Why Hairdresser On Fire is one of the best

S

Southpaw Geeza

"Here is London, Giddy London
Is it home of the free or what?"

The first ever Morrissey song I heard

The opening to the song is simply magestic, the light but powerful strings pull at you before the song has even begun. (Stephen Street at his best) The iconc opening is enhanced with Vini Reilys guitar skills and the awesome bell chimes.

This song is possibly the greatest Morrissey song (Excluding Southpaw) if not possibly the most iconic. The lyrics create a rather humourous image of Morrissey complaning about a Hairdresser he has possibly fallen for that is for whatever reason "Just to busy" to see him.

Im sure we can all relate to that theme of someone being "always busy" whether it be a woman you are interested in, a busy friend or even the local Tesco express when the reduced food is put out.

The song is not just humorous and relateable, it also sounds amazing. Its just so iconic for me, it is pure undiluted (double concentrate) Morrissey at his best.

Glad to see its back on the setlists

"Here is London, Giddy London
Is it home of the free or what?"

The first ever Morrissey song I heard

The opening to the song is simply magestic, the light but powerful strings pull at you before the song has even begun. (Stephen Street at his best) The iconc opening is enhanced with Vini Reilys guitar skills and the awesome bell chimes.

This song is possibly the greatest Morrissey song (Excluding Southpaw) if not possibly the most iconic. The lyrics create a rather humourous image of Morrissey complaning about a Hairdresser he has possibly fallen for that is for whatever reason "Just to busy" to see him.

Im sure we can all relate to that theme of someone being "always busy" whether it be a woman you are interested in, a busy friend or even the local Tesco express when the reduced food is put out.

The song is not just humorous and relateable, it also sounds amazing. Its just so iconic for me, it is pure undiluted (double concentrate) Morrissey at his best.

Glad to see its back on the setlists
totally agree southpaw,fantastic song.

I absolutely agree with everything you wrote, Geeza. I just love that song. I always sing it to myself when I am getting a haircut. I hope I get the chance to hear him sing it live soon! More US dates please!

Are you going to make a thread like this for every song of his you like?

I feel fortunate to have discovered Viva Hate prior to The Smiths in mid 1991. It was a great time to be a Morrissey fan, and as a result, I adore the Smiths, but have never discounted Morrissey's solo work like a lot of the old timers who never got over the breakup. There's not a tune on that album that I don't rate highly.

There’s no reason to bring Uncleskinny into this...
Skinny is the one who never got over the smiths splitting , those were his glory days before the large waistline appeared

Yeah love this song it's so witty and interesting. One of his best by far.

Back
Top Bottom