"World Peace..." reviews (The Needle Drop, The Spectator, The List, Occasionally Opinionated)

Link posted by MozAngeles818 (original post):

Review by Anthony Fantano (rating: light 5) - The Needle Drop
Morrissey’s latest album feels more ideological than it does musical. Which is fine, I guess, if all you care about is what Morrisey thinks.

Links posted by Belligerent Ghoul:

Has Morrissey finally recorded a decent album? by Digby Warde-Aldam - The Spectator

Review by by Kirstyn Smith (4/5) - The List
Despite mediocre recent releases, Morrissey's latest is a palpable punch in the jaw for doubters

A track-by-track review by Girl-with-the-Thorn (8.5 / 10) - Occasionally Opinionated blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (The Needle Drop, The Spectator, The List, Occasionally Opinio

How can he be an arbiter of anything in those clothes???

Re: Article: "World Peace..." reviews (The Needle Drop, The Spectator, The List, Occasionally Opinio

From what I've read most of the reviews over the past two weeks seem pretty spot on. The album is far from perfect, and there are definitely a few tracks that can only be described as unremarkable - Kiss Me A Lot, for example. But there are also some tracks that are among the most remarkable and extraordinary work Moz has ever produced - I'm Not A Man, Staircase, Mountjoy. They're so good I can't get them out of my head. And the themes of the album are so 'odd' that I have fallen in love with Mozzer all over again. If I was rating the album I would love to give it 5/5 but I suppose would have to give it 4/5 on the grounds that not every track on the album is a stunner. Definitely my fave Moz album though since Vauxhall, without a doubt.

From what I've read most of the reviews over the past two weeks seem pretty spot on. The album is far from perfect, and there are definitely a few tracks that can only be described as unremarkable - Kiss Me A Lot, for example. But there are also some tracks that are among the most remarkable and extraordinary work Moz has ever produced - I'm Not A Man, Staircase, Mountjoy. They're so good I can't get them out of my head. And the themes of the album are so 'odd' that I have fallen in love with Mozzer all over again. If I was rating the album I would love to give it 5/5 but I suppose would have to give it 4/5 on the grounds that not every track on the album is a stunner. Definitely my fave Moz album though since Vauxhall, without a doubt.

So true! Though I really love Kiss Me A Lot too. The vocal esp.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom