"Why does Morrissey love performing in small venues in provincial towns?" - The List magazine

The List magazine in Scotland has published an article discussing why Morrissey has chosen to play small, provincial venues on this tour.

Why does Morrissey love performing in small venues in provincial towns? - by Kirstyn Smith, The List

Why his 2011 UK tour of Hawick and Dunoon is in everyone’s best interests

A snapshot of any Morrissey gig at any given venue at any point in his career paints the same (vulgar?) picture. From the bequiffed to the balding, via gladioli and vegetarianism, a congregation of grasping hands reach and strain towards the stage where the Pope of Mope stands at his electronic pulpit offering up something unseen, be it confirmation or salvation - or simply a reason for his followers to keep the faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Why does Morrissey love performing in small venues in provincial towns?

Yeah, he'll play festivals. Do you think he'll get such a payday from the small shows that he's doing? Does he HAVE to do the small shows? No. He doesn't.

He could get by just fine by going "Ah, f*** it. I'm playing with Lou Reed. Clear the rest of the year".

Pull ya head out ya butt.

Re: Article: "Why does Morrissey love performing in small venues in provincial towns?

Pope of mope. For f***'s sake, I need not say more.

I seem to remember reading on here during previous tours that Morrissey has friends and a favourite hotel in Edinburgh that he really enjoys staying at. The tour before last (R.L.O.T.T.) he was based in Edinburgh through-out the entire scottish leg of the tour. I got my ticket for Dunfermline today and I can tell you that The Alhambra is a fantastic venue. I cant wait to return to this amazing venue and once again take a step back in time. If you have tickets for Dunfermline you will see what I mean when you get inside the venue.

People are acting like this is some kind of ridiculous one-off for Morrissey. He always plays these kinds of tours. In recent years he's played some bigger shows and festivals as well but the small provincial tours are the norm for him.

I don't know notwithstanding festivals, can he still fill large arenas? I think it's more practical then preference.

plastic bottle of water

and Joan of Arc, me too had once a ticket when he was Guest for the Bowie tour,
so I know if you got the ticket and he cancels, or can imagine how screwed one feels if he leaves after 12 mnutes
ot threabouts, it's been debated , analysed and 'we; decided the bottlethrower was a drunken moron

but it's a few years later, so a bit lighten up by humour it, is better than going
agian in debate or make a poll, how long will Morrissey play, if someone throws
something against him, which I personally find a bit overeacted by Morrissey, as
seen images of him when they throwed [in joy] there plastic cup of ale on stage

so better leave yer anger to people who go drunken to a gig and stand in front and
are a ruining the gig by the way they act, and that you hope Morrissey knows you' re
not with them

damn, again a lot of rubbish, about nothing, well difference of a reply

I take strange pills, but the doc prescribes them, but I'm a nice lad, honoust

and they say he's mentall:crazy:

Last edited:

plastic bottle of water

so I know if you got the ticket and he cancels, or can imagine how screwed one feels if he leaves after 12 mnutes
ot threabouts, it's been debated , analysed and 'we; decided the bottlethrower was a drunken moron

but it's a few years later, so a bit lighten up by humour it, is better than going
agian in debate or make a poll, how long will Morrissey play, if someone throws
something against him, which I personally find a bit overeacted by Morrissey, as
seen images of him when they throwed [in joy] there plastic cup of ale on stage

so better leave yer anger to people who go dunken to a gig and stand in front and
are a ruining the gig by the way they act, and that you hope Morrissey knows your
not with them

damn, again a lot of rubbish, about nothing, well difference of a reply

I take strange pills, but the doc prescribes them, but I'm a nice lad, honoust

and they say he's mentall:crazy:

glass

I seem to remember reading on here during previous tours that Morrissey has friends and a favourite hotel in Edinburgh that he really enjoys staying at. The tour before last (R.L.O.T.T.) he was based in Edinburgh through-out the entire scottish leg of the tour. I got my ticket for Dunfermline today and I can tell you that The Alhambra is a fantastic venue. I cant wait to return to this amazing venue and once again take a step back in time. If you have tickets for Dunfermline you will see what I mean when you get inside the venue.

I got mines yesterday as well, and have to say that i really love The Alhambra as venue. The whole feeling and design of the place is fantastic.

I got mines yesterday as well, and have to say that i really love The Alhambra as venue. The whole feeling and design of the place is fantastic.

Were it not mid-week, I'd be there. I could feasibly get there, but would be in a hell of a state at work the next day. Been to the Alhambra once before, an ideal Morrissey venue.

I hope we get a lot of bootleggers recording these shows - could be the last chance we get.

Motherwell was one of my first Morrissey gigs - I got up on stage and very briefly did a dance of sort with him during, ahem National Front Disco - He did smirk.

Mozzerwell was a great night!

i have very fond memories of morrissey playing in my local area in motherwell town hall,
although it was more years ago than i care to remember it still means a lot to me that someone who has played such an important part in my life made the effort to come and see us,

how yer so sure, you hold the cup/bottle?

seen footage, as we all have when it happened , on this site.

yep,I seen it.With me eyes.As when did it happen
Was at show enjoying
then idiot...

plastic bottle of water

I would do the same.

I would do the same.

than why thee retarde comment,where someone with humour, somehow
says to avoid it, by playing smaller venues

or that is way how I interpreded the post I replied on as funny and
'a winner'

there's no debate, no debate, no debate ,no debate

'and they say he's mentall' :crazy:

how yer so sure, you hold the cup/bottle?

seen footage, as we all have when it happened , on this site.

celibate, I think you are more right if you use cup instead of bottle or glass, because in the UK they sell drinks in large PLASTIC CUPS at venues

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom