Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

Please quote a reputable online source that can prove that assertion because I believe it is bollocks. Flu vaccines do vary in effectiveness from year to year but is generally between about 40% to 60% effective.

Some years it is low as 20%.
A Cochrane Review (the gold standard of scientific evidence) found the flu vaccine had some impact on reported symptoms of influenza, statistically insignificant impact on days off work or hospitalisations due to influenza, and zero impact on mortality.

Lionel Shriver - what a brilliant mind. Everybody should listen to this.
Shriver’s view is simply analogous to a popular academic mindset that was that was basically expelled from institutions, when universities became extensions of the state (about 25 years ago). The cull was as ruthless and effective as any mind altering project the Chinese state could conceive of.

We've all had to pay the price for those people who've not shown self-restraint over many years and let themselves go. I always thought the responsibilty lay with the sick to isolate themselves until they're better, not for everyone else to have to. And now, more people's livelihoods are down the pan because of unhealthy people, a lot of whom, have probably been on sickness benefit for years and not contributed to the economy in the first place. I'm not at all criticising people who are ill through no fault of their own, but I think those who've been idle, eaten crap and generally let themselves go, should question what role they've had to play in all of this and see it as a moral duty to start seeing they're own health in terms of other people rather than just themselves. If there's one thing this pandemic has brought to light, it's the fact that being unhealthy is no longer a personal choice. And yes, I speak as a heavy drinker, but I make my own effort to be healthy in other areas of my life - perhaps even more so, because of the drink.
Since the interventions of Martin Luther, Northern European states have wanted to indulge the trappings of power whilst asking the proles to accept its concerns, costs and responsibilities. It’s a degeneration. The state should be responsible for the well being of its people—and we should all be mutually obliged.

Last edited by a moderator:
No he isn't. People don't have common sense. People are stupid. You now have a raft of GOP people whose common sense told them not to wear a mask now getting ill with Covid. People live for the second, not the day or week. Darwinism roots them out.

And forgive me, but the moment you start saying that a populist right-wing arsehole supported by a singer you like is the beacon of truth, you can get tae f***.
You're completely correct. Some people do have absolutely no common sense. Some are brain dead enough to go on a fansite of an artist they don't like & post shite day in, day out.

So not 'totally ineffective' then. Glad we sorted that one out.

I should have been more specific. Some years the match is as low as 15-20%.
The efficacy and effectiveness you can judge for yourself from the research.
Tom Jefferson, who headed the Cochrane Collaboration, called the flu vaccine 'rubbish'.
Michael Osterholm, who headed research at the CDC for many years, recommended people have the vaccine but criticised its promotion by health authorities, saying it was over-promoted and over-hyped. Too true.

Basically - Morrissey &/or SER (whoever is most interested in what) - believes that everything in the mainstream media & all authority is a lie or bad.

That's why they don't make any sense - because they're resisting the form not the content.
That critique could be levelled at the left, especially in its critique of Donald Trump. The issue of mask wearing has had more intellectual scrutiny than any of his economic policies.

That critique could be levelled at the left, especially in its critique of Donald Trump. The issue of mask wearing has had more intellectual scrutiny than any of his economic policies.

That's really on his head - there's no consistent message from him or his ever changing team.

Basically - Morrissey &/or SER (whoever is most interested in what) - believes that everything in the mainstream media & all authority is a lie or bad.

That's why they don't make any sense - because they're resisting the form not the content.
It makes perfect sense and yes every form of mainstream media is selling you a narrative

Last edited:
Styx & Hammer666 is ok for commentary. For the most part he gets it but I disagree with him on some issues
Morrissey is right though. People are so indoctrinated that common sense is rejected in favor of social media waves

It makes perfect sense and yes e went firm of mainstream media is selling you a narrative

?

Everyone is selling a narrative. If we didn't we'd have to describe everything we experienced & it would be as boring & pointless as *insert preffered object of derision here*.

?

Everyone is selling a narrative. If we didn't we'd have to describe everything we experienced & it would be as boring & pointless as *insert preffered object of derision here*.
That's a cop out. Mainstream media is corporate and govt run propaganda. Sure independent journalists and commentators may try to sell you a narrative but that's a whole different beast and it's intellectually dishonest of you to act like there's no difference

That's a cop out. Mainstream media is corporate and govt run propaganda. Sure independent journalists and commentators may try to sell you a narrative but that's a whole different beast and it's intellectually dishonest of you to act like there's no difference

It being a narrative isn't different.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom