Why was “Speedway” cut from Drury Lane 1995 on “Vauxhall and I” 20th anniversary?

SweetnTenderYorkshireman

It’s the definitive version for me! And i can’t understand why it’s not included on the bonus cd? It was recorded fine, “Shoplifters” obvs was cut due to not being able to perform it due to fans but that recording of “Speedway” is phenomenal

It was recorded fine
Was it? According PassionsJustLikeMine, "It is unknown whether the complete set was ever broadcast in full...The longest known broadcast featured the first 14 songs."
Speedway was the 15th song in the set. It may be that the BBC never recorded it in the first place, and stopped after song 14.

Was it? According PassionsJustLikeMine, "It is unknown whether the complete set was ever broadcast in full...The longest known broadcast featured the first 14 songs."
Speedway was the 15th song in the set. It may be that the BBC never recorded it in the first place, and stopped after song 14.

I have an FM quality bootleg (mp3 format, no idea where and when I found it) called "Drury Lane Expanded" that includes Speedway but not Shoplifters and another one of inferior quality that also includes Shoplifters.
PJLM mentions a complete FM recording in the bootleg section of the gig description:

"Different BBC radio broadcasts of varying lengths (see above) have found their way onto bootleg cds. The best option is the "Drury Lane Live" bootleg which features the whole set, in great FM, perhaps soundboard quality. This is often found untitled on the internet."

Actually, I’m wrong about this aren’t I!
Rookie error ahha I mixed up the Drury Lane performance and the “introducing Morrissey” film, what with it being the same set list pretty much - apologies!

Back
Top Bottom