Why hate Marr

T

The guy

Why do Morrissey fans hate Marr and call him a back stabber? I can’t get my head around it. He seems like a decent guy. Happy family man. Great song writer. Maybe a bit over rated of late. But. Why the hate?

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Why do Morrissey fans hate Marr and call him a back stabber? I can’t get my head around it. He seems like a decent guy. Happy family man. Great song writer. Maybe a bit over rated of late. But. Why the hate?
No-one hates him, except a few trolls and sad sacks who are sore that he's getting attention when Moz is in exile.
♥️

When you say "backstabber" - are you referring to my post about "Getting Away with it"?

A

Anonymous

It’s the cult of the Mozbot. They somehow think that by disparaging Marr they are exalting Moz. They can’t believe that a genius like Marr can also be thoughtful, kind and intelligent. They have backed the wrong horse so to speak and have to justify Morrissey’s paranoia and ill-received pronouncements by putting down his opposite. They exist in a world where meanness and cruelty is a virtue. You’ll see in the responses to this comment.

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
No-one hates him, except a few trolls and sad sacks who are sore that he's getting attention when Moz is in exile.
♥️

When you say "backstabber" - are you referring to my post about "Getting Away with it"?
Is he doing that in open-E tuning? Seriously, I would never have guessed

Radis Noir

By the thrice-beshitten shroud of Lazarus
I struggled for decades to work out what he was playing in that song and seeing that video was a forehead-smacking moment. Once I realised he was playing in open G and not standard guitar tuning, it took me about twenty minutes to learn how to play it.

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I struggled for decades to work out what he was playing in that song and seeing that video was a forehead-smacking moment. Once I realised he was playing in open G and not standard guitar tuning, it took me about twenty minutes to learn how to play it.
When I bought the Meat Is Murder sheet music book, I looked at The Headmaster Ritual and thought - you've got to be f***ing kidding me - those chords either don't exist or are impossible - all the chords were trancsribed for the first 3/4 frets, nowhere else, and it was a mess - technically string for string correct, but not as played. Then...when you realise that it's in Open E, it explains why the transcriber had so much trouble. I recently got the Radiohead Complete guitar book, and they don't fall into that trap, they give it all exactly as played, which is a hell of a relief, liberating, and wonderful to play.

Radis Noir

By the thrice-beshitten shroud of Lazarus
When I bought the Meat Is Murder sheet music book, I looked at The Headmaster Ritual and thought - you've got to be f***ing kidding me - those chords either don't exist or are impossible - all the chords were trancsribed for the first 3/4 frets, nowhere else, and it was a mess - technically string for string correct, but not as played. Then...when you realise that it's in Open E, it explains why the transcriber had so much trouble. I recently got the Radiohead Complete guitar book, and they don't fall into that trap, they give it all exactly as played, which is a hell of a relief, liberating, and wonderful to play.
I learned The Headmaster Ritual from that very same book back in the 1980s and I remember thinking something similar. For the record, Meat is Murder and Stretch Out and Wait are the other open tuning songs (so far as I know.)

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><><><><>

Who called him a backstabber?

Maybe Morrissey and Marr might think Joyce is that or the equivalent though.

I’m a huge Marr fan, and if anyone calls him a backstabber, well they’re
gonna have to deal with me putting them in their place!

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><><><><>

Gregor Samsa

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope.
The third post hits the nail on the head.

V

Vegan. Cro. Spirit. 888

:rolleyes:

JR nobody trusts a 60 yr with tats and a wig FFS:censored:
you are old enough now to know this
look how smoothly he glommed that suco prize away from the cribs:blushing:

SuedeMoz

I guess it's out of some misguided "loyalty" to Morrissey. As in if you're a true Morrissey fan than you must hate and belittle Johnny - it's bogus. Ironically when Morrissey has spoken of Johnny... it's with fondness, sadness and sometimes even remorse, it's never with the kind of toxic vitriol that you see here.

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .777

:rolleyes:

didnt :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: want to kill everybody in the planet by having a comet come
flying and explode into us? decimating humans and innocent creatures?:mad:
all because he was dystopic over some chick and her dumb guitar.:blushing:

skinny bots love him only because they are ordered to do so FFS:straightface:

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
It’s the cult of the Mozbot. They somehow think that by disparaging Marr they are exalting Moz. They can’t believe that a genius like Marr can also be thoughtful, kind and intelligent. They have backed the wrong horse so to speak and have to justify Morrissey’s paranoia and ill-received pronouncements by putting down his opposite. They exist in a world where meanness and cruelty is a virtue. You’ll see in the responses to this comment.

You've got a nerve since all you're doing is using Marr to put Morrissey down.

Ketamine Sun

<><><><><><><><><><>

I don’t think Marr is Morrissey’s ‘opposite’ as you call him. Are you saying that Marr is different or even lesser than Morrissey? How dare you! They are both great!

V

Vegan. Cro. Spirit. 888

🤒

Barnaby drink your metamucil and quit trying to imitate Fake C FFS!😐
(its the old crank Barnaby evennow:crazy:)
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is a :frogface: not a horse FFS! whats going on at the old folk home🤒

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Hilarious how the Mozbots immediately responded to this, feeling attacked. :lbf:

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
e8d34a29e2e3a01213aff896bb319817.jpg

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .777

Hilarious how the Mozbots immediately responded to this, feeling attacked. :lbf:

🤒

Oy I forgot you were good buddies with Barnaby, 'inventor' of the word "mozbot",
thats his claim to immortality, some twats invent dumb clicky :guitar: others invent the word "mozbots"
thats right peeps, Barnaby Evennow INVENTED the WORD MOZBOT!!! Moz PEEPS who
go to the MOZ FORUM are MOZBOTS:lbf:
(no name for the Le:frogface: peeps who go to the Le:frogface: forum because THERE IS NO SUCH FORUMQ!!):cool:
the GENIUS OF THE OLD FOLK home, Barnaby.....

THE MOZBOTS ARE INVADING MOZ SOLO!!!!!! CALL THE ROBOT!!!🤖
HURRY UP BEFORE THE COMET BLOWS UP THE EARTH!!!!🥸

Dumb🤐
and
Dramatic:drama:
the Le:frogface: trolls seem to go thru life.o_O

Top Bottom