Woody Allen

Drew a swallow

deep and blue
Manhattan or Annie Hall? Fave Woody film? Hannah and her sisters was a lovely film too. For pure romance it has to be Manhattan for me.

Manhattan or Annie Hall? Fave Woody film? Hannah and her sisters was a lovely film too. For pure romance it has to be Manhattan for me.

I know it's the obvious one, but "Annie Hall". A perfect film has to be #1, and it's the only perfect film he's made.

A close second is "Hannah And Her Sisters". Michael Caine and Barbara Hershey are great in that.

"Manhattan" and "Stardust Memories" are unforgettable.

My pure romance movie is an odd one-- "Sweet and Lowdown", still one of his best and most underappreciated films. "Shadows and Fog" is another.

His best screwball comedy is "Bananas". How can someone write a movie like "Bananas" and one like "Crimes and Misdemeanors"?

Of his recent movies, I liked "Melinda and Melinda" and "Vicky Cristina Barcelona".

"Broadway Danny Rose", "Love and Death", "Bullets Over Broadway"...my God, I've just realized, I can't even answer your question. I can't narrow down my list of faves, I just have to stop. :)

I was pleasantly surprised with Match Point. it was rather good.I was not sure what to expect, but I liked it.

bananas and sweet and lowdown are my favorites. i think i've seen just about every one except alice, melinda and melinda, and scoop.

there really are too many to list, but i had to pick just one i guess
love-and-death.jpg

then Annie Hall

ps: Diane Keaton once gave me a check for a lot of $ for a noble cause i was canvassing for
i am pretty sure the whole time i was shaking as i looked at her and gave my "rap"
we were told to make eye contact with people, which i did when i could
but the whole time i was thinking to myself:
"Oh my god, oh my god, it's Annie Hall!" :eek:

The best final scene from a film ever -

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4mgqt7uhlo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4mgqt7uhlo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> [/youtube]

The best final scene from a film ever -

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4mgqt7uhlo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4mgqt7uhlo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> [/youtube]

shoot, that still makes me cry :blushing:
you think she came back to him? :straightface:
i dont :tears: & i wonder what Soon Yi thinks of that film :o

ps: who put that tag? :mad: Woody is not a pedo :cool:

I know it's the obvious one, but "Annie Hall". A perfect film has to be #1, and it's the only perfect film he's made...

I tend to agree. The rhythm, mood, acting, mise en scène (I know, you just wanna punch me in the face right about now for using that phrase), everything blended to perfection, something he's never been able to achieve since imo.

I think Bullets Over Broadway was a good movie, but the performances of Diane Wiest and Jennifer Tilly were simply spectacular.

I fell in love with Samantha Morton in Sweet and Lowdown. I thought both Sean Penn and Morton were outstanding in that film.

Of the screwball comedies, I do like Bananas, but also Take the Money and Run.

Manhattan and Annie Hall got me into films. Woody Allen is a genius!

I did buy Annie Hall for my dad on Easter, but I can't recall on seein' it before. Besides, my favourite films by Woody Allen are Radio Days and Vicky Christina Barcelona.

Manhattan is my No.1 ..Mighty Aphrodite and Play it again sam for a good laugh.

Absolutely love the man's movies. My top two are Manhattan and Annie Hall. Favorite comedy is Take the Money and Run..

Priceless :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
(I know, you just wanna punch me in the face right about now for using that phrase)

It isn't used often enough around here. :)

I think Bullets Over Broadway was a good movie, but the performances of Diane Wiest and Jennifer Tilly were simply spectacular.

That's one area where Woody gets a lot of credit but deserves even more. Some of his movies succeed almost entirely because of one or two outstanding acting performances. Diane Weist is a fine actress but she's never topped "Bullets", and for that matter Samantha Morton has never been better than "Sweet and Lowdown". It's more than just giving them good lines to read. Behind the scenes, Woody excels at bringing out great performances. You can take it to the bank that someone who's never stood out before will do something good in a Woody Allen movie: I mean, Jason Biggs was tolerable, for crying out loud.

Even Sly Stallone gave his best-ever performance in "Bananas". :)

Woody Allen is fundamental.

Today:

1. Hannah and Her Sisters
2. Annie Hall
3. Sweet and Lowdown
4. Crimes and Misdemeanors
5. Sleeper
6. Bananas
7. Love and Death
8. Zelig
9. Purple Rose of Cairo
10. Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask*
11. Take the Money and Run
12. Manhattan Murder Mystery

He's a wonderful writer, too. Without Feathers is one of the funniest books I've ever read.

Tags
allen = genius woody = god woody = pedo woody allen
Back
Top Bottom