Why isn't Moz previewing any brand new songs on the current tour?

Why hasn't Moz previewed any (previously unheard) new songs on the current tour?

• So as not to dilute the impact of the new album

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Too much time/hassle to rehearse

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Didn't want to overload the set with new material

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The songs we heard (Mama, Paris etc) are the very best of the new material

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Saving the new songs for an autumn tour

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Some other reason

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Maurice E

Biggest setlist surprise (in my humble) is the absence of any brand new songs i.e. ones which we hadn't heard on the winter tour.
There are about 8 or 10 that we know about so why he didn't play any? Some suggestions in the poll above.
Let's have a heated debate!

Last edited:
The current tour isn't over yet, is it? How do you know he wont play any new material some ways down the line?

If he chooses not to, I assume it will be to avoid diluting the impact of the new album. Remember, that supposedly the album has been "finished" for awhile now, yet it still wont see a release until Sept, so playing the songs this early would detract from the hype machine that the Moz inevitably wants surrounding this record.

I think we have heard enough new songs. I eman what would be the point of him playing most of the album before it even comes out! He needs to save some tunes as a suprise:).

The current tour isn't over yet, is it? How do you know he wont play any new material some ways down the line?

If he chooses not to, I assume it will be to avoid diluting the impact of the new album. Remember, that supposedly the album has been "finished" for awhile now, yet it still wont see a release until Sept, so playing the songs this early would detract from the hype machine that the Moz inevitably wants surrounding this record.

Quite right Roma!
It isn't over. I tried to word it to express the fact that the tour is ongoing but may have failed!
However, as far as I know, there remains just one date...
It's been an odd mini-tour. Wonder what the thinking is behind it? He's done festival dates before but never so few. If he's going to the (presumably considerable) hassle to get the show on the road, you would've thought they'd do more than 5 or 6 shows, what.

Just to add, I was hoping we'd hear maybe just one new song.
A fantastic, upbeat, zingy number that would be announced, or even heralded, as the new single.
Perhaps with the radio airplay failure of AYNIS, Moz wants to play his cards closer to his chest, and create a little mystique...

Festival dates pay a lot more than the normal venues he plays. My theory is that these festival dates will subsidise the smaller dates he'll be doing in the autumn. Hope so, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom