Wonder who Moz is writing with?

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
With the now confirmed return of Morrissey to the live arena, I was interested in who he may be writing new material with? Those of us who follow Boz and Alain on Facebook know that they have been very busy on their own projects over the last 12 months. Boz is obviusly still part of the band and has confirmed he will be playing Hop Farm on FB so where will the presumably new tunes come from? Jesse?

I'll be completely honest, when I found out that it was confirmed that he was on the bill, I was hoping that Boz wouldn't know about it. Or Jesse. Or even Alain. Don't get me wrong, I've found something to love in each Morrissey album, but I'm really itching for Moz to go in a new direction. I don't know why, but I've just got it in my head for him to do something more electronic-based; not like a synth-pop album or anything like that, but having an atmosphere more set by keyboards than guitar. He had that chance with Mikey Farrell -- a shame they didn't collaborate more, because I'm sure Mikey must've had some pretty great ideas. Moz would need to find someone on much the same musical level to achieve something like this. However, there's no use lamenting him using the same band and writers again; I will be slightly disappointed though if he doesn't showcase ANY new songs at Hop Farm. The news of this date and new management would be a HUGE tease otherwise, I think. This can't be part of promotion for "The Very Best of Morrissey."

EDIT: I wonder if Gustavo Manzur is still in the picture on keyboards, etc.? I seem to recall reports of him being seen around the Cat & Fiddle with Moz & Jesse. Unless I'm just making that up?

Last edited:
I'd love him to try some more things along the lines of 'I'd Love To' and 'Sweetie-Pie' as well, just to mix things up a little. I agree about Mikey Farrell being an under-used talent; although I thought his 're-imagining' of 'Sweetie-Pie' was distinctly MOR-dinary, so I don't know how handy he'd be in steering the ship towards more electronic shores,
But at the same time, just lately I've found myself listening repeatedly to 'Kill Uncle' ~ it must be the time of the year! I really do still love the sound of that album. Some of the songs may be a tad under-nourished, but I just love Langer & Winstanley's clean and spacious settings. It's an LP full of subtle little nooks and crannys. Honestly :o

Yeah, Gustavo was with Moz and Jesse at Cat and Fiddle in September.
Alain has been doing lots of writing, no reason he couldn't have sent tapes off to Moz. Boz has seemed kind of busy. Jesse's a good bet.
I was listening to KU last week and I was really enjoying it. I liked it even more than YA which followed *hides*

There could be a hundred facetious answers to this but in all seriousness, what does Jesse do during the time off? Boz, Alain, Gary and others all keep/kept busy with gigs, writing etc. Jesse seems to disappear from the musical landscape until Morrissey is ready to go into a studio.

Anybody?

Who said anything about new material?

Who said anything about new material?

It is natural to think Morrissey and the collaborators are writing new songs.

He got a new management, hopefully they're going to record 10th studio album sometime soon.

It is natural to think Morrissey and the collaborators are writing new songs.

He signed to a new management, hopefully they're going to record 10th studio album sometime soon.

Oh you don't know me at all do you Kewpie? For me it is natural to instantly question everything I hear ;) I'm sure I bore my work colleagues to death with my constant mantra of "Never Assume"!

New material would be nice, and in all honesty I wouldn't shed a tear if the songwriting credits did not have "Tobias" on them.

Back
Top Bottom