Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

People demonstrating common sense in Soho, yestereve:

soho.jpg

View attachment 57435

People have been locked up and lied to for over three months, what do you expect?

Strange that, there have been no mass gatherings like this in no-lockdown Sweden, where people have been free and living normal lives...

No he isn't. People don't have common sense. People are stupid. You now have a raft of GOP people whose common sense told them not to wear a mask now getting ill with Covid. People live for the second, not the day or week. Darwinism roots them out.

And forgive me, but the moment you start saying that a populist right-wing arsehole supported by a singer you like is the beacon of truth, you can get tae f***.

Well who could argue with such a nuanced point of view?

View attachment 57434

That's why Douglas is dodgy - the Reading murderer had mental health issues, didn't shout anything comprehensible, nevermind have a political agenda & is unlikely to have known that the men were gay.

Maybe it would have been a bigger story if the person was far right - but sometimes stories get reported & disappear. It all depends on the public interest.

If he was just pointing out hypocrisy, double standards & faulty logic - it would be fine, because there is a lot of that on the left - but he has some grim prejudices he would replace it with.

Really? Those are all assumptions on your part.
His 'prejudice' is that European culture has value and we don't have to be ashamed of it.

View attachment 57435

I know - it's a mess. Crashed economy & a possibility that everyone who was going to get it might get it.

On the bright side - the air must be 50% hand sanitizer by now & they know how to treat it if not cure it.

Really? Those are all assumptions on your part.
His 'prejudice' is that European culture has value and we don't have to be ashamed of it.

No - he's far, far, far right... or at least an Etonian version of it.

Also - he doesn't contribute anything positive to public discourse at all - he's just a bundle of resentments & he doesn't sing pretty songs to make-up for it.

View attachment 57435

Yep, people demonstrating what even the dogs in the street have learned by now: most people don't even get coronavirus if exposed, of those that do, most don't get any symptoms, of those that do, most get very mild symptoms. A tiny minority get ill. Of those, a tiny minority die. An excess mortality rate no different from seasonal flu. But how many will die as a result of lockdown and economic depression?

Yep, people demonstrating what even the dogs in the street have learned by now: most people don't even get coronavirus if exposed, of those that do, most don't get any symptoms, of those that do, most get very mild symptoms. A tiny minority get ill. Of those, a tiny minority die. An excess mortality rate no different from seasonal flu. But how many will die as a result of lockdown and economic depression?
Do the dogs also know about the 65200 excess deaths over the past three months? And I think even the dogs know that COVID19 is a much more serious disease than seasonal flu.

People have been locked up and lied to for over three months, what do you expect?

Strange that, there have been no mass gatherings like this in no-lockdown Sweden, where people have been free and living normal lives...
List the 'lies' please, with references.

Also...

A few things I took from watching these videos: Who decides on what is the 'new normal' and will any of us be involved in the discussion? Also, something pertinent in seeing a children's playground cordoned off with (red?) tape. I do believe there are also calls for us all to clap for the NHS again upon its 72nd birthday. It's not even a special birthday fcs

No one's deciding the new normal - it's going to be like chucking dice up in the air & seeing what numbers come up.

is this true Do you refuse to stand up for the rights of users here?

I thought you & Rifke were joking with each other - does it go too far or is none of it really banter??

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this comes as a surprise. It’s clear that he is in right wing You Tube bubble, and has been for a number of years.

As I see it, we all dip in and watch these clips. You can start watching something innocuous then You Tube does its thing in loading up the next clip and before you know it someone is telling us that all the ills of the world are down to a group of Jews. By that time my filter is well and truly in place and I’ve already laughed my way through the previous clips.

Morrissey on the other hand is a sponge to this detritus, and thinks it’s acceptable to peddle on crap to his fan base.

Come on. Wake Up!

List the 'lies' please, with references.

Also...

Of course The Guardian picked a random week during which Sweden happened to have the highest death rate, not biased at all…

You should try and get your news from other outlets than The Guardian sometimes. But I wonder if you actually read the article you linked to because apart from saying that Sweden has failed to protect the elderly in care homes this is point Dr Tegnell made:

“The basic strategy has worked well. I do not see what we would have done completely differently..."

(BTW the state epidemiologist discussing the strategy openly and admitting certain things could have been done better is also something that is human and honest creates trust among people, contrary to Boris’ lot who would never EVER admit any wrongdoing whatsoever - "masks don’t help"/"you HAVE to wear masks", "the virus is not that dangerous"/"hundreds of thousands will die").

Here, knock yourself out:
Neil Ferguson's predicted deaths for Sweden and actual deaths:
Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 15.57.17.png

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 16.35.32.png

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 01.04.11.png

I thought you & Rifke were joking with each other - does it go to far or is none of it really banter??
apparently making two posts to someone a month is considered harassing and stalking them these days. :rolleyes:

it;s not a big deal. methinks he likes playing the victim cause it makes him feel feminine. it's just another weird fetish. he doesnt know how to act without playing a role.

Of course The Guardian picked a random week during which Sweden happened to have the highest death rate, not biased at all…

You should try and get your news from other outlets than The Guardian sometimes. But I wonder if you actually read the article you linked to because apart from saying that Sweden has failed to protect the elderly in care homes this is point Dr Tegnell made:

“The basic strategy has worked well. I do not see what we would have done completely differently..."

(BTW the state epidemiologist discussing the strategy openly and admitting certain things could have been done better is also something that is human and honest creates trust among people, contrary to Boris’ lot who would never EVER admit any wrongdoing whatsoever - "masks don’t help"/"you HAVE to wear masks", "the virus is not that dangerous"/"hundreds of thousands will die").

View attachment 57439

View attachment 57437
View attachment 57440
The 'Coronavirus Deaths in Sweden' graph - where is that from, please?

View attachment 57439

View attachment 57437
View attachment 57440

Sweden's population density is much lower though - all the smaller nations or cities would have an easier time social distancing.

And down the right-wing rabbit hole he goes again. f*** him, f*** racism, and f*** anyone who thinks this is anything other than racist bollocks

And there goes the common sense Morrissey was on about. You really do work from the script, don’t you.

Sweden's population density is much lower though - all the smaller nations or cities would have an easier time social distancing.

This is utter bollocks. The population density of Stockholm, the hardest hit area, is almost the same as that of London.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom