Why one fan covered up his Morrissey tattoo with Sheryl Crow - The Guardian

With a news cycle rife with revelations of misconduct of famous men, tattoos inspired by living artists can have a short lifespan

Excerpt: "Ryan Mangione, a 23-year-old musician in Seattle, Washington, said after a long night out drinking several years ago, he had a friend make a DIY tattoo of Morrissey’s name on his knee. The next day, the regret was immediate.

“I woke up and I realized, ‘Oh no, he’s a bad man, I don’t want this tattooed on me for the rest of my life,’” he said. “This was not the smartest thing I’ve ever done.”

“There has been a build up over the years where more articles have come out about him being a clown of a human being, and the tension of wanting to get rid of the tattoo grew,” Mangione said.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
All these fake photoshopped tattoo ‘cover ups’.

Trust me, no ones getting rid of their
Moz tattoos. It is a love that is forever.

:cool:
Plus this aforementioned tattoo wasn't actually Morrissey's signature, it was drunken Ryan's equally gormless friend who did it.
I dont think morrissey would sign those kneecaps.

With a news cycle rife with revelations of misconduct of famous men, tattoos inspired by living artists can have a short lifespan

Excerpt: "Ryan Mangione, a 23-year-old musician in Seattle, Washington, said after a long night out drinking several years ago, he had a friend make a DIY tattoo of Morrissey’s name on his knee. The next day, the regret was immediate.

“I woke up and I realized, ‘Oh no, he’s a bad man, I don’t want this tattooed on me for the rest of my life,’” he said. “This was not the smartest thing I’ve ever done.”

“There has been a build up over the years where more articles have come out about him being a clown of a human being, and the tension of wanting to get rid of the tattoo grew,” Mangione said.

full
So to summarise this non story.
A random 23year old who possibly does bad Bob Dylan renditions at parties (we all know one and get that trapped feeling when the guitar comes out), has his stupidity posted on twitter:
He was drunk
He and his friend forged Morrissey's name on his knee, not the coolest place for a tattoo BTW.
He decided that Morrissey is "a bad man" after I assume the same depth of thought that made him do this in the first place and puts an attractive line through the aforementioned forgery to replace it with Cheryl Crowe, the legend.
The Guardian obviously had to run with the story while it was still breaking news, to get the edge on the competition.
My only question is what is Ryan holding to his knee cap in the photo?
A troll size saucepan lid?
A cupping device to try and cure ugly kneecaps?
The first one with the correct answer wins the Uncleskinny thinnest of gruel perpetual trophy and a certificate of promise that they will never receive any notifications from the Guardian online.

This is news?

Fake news. Photoshopping is so convincing these days.

If true, and someone wanted to cover up that tattoo, it would have been smarter to just fill it in and turn it into some tribal design. Dude doesn’t seem too bright, though it’s still hard to believe.

Fake news. Photoshopping is so convincing these days.

If true, and someone wanted to cover up that tattoo, it would have been smarter to just fill it in and turn it into some tribal design. Dude doesn’t seem too bright, though it’s still hard to believe.

I think the point is that he wants to show people he has canceled Morrissey.

full
shamed is that Morrissey’s name close Sheryl Crow. Big favor makes to Morrissey erase his arm entire

So to summarise this non story.
A random 23year old who possibly does bad Bob Dylan renditions at parties (we all know one and get that trapped feeling when the guitar comes out), has his stupidity posted on twitter:
He was drunk
He and his friend forged Morrissey's name on his knee, not the coolest place for a tattoo BTW.
He decided that Morrissey is "a bad man" after I assume the same depth of thought that made him do this in the first place and puts an attractive line through the aforementioned forgery to replace it with Cheryl Crowe, the legend.
The Guardian obviously had to run with the story while it was still breaking news, to get the edge on the competition.
My only question is what is Ryan holding to his knee cap in the photo?
A troll size saucepan lid?
A cupping device to try and cure ugly kneecaps?
The first one with the correct answer wins the Uncleskinny thinnest of gruel perpetual trophy and a certificate of promise that they will never receive any notifications from the Guardian online.

I think it's a magnifying glass. And if you look closely, you can see a louse...in a small circle.

the more i see assholes like these walk away from morrissey the more i like morrissey.

if the dude has some real shit to say feel free to be offended and cover up your stupid f***in tattoos.

moz aint losing sleep.

i may just buy extra tickets for no reason.

see you in camden in sept

I think everyone that has a Morrissey tattoo should have it changed to Sheryl Crow. Or maybe Cheryl Cole. Someone else, though.

I think everyone that has a Morrissey tattoo should have it changed to Sheryl Crow. Or maybe Cheryl Cole. Someone else, though.
Cherie Blair would suit either. Wife of a murdering psychopath. After all Morrissey's is a bad bad man for having an opinion.
Not like Ryan, he's on the side of truth. He does a lot of deep thinking when he's sober.

Cherie Blair would suit either. Wife of a murdering psychopath. After all Morrissey's is a bad bad man for having an opinion.
Not like Ryan, he's on the side of truth. He does a lot of deep thinking when he's sober.
Cherie Currie would really be the best.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom