, ask sandie shaw)

holy ghost!
i really can't believe this discussion! wake up all you denying straight folks and face r-e-a-l-i-t-y!!* you might feel better :thumb:

(* for those who have difficulties reading between the lines, he, of course, IS GAY, ask sandie shaw)

And who might you be? :D

I don't think that a person who says things like "I refuse to recognize the terms hetero-, bi-, and homo-sexual. Everybody has exactly the same sexual needs. People are just sexual, the prefix is immaterial." would be clearly gay.

For people who have defined themselves as either gay or straight this might maybe not make sense or sound like a bad excuse, but to me it makes perfect sense, because that is the way I feel.

I don't believe Morrissey is clearly gay. If he was he would already have outspoken it unequivocally. Maybe he's a bisexual. Maybe he's just sexually confused. Maybe it is the individual personality of someone that attracts him, not the gender. Maybe he's asexual. And maybe he is even straight or gay. But we don't really know, so it would be bold towards him to come to a final conclusion.

holy ghost!

for someone posting their 1st post, your certainly full of yourself.
I believe you've been here before. yes?

and to those who still pretend not to know,
let's listen to what his intimate friend sandie has to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52NAsxymGw

(go to 4:40 min for the "homoerotic" part)

"Homoerotic" is not the same as gay. Apart from that she's speaking about his work, not him as a privare person. Of course his works are homoerotic, a lot of it, no one claimed that he is straight, but homoerotic is not the only kind of erotic he offers.
Why should I have a problem with him being gay? If there is something that I am not, then that is homophobic. I just hate that everything always has to categorized, put in a drawer, like "gay", "straight"...whatever. I don't like him being judged by people who don't know. And we don't know. So don't claim anything without actually knowing.

"Homoerotic" is not the same as gay. Apart from that she's speaking about his work, not him as a privare person. Of course his works are homoerotic, a lot of it, no one claimed that he is straight, but homoerotic is not the only kind of erotic he offers.
Why should I have a problem with him being gay? If there is something that I am not, then that is homophobic. I just hate that everything always has to categorized, put in a drawer, like "gay", "straight"...whatever. I don't like him being judged by people who don't know. And we don't know. So don't claim anything without actually knowing.

well said:)

Why do homosexuals try to make everything about them? Sometimes it's true but in this case is stretching it. MORRISSEY IS NOT GAY. I even believe he's been intimate with men but that doesn't necessarily label him as gay. The mind/body wants what it wants. Pure and simple. There shouldn't be any labels.

Well. If you want it stretching? Call in the Gays! ;)

and to those who still pretend not to know,
let's listen to what his intimate friend sandie has to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52NAsxymGw

(go to 4:40 min for the "homoerotic" part)

My turn, go to 2:00. "Get rid of all the labels." Pretend not to know? More like pretend not to see what is right in front of you. Also, she says his 'work is' homoerotic. She didn't say that he is gay. You are misrepresenting him. I hate when people force their own beliefs onto others. Just because you're gay, doesn't mean he has to be. Likewise, just because I'm straight, doesn't mean he has to be either.

Last edited:
My turn, go to 2:00. "Get rid of all the labels." Pretend not to know? More like pretend not to see what is right in front of you. Also, she says his 'work is' homoerotic. She didn't say that he is gay. You are misrepresenting him. I hate when people force their own beliefs onto others. Just because you're gay, doesn't mean he has to be. Likewise, just because I'm straight, doesn't mean he has to be either.

1. agreed. so he makes gay music, lyrics art etc. although it is very unlikely that someone who is straight does "homoerotic work" we do not know what mr. morrissey does in his leisure time, but to me it's not important anyway, because i only know him through his work. so his work is all that has any meaning to me.

2. representing him as "not labeled" is also categorizing him (just as "gay" or straight" do). so you are telling what i should think just as i do. moreover, "not labeling" has a leveling effect. it makes doing homoerotic things look like being nearly straight

3. what's so terrible about men loving men?

Tags
alamo=pwn3d pwnd!!!!111one
Back
Top Bottom