Why does Morrissey-solo attract people who spend too much time on the internet?

• Thread starter Bamber Gascoigne
  • Start date
B

Bamber Gascoigne

I'm posting this anonymously as I don't want to be dragged into the cesspit of dogmatic semantics but why does this website always attract people who need the world to know that Morrissey's career/ life over 25 years has left them ultimately dejected with him?

A lot of older users do not post here for a variety of reasons but I would suggest chief amongst them isn't the fact (and it is a fact) that Morrissey's musical/ artistic status has slipped over the years but rather the sheer venom that some keyboard warriors utilise in their criticisms of Morrissey, his music and his fans. Fair enough if they don't actually like him anymore but why spend hours upon hours debunking the Morrissey oeuvre?

The latest artefact being his autobiography. As per usual the backlash commences within a week of a Morrissey release. The voices of those who actually liked it (and there are a few) are drowned out by the loud people who just really really really want the world to know how much they now despise the Morrissey persona. Why?

Do they realise realise how tragic and pathetic they are? The hypocrisy is a sight to behold.

"Morrissey is sad and delusional" WELL HELLO!!!!?????!!!!!

As Henry Rollins once advised Morrissey, "go outside and play some frisbee"

I doubt whether any website devoted to an artist attracts so many trolls (I hate that word btw). It's all quite endearing

I'm posting this anonymously as I don't want to be dragged into the cesspit of dogmatic semantics but why does this website always attract people who need the world to know that Morrissey's career/ life over 25 years has left them ultimately dejected with him?

A lot of older users do not post here for a variety of reasons but I would suggest chief amongst them isn't the fact (and it is a fact) that Morrissey's musical/ artistic status has slipped over the years but rather the sheer venom that some keyboard warriors utilise in their criticisms of Morrissey, his music and his fans. Fair enough if they don't actually like him anymore but why spend hours upon hours debunking the Morrissey oeuvre?

The latest artefact being his autobiography. As per usual the backlash commences within a week of a Morrissey release. The voices of those who actually liked it (and there are a few) are drowned out by the loud people who just really really really want the world to know how much they now despise the Morrissey persona. Why?

Do they realise realise how tragic and pathetic they are? The hypocrisy is a sight to behold.

"Morrissey is sad and delusional" WELL HELLO!!!!?????!!!!!

As Henry Rollins once advised Morrissey, "go outside and play some frisbee"

I doubt whether any website devoted to an artist attracts so many trolls (I hate that word btw). It's all quite endearing

You are such an ass... go buy yourself a ferrari and drive up the pch.

You are such an ass... go buy yourself a ferrari and drive up the pch.
Agree totally.
I tell you what this site suffers from, it is posters who come to this site to tell us how they are really too intelligent to attend a forum like this, everyone who disagrees with them is a troll and pathetic, and although they are far too refined to argue with the rest of us peasants, they have deigned to descend upon us and bestow their wisdom.

Agree totally.
I tell you what this site suffers from, it is posters who come to this site to tell us how they are really too intelligent to attend a forum like this, everyone who disagrees with them is a troll and pathetic, and although they are far too refined to argue with the rest of us peasants, they have deigned to descend upon us and bestow their wisdom.

:clap:

I do not come here for most of the reasons I use to before
but yes, there is a component of it, especially when my daily post count was soaring :o
that had to do with having not enough going on in my life
now, to be honest, I actually have to make time for this place :eek:
usually before work or sometimes when I am winding down after it, like tonight
still, there are a few people here worth coming here read/write to
not many, and then, of course, there are others which cannot but make one feel superior :p

Last edited:
Shame. I was really looking forward to some dogmatic semantics. In addition, I think it would be pretty late in life for many of us to start caring what the critics think of Morrissey. Guilty of being on the internet a lot, college does that to a person.

I’m afraid they don’t like him so much tbe way they used to, some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom