Worst Morrissey song

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
What do people think the worst song Morrissey has recorded is?

For a long time it was probably 'Asian Rut', but at least that had the fact it annoyed people going for it, so that was a plus.

But surely now it has to be 'The Secret Of Music' from the last album? Pure shit.

Is it the one entitled "I flounced off an internet forum after being abusive to some of its regulars and now I want to crawl back and pretend nothing happened?"

Is it the one entitled "I flounced off an internet forum after being abusive to some of its regulars and now I want to crawl back and pretend nothing happened?"
Ha ha, i should have known you'd be the first to reply Radis. Firstly i haven't pretended nothing has happened, maybe you missed the posts earlier but i had plenty to say to you. Maybe you've just ignored it because it was too close to home?

And secondly, have you f***ing heard yourself??? 'Some of it's regulars'? It's laughable how much stock you put in this place, it's an internet forum, not the local pub. You honestly think it means something don't you. None of these people know you or care about you. Or me, i admit, but i'm not living on here like you. How much do you weigh, you're not that 50 stone bloke from the news recently are you?

I'm still laughing at that 'some of it's regulars' comment. I pity you. When you die, i wonder how many of 'the regulars' will be at your funeral.

For a long time it was probably 'Asian Rut', but at least that had the fact it annoyed people going for it, so that was a plus.

But surely now it has to be 'The Secret Of Music' from the last album? Pure shit.
I can't agree with you re: TSOM, it's a great track; it's an unusual Moz track for sure, but boundary-pushing greatness & innovation.

Ha ha, i should have known you'd be the first to reply Radis. Firstly i haven't pretended nothing has happened, maybe you missed the posts earlier but i had plenty to say to you. Maybe you've just ignored it because it was too close to home?

And secondly, have you f***ing heard yourself??? 'Some of it's regulars'? It's laughable how much stock you put in this place, it's an internet forum, not the local pub. You honestly think it means something don't you. None of these people know you or care about you. Or me, i admit, but i'm not living on here like you. How much do you weigh, you're not that 50 stone bloke from the news recently are you?
On average you have made 29 posts per day, which suggests you spend more time on here than n most people.

On average you have made 29 posts per day, which suggests you spend more time on here than n most people.
No, i post on here a lot when i log on (waiting for something to cook, on a bus, having a shit), but i don't live on here 24/7 like Radis seems to.

It doesn't take long to bang a few comments out.

I can't agree with you re: TSOM, it's a great track; it's an unusual Moz track for sure, but boundary-pushing greatness & innovation.
Thanks for actually answering the question Mozmar, at least some on here appreciate the intent.

So what would you choose?

Thanks for actually answering the question Mozmar, at least some on here appreciate the intent.

So what would you choose?
No problem.

We did something similar to this some time back entitled 'disasterpieces', which was a follow on to 'masterpieces'. Obviously it's all subjective, but while the general conclusion was that there were no 'disasterpieces' in Moz's extensive catalogue, there were certainly a few tracks which were close.

I'll throw these 2 into the ring for now:

• This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  • All The Young People Must Fall in Love

No problem.

We did something similar to this some time back entitled 'disasterpieces', which was a follow on to 'masterpieces'. Obviously it's all subjective, but while the general conclusion was that there were no 'disasterpieces' in Moz's extensive catalogue, there were certainly a few tracks which were close.

I'll throw these 2 into the ring for now:

• This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
  • All The Young People Must Fall in Love
Disasterpieces, i like that. I agree there aren't many in his collection, maybe a couple from Kill Uncle & Maladjusted.

I appreciate a lot of topics will have been done before, but some on here criticise if you don't start a conversation, then just post shite when you do.

I guess with some, you're just damned if you do & damned if you don't.

Disasterpieces, i like that. I agree there aren't many in his collection, maybe a couple from Kill Uncle & Maladjusted.

I appreciate a lot of topics will have been done before, but some on here criticise if you don't start a conversation, then just post shite when you do.

Which ones from those 2 albums are you referring to specifically? I love both those albums btw.

lol. You still here ?

If you’re gonna leave then leave...

:p

I thought you was leaving this site?

Which ones from those 2 albums are you referring to specifically? I love both those albums btw.
There is no Morrissey album i hate, but i suppose from those 2, from Kill Uncle the aforementioned Asian Rut & The Harsh Truth of The Camera Eye, & Maladjusted, He Cried & Papa Jack. And maybe Wide to Recieve. I don't hate them but they're not my favourites.

There's a lot of stuff on here going back years, probably asking/answering almost every conceivable question, but no harm in having some of it regurgitated from time to time, especially if it's music related. No recent member could possibly know what's gone before.

How nice @Mozmar to post a thread & actually have a reasonable conversation with someone. This is the best of what this forum can be.

I'm sure it won't be long until the worst re-emerge.

There is no Morrissey album i hate, but i suppose from those 2, from Kill Uncle the aforementioned Asian Rut & The Harsh Truth of The Camera Eye, & Maladjusted, He Cried & Papa Jack. And maybe Wide to Recieve. I don't hate them but they're not my favourites.
I'm not being deliberately contrary, but I love all those tracks.
Sometimes you can start off not liking a particular song because of the music itself, or melodies, or whatever, but sometimes, if you listen, the actual words can influence your thinking. I find that a lot with Morrissey. His words are, in the main, very powerful, & that's what I, & many people, love about him.
Case in point, Papa Jack.
Beautiful lyrics & song.

Back
Top Bottom