Why am I seeing posts from 'Anonymous'?

H

Halloway

I have 'Unregistered Users' in my Ignore list but lately I've noticed that posts from 'Anonymous' are visible. Why is this? I'm sure that anonymous users used to be invisible. I did try adding 'Anonymous' as a user to my ignore list but that didn't work.

Whilst I am here, there also seem to be some users that have profiles that cannot be viewed and similarly cannot be added to the Ignore list. If I type their names into the Ignore list I just get a "The following members could not be found" message.

Thanks for pointing out the issue. A security patch was applied a couple days ago which overwrote the anonymous ignore feature. I’ll add it back in later today.

I have 'Unregistered Users' in my Ignore list but lately I've noticed that posts from 'Anonymous' are visible. Why is this? I'm sure that anonymous users used to be invisible. I did try adding 'Anonymous' as a user to my ignore list but that didn't work.

Fix should be in place now and anonymous users should be ignored if you enabled that. Good to know someone is actually using this feature!

For the users that can't be added to the Ignore list, it's possible they are actually anonymous but changed their name to something else. The restored fix should include these users.

Whilst I am here, there also seem to be some users that have profiles that cannot be viewed and similarly cannot be added to the Ignore list. If I type their names into the Ignore list I just get a "The following members could not be found" message.

Thanks David.

Tags
anonymous ignore unregistered users
Back
Top Bottom