will NYC happen?

puckhead

no travel to and from europe after this friday. is morrissey in the US right now? im hoping he cancels, the people i was supposed to go with are bailing due to the virus. seems like between now and the 20th, the city might ban large gatherings, but who knows. ive got 3 tickets i dont want to lose money on. if i do go, ive got two floor tickets for the hammerstein if anyone id interested and its not cancelled.

no travel to and from europe after this friday. is morrissey in the US right now? im hoping he cancels, the people i was supposed to go with are bailing due to the virus. seems like between now and the 20th, the city might ban large gatherings, but who knows. ive got 3 tickets i dont want to lose money on. if i do go, ive got two floor tickets for the hammerstein if anyone id interested and its not cancelled.
NBA just cancelled its season too

Morrissey's next gig is in London. Then NYC. Travel from UK to US is ok. Whether they ban all gatherings, who knows. I'd say it's likely. I can see London being cancelled as well.

he should postpone ..European tourists can't make it and the rest are hesitant going because of the virus fears

Same here, although fewer tickets in hand.

I contacted the controlling company responsible for Hammerstein Ballroom and two folks gave me the run around to a very simple inquiry over *their* policy regarding cancellation of events. After asking me which show (Moz) They stumbled through an answer that the responsibility lies with the promoter for show cancellations.

conversely, the Apollo website has a statement on Covid19 outlining its provisions on sanitary precautions and its intentions on carrying on with its events as scheduled.

So not sure if I will take a loss and pull myself out of the equation on this or tough it out and potentially expose myself (and not in a trenchcoat-like way!)

won’t be the first time I have lost money on Morrissey concert tix...

Last edited:
If it gets cancelled you’ll get a refund.

im hoping for a nice intimate show! Let the scared people stay home!

BRING ON NYC!

‘He’s meant to be in London on Saturday night, but the travel ban doesn’t apply to the UK (yet).

Belay my last — dear ol blighty is off the hook thanks to the MAGA!

Blood hell reckon he is home in Moz Angeles now, his team the California Sons had a tough basketball game tonight against Flea's team at Mamba Sports Academy. I reckon I don't see Pete making him fly a million miles to Lundun. He has done the usual 2 foreign dates and then cancel the rest of the foreigner tour. Pete says that's good enough for another 3 years in nn n nnnnn nnn nnnnn nnn nnnnnn n nnnn it.

The travel ban won’t last as it’s already pointless. Well maybe irrational fear will keep it going. It’s here and already spreading in the community. The nba canceled it’s season because a player who is very valuable got sick not because of crowds. It’s pointless to cancel events at this juncture really. We’re trying to last until it gets warm and then hold out hope for a vaccine but at this point there’s not much that can be done aside from people deciding to stay home themselves

The travel ban won’t last as it’s already pointless. Well maybe irrational fear will keep it going. It’s here and already spreading in the community. The nba canceled it’s season because a player who is very valuable got sick not because of crowds. It’s pointless to cancel events at this juncture really. We’re trying to last until it gets warm and then hold out hope for a vaccine but at this point there’s not much that can be done aside from people deciding to stay home themselves

I tend to agree but, like it or not, people tend to stay home when events are cancelled. Flattening-out-the-curve is a reasonable possibility with restrictions in place.

I'm hoping the show doesn't get cancelled!!! This new found trend of "cancelling events with more than 1000 people" may be an issue if it becomes a New York rule too. If most of the people stay home anyway, would that mean that the show becomes an "under 1000 people event"? ;-)

Travel from the UK is currently unaffected BUT the band and crew have just been inside shengen area Europe in the last 14 days so I think they are now on the banned list?

Travel from the UK is currently unaffected BUT the band and crew have just been inside shengen area Europe in the last 14 days so I think they are now on the banned list?
Very true, based on the language I’ve seen. Hmmmm.

although, most of the band are American and Moz probably has legal residency. That plays into things.

Last edited:
although, most of the band are American and Moz probably has legal residency.
I thought Moz lived in Lausanne these days. But yeah, at the very least Boz will be out. Has morrissey ever played a show without him since 88?
I'd say the chances look slim either way. Even if the band and crew could get out there, rules banning large events may kick into place. I expect they won't risk it and stay home.

I'm in a similar boat..I foolishly purchased an extra Hammerstein ticket thinking it would sell out quickly and I could easily unload it. Now if the gig happens, I'll be lucky to get $20 for it. Has anybody else noticed that the price for a GA floor ticket on ticketmaster (not resale) has gone from $99 to $75? I paid $238 for 2 tickets and now those same tickets are $183. I didn't know they could do that.

Those Ticketbastards! I so hate them and their racket. Pearl Jam couldn't fight them back in their heyday, so they are unstoppable.

I will email them and ask for a refund of the difference.

Back
Top Bottom