Why Tony Wilson hates Morrissey

Danny

From The Independent:

Bum note

Morrissey's mercurial mouthpiece Merck Mercuriadis (a real name) has been in touch with Pandora, after the attack on the singer by Manchester's "godfather of music", Tony Wilson.

(To recap: Wilson told me Morrissey was "a nasty human being" who "treats people like shit".)

Says Mercuriadis: "I read that with some amusement, because in 2004 Tony Wilson spent the better part of six months begging for Morrissey to be the keynote speaker at his In The City [music] convention.

"We declined and it would appear that the taste of sour grapes continues to linger."

I am willing to accept that this is one of those unusual occasions where they may both be right.

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/pandora/article2086706.ece

Ha! Poor Anthony. I can hear him on the phone: "Morrissey, you're not-- you're not getting the f***ing point-- I'm a journalist, I went to Cambridge...!"

The title of your post would have been more accurate if it had said, "Why Tony Wilson hates Morrissey this week".

musicians and those in the biz, from that era and from Manchester, just simply bitch about everything and everyone.
This "Moment of Wisdom" message brought to you by PUDDLE FOR 'POSTER OF THE YEAR' campaign. Puddle approves this message. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Morrissey is like marmite, you either love him or you hate him. :D

I do neither, but I do like his music and he probably does treat people like shit, most musicians do.

Back
Top Bottom