Why Morrissey wants to die alone

Yup he'd better throw a no holds BBQ ala David Lee Roth.
Oh wait no one likes him either...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey should go on the simpsons and be lisas guide and mentor on a groovy, veggie musical based episode he could team up with bumble bee man because he's Mexican and a bee so Morrissey would adore that!

Morrissey should go on the simpsons and be lisas guide and mentor on a groovy, veggie musical based episode he could team up with bumble bee man because he's Mexican and a bee so Morrissey would adore that!

That's a fine suggestion, really it is.

If you believe for one second that Morrissey didn't know those comments would be YouTubed, bootlegged, message boarded and media reported, you must be very naive. Has he never done anything like this before? Do you think public figures make controversial public statements because they want their opinions kept on the down-low? Do you think Bradford was the location for the f*** Morrissey-Solo t-shirts for any special reason, or do you think he knew everyone would find out about it regardless of what city he was in? Come on now, let's be real.

If you really think the F*** Morrissey t-shirts incident and the Norwegian comments were in any way comparable events, you must be an absolute berk.
The decision to wear the t-shirts was obviously completely pre-meditated. He had to have them made, for f***'s sake, and he clearly meant and stood behind the sentiments they expressed. Not only did he not issue a clarification statement, but he went on to reinforce the sentiment by booting David T out of the concert and issuing a lifetime ban.
The Norwegian comment was an off-the-cuff remark (and it also seems the actual words he spoke were misreported), a sentence or two used to introduce a song. Thankfully, Morrissey (or at least his manager) realised how appalling/insensitive his comments sounded, and issued a clarification expressing his horror of the Norway mass murders, and the repulsiveness of the media response.

Morrissey is not the hugely calculating, super-intelligent media manipulator many people seem to believe. Sometimes he makes masssive mistakes but thankfully he is not too big to apologise or clarify from time to time.
And the idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity is nonsense. The PR car-crash of the last 2 months has done his reputation a huge amount of damage, and probably frightened off any record companies who were vaguely thinking of offering him a deal. Vast amounts of media exposure do not equate to record sales.

Last edited:

Ummmm, I'm kinda thinking Lisa could be Morrissey's guide. Although she did get all sigh-ey and lovestruck for that Irish kid in The Simpson's Movie, I could see him guiding her though some stuff. :D

Morrissey is not the hugely calculating, super-intelligent media manipulator many people seem to believe.

Sure. He had no idea his comments would be quoted and repeated. No one ever quotes anything Morrissey says, and he certainly had no idea his comments would be posted on YouTube. He didn't know that his concerts are often bootlegged - news to him! - and he certainly didn't think anyone who attended the concerts would repeat his comments online. Morrissey had no idea those comments would ever be heard outside of the concert venue. He said them just as a song intro, completely off the cuff, and he had no idea that the Norway massacres were a bit of a touchy subject at the time. If you believe that, you'll believe anything. If the only way to defend someone's cause is by ignoring sense, logic and the blatantly obvious, then that cause is clearly unjust and you sir, are the berk.

Last edited:
I don't think Morrissey has changed that much since the beginning - it's just that everything he is and is about has become much blunter (some would say less poetic/witty).

There's a multi-part documentary on Youtube on Lemmy and Motorhead. He was around 57 when it was filmed (7 years ago?). He has not changed one iota either but his original incarnation was a lot rougher around the edges to begin with.

Re:

I don't think Morrissey has changed that much since the beginning - it's just that everything he is and is about has become much blunter (some would say less poetic/witty).

There's a multi-part documentary on Youtube on Lemmy and Motorhead. He was around 57 when it was filmed (7 years ago?). He has not changed one iota either but his original incarnation was a lot rougher around the edges to begin with.

I'm annoyed with a comparison of Morrissey and Lemmy.

Morrissey's bluntness and Lemmy's crudeness are totally different characteristics.

Last edited:
Morrissey revels in the fact that he's a thoroughly unpleasant person; he talks about it in interviews, he writes and sings songs about it, and I take him at his word that he's unfit for human cohabitation.

Tho he might say that of himself, I think Morrissey is a gem of a man (in personality as well as talent), and genuinely kindhearted. I think he just finds most things/people in the world intolerable...

Re:

Morrissey's bluntness and Lemmy's crudeness are totally different characteristics.

I'd much rather spend a day with Lemmy than Morrissey...you know, because Lemmy isn't a self-absorbed twit.

Re:

Obviously they're completely different species and I'm not comparing their personalities, but I do think they share the trait of not bending, kowtowing or changing for anyone. Listen to Lemmy talk about record labels in that documentary. It's very similar.

Re:

I'd much rather spend a day with Lemmy than Morrissey...you know, because Lemmy isn't a self-absorbed twit.

Lemmy also makes badass entrance music...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tho he might say that of himself, I think Morrissey is a gem of a man (in personality as well as talent), and genuinely kindhearted. I think he just finds most things/people in the world intolerable...

Ah yes, one of those kindhearted people who hates everyone....riiiight. :crazy:

Re:

Actually, he kind of is, but I'd have to choose Morrissey. I have smelled Lemmy, and that's not something you'd soon forget. No, sir. :sick:

That's not the same as 'hating everyone'. He doesn't exactly go around being aggressive. You can be critical of the world but be peaceful about it.

Endorsing violent/terrorist tactics of militant animal rights groups and deliberately provoking and insulting people and fellow singers who've said and done nothing to you strikes me as being fairly aggressive.

I'd advise against calling it that. Some people may think it's a fried chicken joint.

:lbf: An unfortunate name for an animal sanctuary, and an even worse name for a restaurant.

Although I'm glad that Morrissey seems to have remained interested in animal rights, I do wish he'd be sensible about his statements, because nonsense like this does not help. He speaks his piece and gets into his air conditioned limo and beetles off while the poor saps who do ongoing public outreach get kicked, spat upon, and verbally abused because members of the public have been riled by statements like his. If you're going to say something this incendiary, then grow a spine and stay around and answer questions. Take full responsibility.

Brings to mind some comments made by Linder(?) about Morrissey being an out-and-out coward.

Well I remember his doleful performance in Oxford on the Ringleader tour, when he made quite a fuss about the local animal lab then being built. A research scientist challenged Morrissey to a public debate; of course, Morrissey never replied. I actually felt a bit embarrassed for him at that point.

Still, he's got such a lovely singing voice...

Tags
morrissey-solo norway
Back
Top Bottom