Why is Morrissey allowing his nephew to turn his uncle's career into a joke?

eugenius

Gabba Gabba Hey
SORRY, title should read: WHY IS MORRISSEY ALLOWING HIS NEPHEW TO TURN UNCLE STEVEN'S CAREER INTO A JOKE?

This was the person who used to be so f***ing meticulous about the minute details of creative output like color tint, font, the angle of a photo.

Morrissey letting his nephew drive Uncle Steven's reputation into the Dumpster over the past 6 or so months with amateur video and "artwork" has gotten me thinking...

How will we really remember Morrissey? We all know the early music was stellar (although we saw the bottom drop out with "World Peace," coincidently the only LP without Alain fingerprints), but his product (cover art, posters, video) has plummeted to the amateur depths of a chubby 12-year-old child let loose with the MSPaint software that came free with his new Dell laptop.

If we're to assume that Morrissey controls the output of all of his content (adverts, cover art, merchandise), then you have to ask yourself, "Does Morrissey give a f*** about about how he's remembered?" Of course he does, but he got lazy.

The fire is out. I saw PiL at the Fonda Theater this past Sunday and Lydon is still has angry and focused as it if were 1977.

It just kind of seems like he thinks his legacy with the Smiths and the first impeccable half of his solo career will be enough for people to remember him as one of the great ones. Or maybe he thinks there's one more "Vauxhall" in him to bookend his career.

Last edited:
SORRY, title should read: WHY IS MORRISSEY ALLOWING HIS NEPHEW TO TURN UNCLE STEVEN'S CAREER INTO A JOKE?

This was the person who used to be so f***ing meticulous about the minute details of creative output like color tint, font, the angle of a photo.

Morrissey letting his nephew drive Uncle Steven's reputation into the Dumpster over the past 6 or so months with amateur video and "artwork" has gotten me thinking...

How will we really remember Morrissey? We all know the early music was stellar (although we saw the bottom drop out with "World Peace," coincidently the only LP without Alain fingerprints), but his product (cover art, posters, video) has plummeted to the amateur depths of a chubby 12-year-old child let loose with the MSPaint software that came free with his new Dell laptop.

If we're to assume that Morrissey controls the output of all of his content (adverts, cover art, merchandise), then you have to ask yourself, "Does Morrissey give a f*** about about how he's remembered?" Of course he does, but he got lazy.

The fire is out. I saw PiL at the Fonda Theater this past Sunday and Lydon is still has angry and focused as it if were 1977.

It just kind of seems like he thinks his legacy with the Smiths and the first impeccable half of his solo career will be enough for people to remember him as one of the great ones. Or maybe he thinks there's one more "Vauxhall" in him to bookend his career.

Rotten still as rotten as if it were still '77...Then let him live in the past. Butter?......

Anyhow agree 'kiss me' vid..horrendous. But I think some of the last sleeves great... & though 'Southpaw' wish it wasn't cropped that one.

But REALLY , as far as how anyone remembers M ..That is up to the one remembering.

Rotten still as rotten as if it were still '77...Then let him live in the past. Butter?......

Anyhow agree 'kiss me' vid..horrendous. But I think some of the last sleeves great... & though 'Southpaw' wish it wasn't cropped that one.

But REALLY , as far as how anyone remembers M ..That is up to the one remembering.

Then you have no rational basis on which to contadict or oppose anyone else's point of view. Yet....you do! *smirks*

best
BB

Then you have no rational basis on which to contadict or oppose anyone else's point of view. Yet....you do! *smirks*

best
BB

Who said anything about having a 'rational basis' ? I thought you of all people wouldn't care. Since, having a 'rational basis' has NEVER applied to any of your hateful posts.

kS my:cool:

Who said anything about having a 'rational basis' ? I thought you of all people wouldn't care. Since, having a 'rational basis' has NEVER applied to any of your hateful posts.

kS my:cool:

If your comments do not have a rational basis, that's not a problem for you as you claim to only believe in your own privately curated 'reality'. Given that you do not accept rational thinking and shared consensual reality there is no basis on which you can designate my posts as 'hateful'. This is JUST YOUR OPINION and as you do not share your reality with anyone else, your opinion is of no value to anybody else. Think about it. *smirks*

best
BB

If your comments do not have a rational basis, that's not a problem for you as you claim to only believe in your own privately curated 'reality'. Given that you do not accept rational thinking and shared consensual reality there is no basis on which you can designate my posts as 'hateful'. This is JUST YOUR OPINION and as you do not share your reality with anyone else, your opinion is of no value to anybody else. Think about it. *smirks*

best
BB

Who doesn't believe in their 'own privately curated reality' ? And who said (not I) that I 'do not accept rational thinking and shared consensual reality' ? I may have pointed in a general way or use the word 'reality' in the sense that I'd rather not be apart of a 'reality' that everyone agrees with if that 'reality' is one that is based on... out dated conventions,ignorance, violence,(or society as we unfortunately know it). It is just my way of saying I'm here but I'm doing my best in my way through the choices I make to not be apart of this/or their idea of what 'reality' is.

And if my opinion is of 'no value' here why are you giving it such value?

Now, I'll go slip through the portals of time and space... Just to be free of the likes of YOU.;)

How will we really remember Morrissey?

The Smiths, probably Viva Hate (and by extension Bona Drag), and possibly Vauxhall and I.

Sam Etsy isn't going to be remembered anymore than Morrissey with sideburns, gold chains, and fake cuts and bruises.

The Smiths, probably Viva Hate (and by extension Bona Drag), and possibly Vauxhall and I.

Sam Etsy isn't going to be remembered anymore than Morrissey with sideburns, gold chains, and fake cuts and bruises.

Even that would be far too much

Back
Top Bottom