Will Morrissey ever walk alone?

Should Morrissey cover You Will Never Walk Alone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think Morrissey should play cover version of the song?

Many Mancunian people booed when cover version (by Smoking Popes and Nina Simone) of the song was played during the intermission of his gigs.

Last edited:
i like this song a lot..always get shivers hearing shirley sing it while you see images of moz at wolverhampton and his fans on the hulmerist video...very powerful
i would love tho hear him sing it yes...
i know nothing about football because i dont care about the sport, but i read here t that hey did boo cause it is an anthem of one of the liverpool football clubs, right?

Last edited:
What makes you think Morrissey should play cover version of the song?

Many Mancunian people booed when cover version (by Smoking Popes and Nina Simone) of the song was played during the intermission of his gigs.

And?

Just because it is a song associated with Liverpool FC Moz cannot play it?
Morrissey always plays a controversial card - it is a great song and he can do what he likes despite some nobs deciding to boo it.

I don't Morrissey is weak enough to cower away due to it not being some people's favourite.

Love PTxx.

yeah

because I can easily assume he really likes this song, isn't it?

Fair enough.
Morrissey said in a recent interview that he's no longer interested in football.
Personally I'd be very grateful if he keeps distance from anything to do with football.

Re: yeah

Fair enough.
Morrissey said in a recent interview that he's no longer interested in football.
Personally I'd be very grateful if he keeps distance from anything to do with football.

It isn't just a football song - the lyrics are very distant from football and can be applied to any situation.
Why should he keep distance from football though? Is he not allowed to be interested in the game?

Love PTxx.

The first time I ever heard it was when my mom dragged me to a high school production of the musical Carousel that my sister was working on, and even though I wanted to hate the show, that song got me all choked up.

It's a beautiful song!

I hope Morrissey does a covers album one day.....

PS - Elvis and Frank Sinatra covered it too :)

Last edited:

Fair enough.

It's settled then.

I couldn't imagine Morrissey singing this song - I have nothing against it, I just think this song isn't made for Morrissey's voice.

(What's the problem if it's associated with a football team? Munich is about an accident accoured with football team.)

I couldn't imagine Morrissey singing this song - I have nothing against it, I just think this song isn't made for Morrissey's voice.

(What's the problem if it's associated with a football team? Munich is about an accident accoured with football team.)

Munich isn't a football team that divides his fanbase :D

Originally Posted by Kewpie
Fair enough.

Didn't he say that during 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey'? If so that was four years ago.
Two years ago he was watching the Chivas play in LA.

As for the song? As Morrissey himself said at the Apollo in 2006 (in reply to the boo's) ''That song goes further than Anfield''.
But no..... he shouldn't record it:D

Jukebox Jury

I love that song. it means so much to so many people including Morrissey.
He has attended football games across England when Liverpool played in the 90´s.

Forget the football connotations which ruin a great song from a great musical.

The Carousel version (where the song works perfectly in the story)
is where it's at.

Morrissey would do justice to that version.

Back
Top Bottom